XPEnology Community

Solution: Drives not found when using HBA

mgrobins

I have a long rambling thread where Peter Suh assisted me with great patience, however wanted to present a clean reply so others with my issue may find a solution rapidly and have successful install.

The core problem I was having as it turns out - was improper loading of ext MPT3SAS which is for a number of LSI HBA's (eg 9211-8i), and potentially a conflict with automatic detection of ixgbe which is a 10GBe ext for intel 10GB adapters (x550 in my case).

I am using the my.sh mapping/automated script designed by Peter Suh. 

The process will be

Build TC disk image

Boot to GUI and open console

Download Peter's "My" tool and extract it from downloaded archive.

Update the ./rploader to latest version

run "Myv" tool to step through boot loader creation.  NOTE: using "myv.sh" not "my.sh so you can manually select your driver from a list.

Instructions:

Loader:

Create USB Tinycore boot disk as usual.

Boot to the GUI.

Customising your loader:

wget https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz  
tar -zxvf my.sh.gz     

./rploader.sh update   

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./myv.sh DS3622xs+ realmac noclean manual

./exitcheck reboot

When prompted to load a driver/extension enter "y", then select correct extension - 41 (mpt3Sas in my case)

You will be prompted again after it has completed that driver. If no more specific drivers needed (most of us won't have any I think) - select "N"

If you have active Sataports you will be asked to confirm satamap.

Once complete you should have a working loader with no conflicting or duplicated extensions.

Thank you again to Peter Suh, Flyride and others who have assisted me and offer this software :).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:17 AM, mgrobins said:

I have a long rambling thread where Peter Suh assisted me with great patience, however wanted to present a clean reply so others with my issue may find a solution rapidly and have successful install.

The core problem I was having as it turns out - was improper loading of ext MPT3SAS which is for a number of LSI HBA's (eg 9211-8i), and potentially a conflict with automatic detection of ixgbe which is a 10GBe ext for intel 10GB adapters (x550 in my case).

I am using the my.sh mapping/automated script designed by Peter Suh. 

The process will be

Build TC disk image

Boot to GUI and open console

Download Peter's "My" tool and extract it from downloaded archive.

Update the ./rploader to latest version

run "Myv" tool to step through boot loader creation.  NOTE: using "myv.sh" not "my.sh so you can manually select your driver from a list.

Instructions:

Loader:

Create USB Tinycore boot disk as usual.

Boot to the GUI.

Customising your loader:

wget https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz  
tar -zxvf my.sh.gz     

./rploader.sh update   

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./myv.sh DS3622xs+ realmac noclean manual

./exitcheck reboot

When prompted to load a driver/extension enter "y", then select correct extension - 41 (mpt3Sas in my case)

You will be prompted again after it has completed that driver. If no more specific drivers needed (most of us won't have any I think) - select "N"

If you have active Sataports you will be asked to confirm satamap.

Once complete you should have a working loader with no conflicting or duplicated extensions.

Thank you again to Peter Suh, Flyride and others who have assisted me and offer this software :).

hello sir, I have  one Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350 LAN NETWORK,which drivers should i select from the list?

On 9/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, wifi75 said:

hello sir, I have  one Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350 LAN NETWORK,which drivers should i select from the list?

./my.sh DS1621+ and ./my.sh DS1621+ postupdate
Did you go to the DSM installation stage?

Why are you suddenly asking about a network driver?

Is this not related to the question you asked me?

Are you also using an HBA?

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, wifi75 said:

You've reported your hardware specs piece by piece, but it's never been put together all at once.
Share all of the overall hardware specs. Otherwise, I won't answer any further.

DeskTop PC: Lenovo ?
M/B, CPU, RAM: Leveno? / i5-8500, 8GB
HBA: Dell Perc H310 ?
Nic : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350

2 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

You've reported your hardware specs piece by piece, but it's never been put together all at once.
Share all of the overall hardware specs. Otherwise, I won't answer any further.

DeskTop PC: Lenovo ?
M/B, CPU, RAM: Leveno? / i5-8500, 8GB
HBA: Dell Perc H310 ?
Nic : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350

Desktop pc fujitsu
M/B; eprimo e520 16 Gb ddr ram

cpu intel I5.4590

NIC: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350

On 9/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, wifi75 said:

Desktop pc fujitsu
M/B; eprimo e520 16 Gb ddr ram

cpu intel I5.4590

NIC: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350

Is the desktop pc where I installed ds1621+ another i5-8500?

Is the one below another PC?

The NIC driver is automatically added without the need for separate installation.

since I also tried the file myv, sh, I thought I had to update the drivers, the pci 4 nic I-350 card already works in fact I created a lcp do cards + it works fine ... now I also add that of the motherboard and see if it already works.
I asked thinking I should update the drivers.

8 minutes ago, wifi75 said:

since I also tried the file myv, sh, I thought I had to update the drivers, the pci 4 nic I-350 card already works in fact I created a lcp do cards + it works fine ... now I also add that of the motherboard and see if it already works.
I asked thinking I should update the drivers.

Originally, my.sh alone should find nic and storage controllers by pocopico's ext driver auto-detection function.
However, in special cases, this automatic detection function may fail.
If it is determined that this automatic detection has really failed, you can specify the ext driver through myv.sh .

The i217-V seems to use the e1000e.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/14611/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-pcie-intel-gigabit-ethernet-network-connections-under-linux-final- release.html

I-350 seems to use igb.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/14098/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-82575-6-82580-i350-and-i210-211-based-gigabit- network-connections-for-linux.html

And, to check if the ext driver you want is included with only my.sh, use the command below.

ls -l *load/c*/e*

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Originally, my.sh alone should find nic and storage controllers by pocopico's ext driver auto-detection function.
If it is determined that this automatic detection has really failed, you can specify the ext driver through myv.sh .

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/14611/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-pcie-intel-gigabit-ethernet-network-connections-under-linux-final- release.html

I-350 seems to use igb.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/14098/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-82575-6-82580-i350-and-i210-211-based-gigabit- network-connections-for-linux.html

And, to check if the ext driver you want is included with only my.sh, use the command below.

ls -l *load/c*/e*

THanks Peter :)

On 9/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Peter Suh said:

I-350 seems to use igb.

ls -l *load/c*/e*

I tryed ti send command ls -l *load/c*/e* see below :

image.png.959a26101a4a6afd4e3ffe7ae77e6628.png

• 1 month later...