XPEnology Community

DVA3219 loader development thread

DVA3219 Jot Mode is released by user request.

Denverton platform-based surveillance equipment such as the DVA3221.

It is for 4 bays like the captured image.

In jun mode, bugs have not been caught yet, so only jot mode is released first.

TC Original does not support it, and can only be built with my M Shell.

Below is how to download.

curl --location "https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz" -O; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz;

./my.sh DVA3219

For VMs that require additional drivers, etc.

You can use it as

./myv.sh DVA3219

And you will surely meet the infinite recovery mode.

then 

Please take care of it like this.

sudo ./my.sh DVA3219 postupdate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usage: ./my.sh <Synology Model Name> <Options>

Options: postupdate, noconfig, noclean, manual, realmac

- postupdate : Option to patch the restore loop after applying DSM 7.1.0-42661 Update 2, no additional build required.

- noconfig: SKIP automatic detection change processing such as SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap of user_config.json file.

- noclean: SKIP the 💊   RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean command. 
           However, delete the Cache directory and loader.img.

- manual: Options for manual extension processing and manual dtc processing in build action (skipping extension auto detection).

- realmac : Option to use the NIC's real address instead of creating a virtual one.

Please type Synology Model Name after ./my.sh

- for jot mode

./my.sh DS918+
./my.sh DS3617xs
./my.sh DS3615xs
./my.sh DS3622xs+
./my.sh DVA3221
./my.sh DS920+
./my.sh DS1621+
./my.sh DS2422+
./my.sh DVA1622
./my.sh DS1520+ (Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh FS2500  (Not Suppoted, Testing..., Has DTC issue)
./my.sh DS1621xs+
./my.sh RS4021xs+
./my.sh DVA3219 

- for jun mode

./my.sh DS918+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS3617xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3615xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3622xs+J                                                                                                   
./my.sh DVA3221J                                                                                                     
./my.sh DS920+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS1621+J 
./my.sh DS2422+J  
./my.sh DVA1622J (Not Suppoted)
./my.sh DS1520+J
./my.sh FS2500J  (Not Suppoted, Has DTC issue)
./my.sh DS1621xs+J
./my.sh RS4021xs+J ((Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh DVA3219J (Not Suppoted, Testing...)

741148547_2022-07-2510_36_22.thumb.png.3c1fd42e118adbd0ae1282494c95a952.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pocopico said:

Is this new version introduced for the nVidia 1050 vs 1650 that the DVA3221 has ?

I'm asking because I think that using 1050 was possible even with DVA3221 

Since it was created by copying the config and exts of your DVA3221 as it is, it will probably work the same.

I don't have nVidia 1050 vs 1650 so I can't test it.

I'll ask Korean users to test it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali0028 said:

+Following! 

This is interesting, being that I can't install DVA3221.

So do you just run those command where? Sorry I am not familiar with the "Jot mode"  

Never mind I just saw and just realized that it was a port from DAV3221 which it wont work with my CPU :(

Edited by Cali0028

36 minutes ago, bluecatus said:

I tested DVA3219 on vmware: rebooting after it was installed, I faced to error "We've detected that you had moved the hard drives to a new DVA3219..."

Please help me out.

2022-07-31 07_57_48-Window.png

As I have already explained above,
Have you tried running the script below by going back to TC linux?

then 

2 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

As I have already explained above,
Have you tried running the script below by going back to TC linux?

then 

I got this. Thanks so much.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:59 PM, Orphée said:
On 7/27/2022 at 10:39 PM, error403 said:
Sure it doesn't work on older CPUs? Would be very helpful.

Try and tell us.

Tried DVA3219 on i7 3770. It didn't boot. So I guess on an FX 8300 it will not work too, due to its age.

I wasn't able to get serial out. But looking at the USB activity (bare metal install), it must be VERY early at boot.
3221 just stops after the line "Starting kernel with SATA boot". I highly assume it's the same here, as it's Denverton too.

This topic will help.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61634-dsm-7x-loaders-and-platforms/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I know that chart.
Also it reads

FMA3 instruction support required. All Haswell Core processors or later support it.  Very few Pentiums/Celerons do (J-series CPUs are a notable exception).
Piledriver is believed to be the minimum AMD CPU architecture equivalent to Intel Haswell.

So FX 8300 should be supported, but it actually doesn't work.

37 minutes ago, error403 said:

Also it reads

Serial output logs, or it did not happen :)

Currently you can only speculate.

If I did the same as you when first trying DVA3221, we maybe would still not have any working loader for it.

I bought the necessary stuff to retreive logs, and found there were a kernel panic because of a satadom set to 1 and comparing with already working loader for DS918+ with satadom set to 2, I was able to make it work and requested an update in the github code.

So without logs, currently, you can only say "I don't know why it does not work, for me, currently"

You may be right, but you may be wrong, we currently don't know.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, error403 said:

Also it reads

When there is no response in nic or when kernel panic is expected, and when it is difficult to check serial port log on bare metal, consider testing in VM as an alternative. You can check the panic log with an easier virtual serial port compared to bare metal. Personally, I found virtualbox easier than proxmox. Checking the log through this virtual serial port will be the minimum clue to solve the problem.

You're both totally right, I know, but it's a bit hard to test as I don't have the machine at home and limited equipment at this place.

In ESXi it stopped at the very same point. When I emulated a newer CPU in Proxmox it did boot much further, but performance is total crap.

When I get access again I will go the virtual route again because of the easier debugging.

• 2 weeks later...
В 25.07.2022 в 17:13, Peter Suh сказал:

DVA3219 Jot Mode is released by user request.

Denverton platform-based surveillance equipment such as the DVA3221.

It is for 4 bays like the captured image.

In jun mode, bugs have not been caught yet, so only jot mode is released first.

TC Original does not support it, and can only be built with my M Shell.

Below is how to download.

curl --location "https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz" -O; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz;

./my.sh DVA3219

For VMs that require additional drivers, etc.

You can use it as

./myv.sh DVA3219

then 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usage: ./my.sh <Synology Model Name> <Options>

Options: postupdate, noconfig, noclean, manual, realmac

- postupdate : Option to patch the restore loop after applying DSM 7.1.0-42661 Update 2, no additional build required.

- noconfig: SKIP automatic detection change processing such as SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap of user_config.json file.

- noclean: SKIP the 💊   RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean command. 
           However, delete the Cache directory and loader.img.

- manual: Options for manual extension processing and manual dtc processing in build action (skipping extension auto detection).

- realmac : Option to use the NIC's real address instead of creating a virtual one.

Please type Synology Model Name after ./my.sh

- for jot mode

./my.sh DS918+
./my.sh DS3617xs
./my.sh DS3615xs
./my.sh DS3622xs+
./my.sh DVA3221
./my.sh DS920+
./my.sh DS1621+
./my.sh DS2422+
./my.sh DVA1622
./my.sh DS1520+ (Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh FS2500  (Not Suppoted, Testing..., Has DTC issue)
./my.sh DS1621xs+
./my.sh RS4021xs+
./my.sh DVA3219 

- for jun mode

./my.sh DS918+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS3617xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3615xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3622xs+J                                                                                                   
./my.sh DVA3221J                                                                                                     
./my.sh DS920+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS1621+J 
./my.sh DS2422+J  
./my.sh DVA1622J (Not Suppoted)
./my.sh DS1520+J
./my.sh FS2500J  (Not Suppoted, Has DTC issue)
./my.sh DS1621xs+J
./my.sh RS4021xs+J ((Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh DVA3219J (Not Suppoted, Testing...)

741148547_2022-07-2510_36_22.thumb.png.3c1fd42e118adbd0ae1282494c95a952.png

The problem with dva3219, dva3221 is that not all of pascal/turing gpus are supported because of an old driver in Nvidia Runtime Library spk. Current driver used for both dva3221 and dva3219 is 440.44 which is old since it was released in late 2019, many pascal and turing gpu revisions (for example with gddr6 memory) were released after this driver. Once synology updates drivers or a way to edit/replace drivers in ssh will be found things will be more interesting )

39 minutes ago, dimakv2014 said:

The problem with dva3219, dva3221 is that not all of pascal/turing gpus are supported because of an old driver in Nvidia Runtime Library spk. Current driver used for both dva3221 and dva3219 is 440.44 which is old since it was released in late 2019, many pascal and turing gpu revisions (for example with gddr6 memory) were released after this driver. Once synology updates drivers or a way to edit/replace drivers in ssh will be found things will be more interesting )

My GTX 1650 Super has 4gb of DDR6 and works fine on DVA3221

• Like 1