XPEnology Community

A New loader for latest DSM & CPU AMD

F5BJR

Tested with new loader 28/10 CPU AMD by jun V1.0 ( 29/10 )

I use only one HDD installed on motherboards INTEL running fine

---

Motherboard is by HP Pegatron - M2N7B-LA and AMD X4-630

CPU supported : Socket type: AM3 :

AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core / AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core / AMD Phenom II X2 5xx / AMD Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe / AMD Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe / AMD Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe

Problem : Diskstation not detected

---

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-M61PME

CPU supported : Socket AM3/ AM2+/ AM2 processors:

AMD Phenom™ FX / AMD Phenom™ X4 / AMD Phenom™ X3 / AMD Athlon™ X2 / AMD Athlon™ / AMD Sempron™ X2 / AMD Sempron™

Tested with new loader 28/10 CPU AMD by jun V1.0 ( 29/10 )

I use only one HDD installed on motherboards INTEL running fine

---

Motherboard is by HP Pegatron - M2N7B-LA and AMD X4-630

CPU supported : Socket type: AM3 :

AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core / AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core / AMD Phenom II X2 5xx / AMD Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe / AMD Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe / AMD Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe

---

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-M61PME

CPU supported : Socket AM3/ AM2+/ AM2 processors:

AMD Phenom™ FX / AMD Phenom™ X4 / AMD Phenom™ X3 / AMD Athlon™ X2 / AMD Athlon™ / AMD Sempron™ X2 / AMD Sempron™

I have no idea at the moment, any additonal info, logs?

And any other AMD user could help?

Maybe compile a kernel with graphic console will aid debugging

• 2 weeks later...
I Just tried it on my 2 n36l flashed with n54l bios (so i can have 6 disc connectet), unfortenly i can't get it to boot, have checked pid, vid, serial and mac 4 times, to be sure they are correct, still no luck

I have a n36l too (with only 4 disks) and it work well... you do not have to do anything special other than change vid/pid/serial.

Are you sure you select the right startup option?

The first time you must select grub's entry "DS3615xs 6.02 Baremetal AMD..." or it will not boot.

If you need more time to select correct entry, you can edit grub.cfg (modify set timeout='1' with set timeout='5' for ex)... or you can replace set default='0' with set default='3' to startup with AMD meny entry.

ciao

ema

I Just tried it on my 2 n36l flashed with n54l bios (so i can have 6 disc connectet), unfortenly i can't get it to boot, have checked pid, vid, serial and mac 4 times, to be sure they are correct, still no luck

I have a n36l too (with only 4 disks) and it work well... you do not have to do anything special other than change vid/pid/serial.

Are you sure you select the right startup option?

The first time you must select grub's entry "DS3615xs 6.02 Baremetal AMD..." or it will not boot.

If you need more time to select correct entry, you can edit grub.cfg (modify set timeout='1' with set timeout='5' for ex)... or you can replace set default='0' with set default='3' to startup with AMD meny entry.

ciao

ema

Thnls alot, got it working now, it also helped when i remembered to copy the AMD bzimage over also :smile: