XPEnology Community

Is it possible to display expansion units / pci cards in DSM7 storage manager?

smileyworld

Is it possible to display expansion units (Synology DX1222) or pci-cards (intel X540-t2) in DSM7-TCRP like this?

image.thumb.png.008140aa491b39558688e41fbecf04cd.png

I am asking because it would be nice if I could see all my (22) drives and for example instantly know which drive I have to replace.

For now it looks like this.

image.thumb.png.839b92f21570cecfb71fd7ba3e48e997.png

My guess is, DSM only displays 12 drives in use because the DS3622xs+ has only 12 slots.

Your are correct about the number of drives, it's displayed based on the model. In DSM 6 you could install as many drives you like and they were visible. Now they changed it based on the model. It does not matter though, even if you have a DS918+ which technically has 4 drives you can have maybe upto 16 drives.

For the PCIE, I know for sure in order to have NVME cache you need to change a file and add the PCI addresses of your NVMEs.

I do not know if you can do the same thing for any type of PCIE card. That will be very interesting.

As for the expansion unit I never read a post about them, I do not know if you have an original expansion unit and an e-sata if you connect it will be visible...

• Thanks 1