XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

3 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

Bad news :(

Further reading : http://www.dirac.org/linux/system.map/ 

Based on the above and knowing that toolchain is relatively old someone might assume that Symbols are missing due to not being in the toolchain System Map ?

The system map though is included in the running kernel itself and is bound to the /proc filesystem 

# cat /proc/kallsyms

I need to further test.

Edited by pocopico
  • Thanks 1

Hi could you please help me understand what I am dooing wrong? My very basic setup in ESXi 7U3 where I have VM with 1 sataboot disk and 2 virtual SATA 30GB drives connected in proper order, and I am not able to install it properly. Usualy system is able to boot for first instalation but than I have multiple errors dring formating drives and lets say on 3rd try its complete instalation, but after reboot system its trying to boot but when I try to refresh login screen system shut down with no reason. I collect log from all of these actions maybe someone is able to find what I am dooing wrong. Thanks for help.

putty.log

3 hours ago, Hydrael said:

Hi could you please help me understand what I am dooing wrong? My very basic setup in ESXi 7U3 where I have VM with 1 sataboot disk and 2 virtual SATA 30GB drives connected in proper order, and I am not able to install it properly. Usualy system is able to boot for first instalation but than I have multiple errors dring formating drives and lets say on 3rd try its complete instalation, but after reboot system its trying to boot but when I try to refresh login screen system shut down with no reason. I collect log from all of these actions maybe someone is able to find what I am dooing wrong. Thanks for help.

putty.log 665.99 kB · 4 downloads

During my tests with the ESXi 6U7 I had problems with the installation of the DSM, I had to change the HDs with "Thick Provision Eager Zeroed".

About shutdown, enable "misc" addon.

18 minutes ago, neonflx said:

if using ARPL how can I load the mpt2sas and mpt3sas ? 

I'm still having the issue where no drives are detected, same setup I'm running 3622xs 7.0.1 , is a couple of months old build would like to get 7.1 update X going

thanks

These modules should load automatically, but I'm having kernel panic problems! Wouldn't you have a serial port to capture the logs?

@fbelavenuto do you have an how-to add a custom external addon download? i would like to create an optional addon to add the backported i915 drivers for 10th gen, i saw the structure of /mnt/p3/addons but it's not clear what arpl is expecting.

my idea is to add a custom addon (or maybe you could add it into your official repo) based on the work of @blackmanga backported drivers from here.. his readme sais to put the missing *.bin from the linux kernel to /usr/lib/firmware/i915 and his drivers in /usr/lib/modules to overwrite the stock ones.. could be done as a geminilake only platform addon, what do you think?

1 hour ago, fbelavenuto said:

During my tests with the ESXi 6U7 I had problems with the installation of the DSM, I had to change the HDs with "Thick Provision Eager Zeroed".

About shutdown, enable "misc" addon.

Hi Thank you so much! both advices fix all mentioned issues just dont know why because in previously loaders versions I don't need to install any addon...

But thanks for your time and hard work.

Another important point is that the loader detects whether or not the CPU has the FMA3 instruction and does not display the models that require it. So if the DS918+ and DVA3221 models are not displayed it is because of the CPU's lack of support for FMA instructions.

I have NUC J3455 with DS918+ and DVA3221 installed, but lack of FMA3.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pigr8 said:

@fbelavenuto do you have an how-to add a custom external addon download? i would like to create an optional addon to add the backported i915 drivers for 10th gen, i saw the structure of /mnt/p3/addons but it's not clear what arpl is expecting.

my idea is to add a custom addon (or maybe you could add it into your official repo) based on the work of @blackmanga backported drivers from here.. his readme sais to put the missing *.bin from the linux kernel to /usr/lib/firmware/i915 and his drivers in /usr/lib/modules to overwrite the stock ones.. could be done as a geminilake only platform addon, what do you think?

I was going to tell you to use the existing template from the arpl-modules repository, but I've already received your PR and message notifying your success.

13 minutes ago, apriliars3 said:

Another important point is that the loader detects whether or not the CPU has the FMA3 instruction and does not display the models that require it. So if the DS918+ and DVA3221 models are not displayed it is because of the CPU's lack of support for FMA instructions.

Thats interesting, as according to @pocopico and @flyride DS918 and DVA3221 require Haswell+ to run, because of FMA3 instruction set being required by Kernel or something else?  I can verify that 918 and 3221 do not and will not load on Xeon E3-1270v2 or E5-2650v2 cpu's. I have tried in proxmox and both Kernel Panic during boot.

20 hours ago, Hydrael said:

Hi Thank you so much! both advices fix all mentioned issues just dont know why because in previously loaders versions I don't need to install any addon...

But thanks for your time and hard work.

Earlier versions had the 'misc' addon built in. Now about the HDs I only noticed doing tests recently.

41 minutes ago, apriliars3 said:

And do the 918/3221 models work on your board using other loaders?

4 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

I was going to tell you to use the existing template from the arpl-modules repository, but I've already received your PR and message notifying your success.

great, hope someone else could try and see if it works for them also, i just made a lot of copy paste hacks without knowing what I'm doing ahaha

8 минут назад, fbelavenuto сказал:

You're sorry, but I don't know if I've already asked you because there were several messages. Is it possible to send me the serial log?

I never did it before, will try to find how it's to do at sunday.

If you have link to step-by-step guide how to receive serial log, please provide it to me, because it's something new for me

Edited by mrmvd

1 hour ago, mrmvd said:

I never did it before, will try to find how it's to do at sunday.

If you have link to step-by-step guide how to receive serial log, please provide it to me, because it's something new for me

Have you looked in the forum? 

6 hours ago, SixthTangerine said:

PXL_20220729_201955638.thumb.jpg.a4bea025f39af3288842c0131f8cc38e.jpg

Hi guys, i managed to install DVA1622 on my pc, but i cant get local display to work. I enable local display but the monitor still displays arpl booting screen.

Can someone please send a helping hand. 😟

What you see on the Local screen is all you will ever see. You MUST , just like with a REAL synology use Synology Web Assistant or Best to download Synology Assistant to then log in and install the .pat file . etc 

In fact , at this point you should unplug that screen and put it in the closet or storage. You should never need it again, along with the keyboard & mouse if you had one. Synology/Xpenology does not need screen/keyboard/mouse.

Edited by Green

47 minutes ago, Green said:

What you see on the Local screen is all you will ever see. You MUST , just like with a REAL synology use Synology Web Assistant or Best to download Synology Assistant to then log in and install the .pat file . etc 

In fact , at this point you should unplug that screen and put it in the closet or storage. You should never need it again, along with the keyboard & mouse if you had one. Synology/Xpenology does not need screen/keyboard/mouse.

I know those synology model dont need screen before, but this DVA1622 is the 1st one come with HDMI output so that we can directly monitor all the cams. I heard some people could enable that, but i still cant find a way.

Here below is their pic with monitor

IMG_1016.thumb.jpg.4b477b9fb9d812cac0ccfcec38ff33a6.jpg

@fbelavenuto bro, do you have any idea :D