XPEnology Community

Which version should I use for AMD a6-7310 and where can I find it

Hi, I am new to this community, I have been trying to install various versions of DSM's by using the tutorials in this community, but nothing has worked as of now, I have used @jun's 1.02a, 1.02b and even 1.03b with their respective versions of DSM packages, but still i find no luck. I have even followed @Polanskiman's tutorial for installation of 6.0.2 which is i suppose for amd itself. But that too doesn't seem to work. The issue i am facing is, usually i install the DSM package, the system reboots, (i get the count down timer on the finds.synology.com page but my NAS isn't detected at all) it just stays at the Intro screen (where in usually we get the prompt to go find the synology on finds.synology.nas) Can someone guide me through this??

PC specs are
CPU-AMD a6-7310
RAM-4GB

HDD-4TB (WD-BLUE) (to start with)

You can add the tcrpdiag extension that will produce an html formated adiagnostic page with some hints.

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/raw/main/tcrp-diag/rpext-index.json

You add the extension and while at GRUB you hit the 'e' button and go down to the linux line (USB) and add the word tcrpdiag 

Then get back to tcrp and read the file to check what is wrong

Thankyou @pocopico and @Peter Suh for the help. I tried building the loader for DSM DS3622xs+ for the 7.1.0-42661 version. I am not able to go through the loader build process. I have attached the log output_log.txt. NOTE: have replaced all VID/PID/MAC with XXXX. 

But I tried to do the same for the 7.0.1 version. It worked like charm. A Big thankyou.  Also if you are able to checkout what's going wrong in the 42661 version, do post the solution for it, I will try and install that one.

1 hour ago, Shravan Manerikar said:

Thankyou @pocopico and @Peter Suh for the help. I tried building the loader for DSM DS3622xs+ for the 7.1.0-42661 version. I am not able to go through the loader build process. I have attached the log output_log.txt. NOTE: have replaced all VID/PID/MAC with XXXX. 

But I tried to do the same for the 7.0.1 version. It worked like charm. A Big thankyou.  Also if you are able to checkout what's going wrong in the 42661 version, do post the solution for it, I will try and install that one.

[#] ========================================== pocopico.tcrp-diag ==========================================
[#] Extension name: Tinycore Diag
[#] Description: An extension that will assist in collecting DSM diagnostic information
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tcrp-diag
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/tcrp-diag
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/tcrp-diag/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds3617xs_25556u2 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42621 ds3617xs_42218 ds3615xs_25556u2 ds3617xs_25556 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3622xsp_42218 dva3221_42621 ds3615xs_41222 ds3617xs_42218u2 ds3615xs_25556 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42621 ds3615xs_42218 ds3622xsp_42621
[#] =======================================================================================

pocopico.tcrp-diag does not support ds3622xsp_42661

Maybe he will add this revision.

Also, it is recommended not to use the root account or sudo if possible.

This is what pocopico asked for.

Edited by Peter Suh