XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

11 минуту назад, sandro_66 сказал:

At the moment, I have 5 AI tasks and 1 face recognition task launched in this way on the DVA1622 assembly based on the J4125 processor (I can set more, but I don’t need this).  All of these tasks run at the same time.  The definition of people, vehicles and face recognition is great.  Now no DVA3221 assemblies and expensive Nvidia GTX1660 video cards are needed for them (to increase the number of AI tasks, since by default only two tasks can be run simultaneously on DVA1622).  Everything works fine based on the J4125 processor and the integrated intel uhd 600 graphics. Synology artificially limited the dva1622 to only use 2 AI tasks at a time.

Thats great news ) any tutorial )? How is cpu and igpu feeing what are the temps? Would be nice to find what is maximum limit of tasks can be done

Edited by dimakv2014

47 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Thats great news ) any tutorial )? How is cpu and igpu feeing what are the temps? Would be nice to find what is maximum limit of tasks can be done

As there is no such guide, just do it as follows: 1) create motion detection zones and conditions for their detection on cameras, while choosing "Surveillance station" as the detection algorithm and not camera algorithms; 2) create the necessary AI and face recognition tasks for each camera but do not enable them (you still cannot enable more than 2 tasks); 2) in the surveillance station, open the "Action rules" package and create the following rule in it: in the conditions, select "started" as the rule type, and "interruptible" as the action type (these values are specified by default); then in the "events" tab, select "camera" as the source, select cameras as the "device" (for example, I selected all cameras), select "motion detection" as the event; then in the "actions" tab, as the "action device", select "Deep Video Analyticscs" or "Face recognition", as the "task" select one of the AI or face recognition tasks that you created in step 2 of this guide, as " actions" select "enable task", then on the same tab at the top left click the "add" button and create by analogy "Action 2", "Action 3", "Action 4" and "Action 5" (in just one rule, you can set up to 5 actions, if there is a need for more actions, then create a new rule by analogy); further in the tab "schedule" you set actively always. This is how, when motion detection is triggered using action rules, actions 1 - 5 are activated, each of which includes a specific Deep Video Analytics and (or) Face recognition task, and these tasks will now work simultaneously until you turn them off manually, or for example do not restart the PC, but then when motion detection is triggered, they will turn on again and work at the same time. I can’t say by system loading, even before that I had a constant CPU load of 98-99%, but I have a lot of applications running: Photos (with face recognition for albums), various applications for replication and backups, Synology Drive, servers Emby and Plex, there is a constant indexing of files. But at the same time, the system works responsively and quickly, and everything works shorter in Surveillance station (including face detection and Deep AI). At the same time, I have an ASRock J4125-ITX motherboard with passive processor cooling. There is one 140mm HDD cooling fan installed on the PC case (1 SSD, 1 HDD 3.5" and 2 HDD 2.5" are installed in total). On the DSM control panel, the system temperature is listed as "normal".

Edited by sandro_66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It would be cool if it was possible to see AI tasks and recognized faces tabs in the DS Cam mobile app, but, as I understand it, it is necessary to activate push notifications in DSM, which cannot be done without an existing and not generated serial key. The second option is to send photos of AI events or face detection by e-mail (I set up a bot for Telegram), but I would like to send not photos, but a video clip of one or another event. I don't know how to make Surveillance station send such videos.

39 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

It would be cool if it was possible to see AI tasks and recognized faces tabs in the DS Cam mobile app, but, as I understand it, it is necessary to activate push notifications in DSM, which cannot be done without an existing and not generated serial key. The second option is to send photos of AI events or face detection by e-mail (I set up a bot for Telegram), but I would like to send not photos, but a video clip of one or another event. I don't know how to make Surveillance station send such videos.

Push events tutorial (QuickConnect with or without real SN/Mac)

For pushes I use cheap Synology Box ds214, any will work where quickconnect works with real sn and mac, I use it as local host server and xpenology as recording server then connect it via CMS in SS, but then its same problem as we discussed eariler, about official synology feature request, you have always choose Recording Server manually for viewing recordings from cameras on it (see screenshots) basically you have to make 5 extra clicks but it works. Live View works normally and doesnt matter where cameras located but recordings only manually. So basically you will login to real Synology DSM in DSCam and get nice pushes with pictures

Alternative (without real sn or mac without retail DSM box) : same thing you can do by creating Virtual DSM in VMM, it has QuickConnect as well, Local Host server in this case needs to have minimal resources. 

P.S. if you go with Virtual DSM there no licenses in it, so if you want connect dva recording server to virtual you will still see only 8 lics, while to any other dsm it will combine them, just make sure Local Host has more limit of cameras than recording server and local host combined or it will give error in SS and DSM, you can alternatively change limit in synoconfig to change limit of max cams. And you can connect as many recording servers as you want following that rule. And as far as I understand this way you will connect from anywhere in the world even if your recording server has no quickconnect or gray ip address without forwarding ports. The only requirement is same version of SS on all servers)

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-00-11-197_com.synology.DScam.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-00-15-600_com.synology.DScam.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-00-23-354_com.synology.DScam.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-00-30-139_com.synology.DScam.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-07-18-00-58-474_com.synology.DScam.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

For pushes I use cheap Synology Box ds214, any will work where quickconnect works with real sn and mac, I use it as local host server and xpenology as recording server then connect it via CMS in SS, but then its same problem as we discussed eariler, about official synology feature request, you have always choose Recording Server manually for viewing recordings from cameras on it. Live View works normally and doesnt matter where cameras located but recordings only manually. So basically you will login to real Synology DSM in DSCam and get nice pushes with pictures, same thing you can do by creating DSM Virtual in VMM, it has QuickConnect as well, Local Host server in this case needs to have minimal resources. 

P.S. if you go with Virtual DSM there no licenses in it, so if you want connect dva recording server to virtual you will still see only 8 lics, while to any other dsm it will combine them, just make sure Local Host has more limit of cameras than recording server and local host combined. And you can connect as many recording servers as you want following that rule. And as far as I understand this way you will connect from anywhere in the world even if your recording server has no quickconnect or gray ip address without forwarding ports. The only requirement is same version of SS on all servers)

Wow! It's very cool that virtual dsm can have its own Quickconnect! Thanks a lot for the tip! That is, on my J4125 DVA1622 assembly, you can create a virtual DSM with only Surveillance station installed in it and define it as the main one in the CMS, and the J4125 and J4205 servers themselves as recording servers. Thus virtual DMS to use only purely under Quickconnect? But again, the action rules for running more AI tasks in the virtual DSM cannot be done, since there is a glitch resetting the selection of the recording server to the local server in specifying the action parameters in deep video analytics or face recognition. If Synology fixes this and does not close the hole I found in bypassing the limits on the number of AI tasks, this can be implemented. The only option for me now is to look for an existing serial number from DVA1622 and it probably cannot be found or bought anywhere at an adequate price.

26 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Wow! It's very cool that virtual dsm can have its own Quickconnect! Thanks a lot for the tip! That is, on my J4125 DVA1622 assembly, you can create a virtual DSM with only Surveillance station installed in it and define it as the main one in the CMS, and the J4125 and J4205 servers themselves as recording servers. Thus virtual DMS to use only purely under Quickconnect? But again, the action rules for running more AI tasks in the virtual DSM cannot be done, since there is a glitch resetting the selection of the recording server to the local server in specifying the action parameters in deep video analytics or face recognition. If Synology fixes this and does not close the hole I found in bypassing the limits on the number of AI tasks, this can be implemented. The only option for me now is to look for an existing serial number from DVA1622 and it probably cannot be found or bought anywhere at an adequate price.

Correct, 

1. Virtual DSM has its own QuickConnect and ddns, you can legally add it as New Device to your account.synology.com

2. Virtual DSM needs to be as Local Host server in CMS while dva as Recording Server

3. Action rule problem will remain because default server is always Local Host (not all, not recording) which is silly, it would be better if you could choose All servers or specific (until Synology will fix it, or someone will come up with reverse engineering solution in root)

4. Yes, Virtual DSM used only for Cloud QuickConnect for Push Notifications in DSCam just install SS of the same version as dva on it. (And in DSCam you will need to connect to VirtualDSM using ip, ddns or quickconnect, no need to reconnect to dva server each time)

5. Good luck with finding real sn and mac for dva1622, even bloggers keep it secret, no live review with actual thing and its illegal ) thats why I posted a legal way of doing this, yes I know its not ideal but it works.

Edited by dimakv2014

39 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Alternatively, I can try to cheat a little - run a virtual DSM inside J4125, connect the J4125 and J4205 servers themselves to the CMS as recording servers (so that there are 16 licenses), and virtual dsm as a host, then migrate all the cameras with J4125 and J4205 in virtual dsm, and thus it will be possible to apply action rules in virtual dsm, since AI tasks from all cameras will already be on the local server.

26 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Alternatively, I can try to cheat a little - run a virtual DSM inside J4125, connect the J4125 and J4205 servers themselves to the CMS as recording servers (so that there are 16 licenses), and virtual dsm as a host, then migrate all the cameras with J4125 and J4205 in virtual dsm, and thus it will be possible to apply action rules in virtual dsm, since AI tasks from all cameras will already be on the local server.

I dont think its possible, but you can try, last time when I tried doing like this, it gave me error message that for dva AI functions camera must locate on dva server, but give it a try maybe it will work) because I haven't tried this trick with action rules

Edited by dimakv2014

Okay, thanks friend! I'll try. Is it possible to set multiple volumes for storing records in a surveillance station? For example, for one camera to store recordings on one hard drive (for example, in a folder called surveillance 1), and another camera on another drive (for example, in a folder called surveillance 2). For some reason, when editing a camera, only the default location for storing records is available, which is set when installing the surveillance station package.

And yet, for some reason, in the Virtual machine manager wizard, when choosing volumes for VMM, an error occurs with a message that it is impossible to create a cluster. In the forum I read a recommendation to try reinstalling the VMM package, but this did not help me.

Edited by sandro_66

1 час назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Okay, thanks friend! I'll try. Is it possible to set multiple volumes for storing records in a surveillance station? For example, for one camera to store recordings on one hard drive (for example, in a folder called surveillance 1), and another camera on another drive (for example, in a folder called surveillance 2). For some reason, when editing a camera, only the default location for storing records is available, which is set when installing the surveillance station package.

And yet, for some reason, in the Virtual machine manager wizard, when choosing volumes for VMM, an error occurs with a message that it is impossible to create a cluster. In the forum I read a recommendation to try reinstalling the VMM package, but this did not help me.

If on the same server then yes, if you want use volume from other server then no.

As for error, go to VMM on left choose Cluster, delete everything there it looks like you already did something, created vm before and forgot to clean files, then close VMM, open it again, wizard will start again and will give you different error that you have problem with storage (see screen) go to Storage on the left tab, add storage, on next window click Clean Up, it will ask for password, enter password click Ok, then you should be good to go. Then go to Create VM, choose Virtual DSM, it will tell you that no images found, choose download image from synology, once its downloaded just proceed as normal cpu cores, memory, storage space etc. I could do step by step with screens but its too much screens )))

IMG_20220807_214640.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Thanks 1

50 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

If on the same server then yes, if you want use volume from other server then no.

As for error, go to VMM on left choose Cluster, delete everything there it looks like you already did something, created vm before and forgot to clean files, then close VMM, open it again, wizard will start again and will give you different error that you have problem with storage (see screen) go to Storage on the left tab, add storage, on next window click Clean Up, it will ask for password, enter password click Ok, then you should be good to go. Then go to Create VM, choose Virtual DSM, it will tell you that no images found, choose download image from synology, once its downloaded just proceed as normal cpu cores, memory, storage space etc. I could do step by step with screens but its too much screens )))

IMG_20220807_214640.jpg

In VMM, it is not possible to select something from the left side menu when the initial setup wizard is running, and when you close the wizard itself, VMM also closes.  But I have never used VMM before. 

Edited by sandro_66

30 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

In VMM, it is not possible to select something from the left side menu when the initial setup wizard is running, and when you close the wizard itself, VMM also closes.  But I have never used VMM before. 

Just close wizard and go select ) hold on, I ll try to make video from screen, not sure if I can attach it here, but it would be easier to show how to fix this.

It doesnt show error with cluster anymore for me, but it should be like this:

1. You open VMM there is welcome wizard, you click X to close it

2. On Left first you choose Cluster, delete cluster (it will ask for password)

3. Go to Storage, Add storage, click Start, choose Volume, change settings as needed and click Done

4.then on next window will be 3 buttons Clean up, Cancel and Import, click Clean Up, it will ask password, enter it and Done.

5. Now you can go to Virtual Machines on left menu and create VM

Edited by dimakv2014

Только что, sandro_66 сказал:

I tried to do this, but as I click on the cross at the master (I close it), the VMM application immediately closes. Then I try to open it again and the master comes out again.

Ok, but what happens when you follow wizard, you get error, click finish and VMM closes right? Then when you reopen VMM wizard starts again or not? If yes can you close it without closing VMM second time?

15 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Ok, but what happens when you follow wizard, you get error, click finish and VMM closes right? Then when you reopen VMM wizard starts again or not? If yes can you close it without closing VMM second time?

Yes, an error occurs that it is not possible to create a cluster, I click the wizard's cross, both the wizard and the VMM application close.  I start VMM again and the wizard comes out again.  If I close the wizard immediately, the VMM application closes at the same time

3 минуты назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Yes, an error occurs that it is not possible to create a cluster, I click the wizard's cross, both the wizard and the VMM application close.  I start VMM again and the wizard comes out again.  If I close the wizard immediately, the VMM application closes at the same time

Try 1. Restart dsm and see if this happens again if not 2. uninstall vmm and restart dsm and see again, its kind of strange thing, I use mobile browser, maybe it didnt close because of different browser, just guessing

5 минут назад, sandro_66 сказал:

Do you use VMM on Xoenology or on a real machine?  If on Xpenology, what bootloader are you using?  I am using arpl 0.3a5

On xpenology j4125 minipc Redpill v0.9.0.2 in the first post by pocopico

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/develop/tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2.img.gz?raw=true

DsM 7.1 with Update 

Edited by dimakv2014

Hey guys i think i found a small bug in SS package. So whenever i am looking at cam feed (best seen in BW video) If the cam is part of grid 4x4 it shows right colors. However if i click on it to display single cam view image becomes a bit pinkish/purplish. If i hoover over the image to make buttons bar appear on the bottom color becomes correct again.  Look at the example below same cam same time, only difference one is 1 cam pers screen other is 4 cams per screen. 

image.thumb.png.2787540424c578749b74f5a3ca0c795f.pngvsimage.thumb.png.2eaee8cd858e09f812a999dd3ffb105f.png

Edited by dimammx

8 часов назад, dimammx сказал:

Hey guys i think i found a small bug in SS package. So whenever i am looking at cam feed (best seen in BW video) If the cam is part of grid 4x4 it shows right colors. However if i click on it to display single cam view image becomes a bit pinkish/purplish. If i hoover over the image to make buttons bar appear on the bottom color becomes correct again.  Look at the example below same cam same time, only difference one is 1 cam pers screen other is 4 cams per screen. 

image.thumb.png.2787540424c578749b74f5a3ca0c795f.pngvsimage.thumb.png.2eaee8cd858e09f812a999dd3ffb105f.png

I think you should write in synology tech support if it bothers you, I dont think its big bug they could have missed it, can easily be fixed with contrast/brightness etc settings in web interface of cam

On 8/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, SixthTangerine said:

can anyone enable speaker or microphone on this dva1622? I plugged in headphone to the mainboard but there is no beeping alert sound.

Hmm i connected headphones but no sound coming out (cam that does have sound when viewed from other device) 

HDMI might have sound output but I don't have a monitor or TV to test if HDMI outputs sound. Real DVA1622 does not have phone jack so if it is capable of outputting sound for local monitoring it has to be trough HDMI.