XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

1 час назад, Captainfingerbang сказал:

longtime all-baremetal Xpen guy here but just hearing about these nvrs when using ARPL yesterday.

Since I have a very fat head it takes a while for things to sink in..

I'm trying to wrap my head around this though..

So now instead of using my two licenses on my 918 I can dedicate eight licenses to its own machine FOR TESTING ONLY, get AI and much more,by simply using ARPL's simple automated USB drive?

Is there alot of command line and ssh involved?

Do the eight licenses just stay on the NVR,like for years?

Is Synology trying to real me in to purchase cloud storage?

Can I manage, say,the dva1622 from my 918+ 95% of the time?

I read through this thread but after a 12 hr shift one can only read so much during my decompression period ya know?

is I3-8100 8gb ddr4 2400 and uhd 630 + 4x 2tb sata ssds in shr sufficient?

I have cheap but great reolink cameras 

Thats the plan ) you got it right, moreover all Loaders with commands one TCRP or automated with UI ARPL are growing in a way that you will even get latest DSM updates same way as you would have on retail synology box. 

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, pocopico said:

I could not compile the 

Thank you, I'm able to build now

Question for the HP Microserver Gen8 folks... Is anyone able to make this work on baremetal? Reading this thread, there's been questions around CPU or graphics compatibility.

I was able to install dva1622 as a VM on my Gen8 running ESXi7 on first try. However, I would rather run tcrp off USB (ie. baremetal) rather than running ESXi off USB and then having datastore for the VM. Trying dva1622 (both 7.1.1 and 7.1.0), I'm able to build, but I'm not able to install the pat file, getting "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted."

I suspect it's not CPU. Gen8 running xeon (E3-1220L v2), which doesn't use intel graphics but the matrox? I use tcrp bringfriend, and I see intel_iommu=igfx_off - does that mean anything?

thanks

37 минут назад, mxmx сказал:

Thank you, I'm able to build now

Question for the HP Microserver Gen8 folks... Is anyone able to make this work on baremetal? Reading this thread, there's been questions around CPU or graphics compatibility.

I was able to install dva1622 as a VM on my Gen8 running ESXi7 on first try. However, I would rather run tcrp off USB (ie. baremetal) rather than running ESXi off USB and then having datastore for the VM. Trying dva1622 (both 7.1.1 and 7.1.0), I'm able to build, but I'm not able to install the pat file, getting "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted."

I suspect it's not CPU. Gen8 running xeon (E3-1220L v2), which doesn't use intel graphics but the matrox? I use tcrp bringfriend, and I see intel_iommu=igfx_off - does that mean anything?

thanks

Dva1622 works fine on that gen cpu without DVA functions, both baremetal and vm through esxi, tested on my e5-2660-v2 with no gpu, you have to enable in bios VT-d and VT-x, also check your sata settings in userconfig. Make sure you use SATA, not SCSI not IDE. Also in ESXI in settings of VM enable all flags such as iommu and other features of cpu

"igfx_off" parameter allows the GPU to access the physical memory directly without going through the DMAR

The purpose of the DMAR feature is to enable things like direct assignment of hardware to virtualized guests. If you have to use the "igfx_off" parameter then you probably won't be able to use this GPU in such a direct-assigned virtualization scenario.

Edited by dimakv2014

4 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Dva1622 works fine on that gen cpu without DVA functions, both baremetal and vm through esxi, tested on my e5-2660-v2 with no gpu, you have to enable in bios VT-d and VT-x, also check your sata settings in userconfig. Make sure you use SATA, not SCSI not IDE. Also in ESXI in settings of VM enable all flags such as iommu and other features of cpu

"igfx_off" parameter allows the GPU to access the physical memory directly without going through the DMAR

The purpose of the DMAR feature is to enable things like direct assignment of hardware to virtualized guests. If you have to use the "igfx_off" parameter then you probably won't be able to use this GPU in such a direct-assigned virtualization scenario.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm able to get DVA1622 installed as a VM in ESXi. I'm aware it's without the DVA functions as I'm just interested in the extra cameras.

However, trying to setup on baremetal, I'm getting "The file is probably corrupted" using TCRP 0.9.2.9 with both 7.1.0 and 7.1.1. I've tried 2 different USB sticks and same "corrupted" error.

I just used the same USB stick that had corrupted error and did a build with ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962, and was able to install pat file without the "corrupted" error.

Any other suggestions? @dimakv2014 Did you use TCRP or ARPL?

Thanks

43 минуты назад, mxmx сказал:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm able to get DVA1622 installed as a VM in ESXi. I'm aware it's without the DVA functions as I'm just interested in the extra cameras.

However, trying to setup on baremetal, I'm getting "The file is probably corrupted" using TCRP 0.9.2.9 with both 7.1.0 and 7.1.1. I've tried 2 different USB sticks and same "corrupted" error.

I just used the same USB stick that had corrupted error and did a build with ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962, and was able to install pat file without the "corrupted" error.

Any other suggestions? @dimakv2014 Did you use TCRP or ARPL?

Thanks

Used TCRP and ARPL on baremetal, on VM (esxi 7 u3) used only TCRP 0.9.2.6

Sorry, I probably misread. dimakv2014 has it working on his Ivy Bridge CPU to show it doesn't require Haswell, but I read closer and he doesn't have a Microserver Gen8. And re-reading this thread, I don't think anyone confirmed it's working on a Gen8.

I suspect if I want to run DVA1622 on a Gen8, I'll have to run it as a VM, or find a suitable gpu for a Gen8 which I'm less inclined to do.

image.thumb.png.5a8a1113a780e11afe6dc87b805ccaa5.png

Running on HP Gen8 Proxmox VE virtual machine.

As long as it works under Proxmox, I guess it should work as baremetal too.

From my knowledge, no matter what, you won't be able to have AI working on a Gen8, as there is no iGPU compatible with this socket.

The loader will work, but you won't have any advanced AI features.

Edit : I bet you have a SataPortMap/DiskIdxMap configuration issue on your baremetal.
You will have to check bios and/or how sata is handled as baremetal.

Serial log output would be helpful.

Edited by Orphée

10 часов назад, Orphée сказал:

From my knowledge, no matter what, you won't be able to have AI working on a Gen8, as there is no iGPU compatible with this socket.

Edit : I bet you have a SataPortMap/DiskIdxMap configuration issue on your baremetal.

Have you tried adding flags or emulate haswell or higher cpu gen with this new version of Proxmox to run DVA3221? As far as I understand it includes QEMU, this way it could be possible to use nvidia gpu at least for AI

12 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Have you tried adding flags or emulate haswell or higher cpu gen with this new version of Proxmox to run DVA3221? As far as I understand it includes QEMU, this way it could be possible to use nvidia gpu at least for AI

Setting CPU to "Haswell" : "start failed"

Setting it to "qemu64" with added CPU flags 'qemu64,+ssse3,+sse4.1,+sse4.2,+x2apic,+fma3' : "start failed"

Settings it back to "default (kvm64) : Start OK

Nov 15 09:47:13 pve-gen8 pvedaemon[292631]: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1
Nov 15 09:47:13 pve-gen8 pvedaemon[2322]: <root@pam> end task UPID:pve::qmstart:105:root@pam: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

No matter what, I don't think you can fake fma3 instructions when host can't run it.

• Like 1

В 15.11.2022 в 10:49, Orphée сказал:

Setting CPU to "Haswell" : "start failed"

Setting it to "qemu64" with added CPU flags 'qemu64,+ssse3,+sse4.1,+sse4.2,+x2apic,+fma3' : "start failed"

Settings it back to "default (kvm64) : Start OK

Nov 15 09:47:13 pve-gen8 pvedaemon[292631]: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1
Nov 15 09:47:13 pve-gen8 pvedaemon[2322]: <root@pam> end task UPID:pve::qmstart:105:root@pam: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

No matter what, I don't think you can fake fma3 instructions when host can't run it.

Have you tried it like this? 

args: -cpu kvm64, +ssse3,+sse4.1,+sse4.2,+x2apic,+fma3

?

On 11/14/2022 at 1:38 AM, Orphée said:

Thank you @Orphée

Yes, I know I won't have AI. I'm not looking for that.

To clarify, chronologically, here's how I've been using TCRP for quite some time, and only trying DVA1622 recently:

Gen8, DS3622xs+ running on baremetal = successful

Gen8, DS3622xs+ running as ESXi VM = successful

Gen8, DVA1622 running as ESXi VM = successful

Gen8, DVA1622 running on baremetal = unsuccessful (corrupt when installing pat)

Using same hardware/bios/tcrp version and building with ds3622xsp instead of dva1622, and the pat installs successfully (no corruption message).

My suspicion is the lack of iGPU in baremetal, whereas emulated video with ESXi is enough for dva1622?

Thank you @Orphée

To clarify, chronologically, here's how I've been using TCRP for quite some time, and only trying DVA1622 recently:

Using same hardware/bios/tcrp version and building with ds3622xsp instead of dva1622, and the pat installs successfully (no corruption message).

My suspicion is the lack of iGPU in baremetal, whereas emulated video with ESXi is enough for dva1622?

Xeon 1265L v2 or 1260L has igpu.

10 часов назад, mxmx сказал:

Thank you @Orphée

As for baremetal on dva1622 if it was not supported you would unsuccessful in vm and it would not find in finds.synology.com at all, corrupted file may be due to wrong SATA settings in UserConfig. DVA1622 was successful for me baremetal and vm even on E5-2660v2 and it doesnt have igpu unlike your cpu which has Intel HD2500. So check sata settings maybe something in bios needs to be configured.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dudes,

Today I was make some really Funky Idiotic install of DVA1622 on Mac mini Server - the server was with Core 2 Duo P8800 processor, but the amazing thing was that Until now I was unable to use Old Apple Computers for this kind of installation - And so - This server work a quite Quick, and yes 8 licenses of Surveillance station work perfect without AI, but for Apple and computer from 2010 is awesome that is worked 😅😅😅

Edited by Agisofttm
  • Like 1

Hi, i want use my old NUC 7i7 for Xpenology, but i have just 1 SATA and 1 m.2 port.....

So im buy M.2 to 5 SATA on JMB585 but the system didnt recognize any HDD that im connect to it :(
I also have HDD case Orico 9558U3 for 5 SATA with JMB 394 but i cant recognize more than 1 HDD in that case.

What im doing wrong ? How can i start it for work ?

On 11/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, dimakv2014 said:

It works but emulating is super slow in my experience.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 8:41 AM, dimakv2014 said:

As for baremetal on dva1622 if it was not supported you would unsuccessful in vm and it would not find in finds.synology.com at all, corrupted file may be due to wrong SATA settings in UserConfig. DVA1622 was successful for me baremetal and vm even on E5-2660v2 and it doesnt have igpu unlike your cpu which has Intel HD2500. So check sata settings maybe something in bios needs to be configured.

Tried few more times and I couldn't get past the corrupted file error with TCRP.

Tried ARPL and I have DVA1622 working with Gen8 on baremetal now.

Just wanna report down here too as my Odroid H2+ working properly as baremetal after bunch of trials and errors.

I would believe enabling eMMC would be the cause of fail boot after installations.

Here's my specs:

Odroid H2+
8GB RAM (2133Mhz+2400Mhz pull from other Synology NASes)

Seagate 1TB HDD (Tried WD Black but fail to run due to power issue)

Did someone get bootable VMDK file for eSXI VMWare? I set up VM with the appropr. parameters:

BOIS: EFI

CPU 4 cores
8G Ram (2G min)
Network:  VMXNET3 MAC Manual
SATA Controller 0
SATA Controller 1
Video card (Default)
Sound card (HD audio)
ADD LATER PCI device (GPU passthrough)  

Add Existing HDD (tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.vmdk file converted above from .img file) SATA 0:0
Add New HDD 32G (your choice) SATA 1:0

but unfortunately, I doesn't boot

Edited by asdbya

1 минуту назад, asdbya сказал:

Did someone get bootable VMDK file for eSXI VMWare? I set up VM with the appropr. parameters:

BOIS: EFI

CPU 4 cores
8G Ram (2G min)
Network:  VMXNET3 MAC Manual
SATA Controller 0
SATA Controller 1
Video card (Default)
Sound card (HD audio)
ADD LATER PCI device (GPU passthrough)  

Add Existing HDD (tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.vmdk file converted above from .img file) SATA 0:0
Add New HDD 32G (your choice) SATA 1:0

but unfortunately, I doesn't boot

Works fine with 0.9.3 .vmdk, try E1000E instead of VMXNET3, without soundcard 

3 minutes ago, asdbya said:

While I was still using TCRP (I switched fo ARPL) I had to use V2V converter to convert vmdk file to FLAT esxi VMDK.

image.png.e451b929ebdc01955b2b513f034055a9.png

It generates 2 files, you put the 2 files in your datastore.

I had to do it, don't know if it is still the case currently.