XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

Hi folks, 

Today a friend bring me this MiniPC https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-HeroBox-Pro/specs.html , which seems to be perfect for DVA1622, but the surprice that I found is that the network card is Intel I225-V, which use igc drivers. I tried both TCRP and ARPL boot loaders. TCRP doesn't even see this card on boot and ARPL see the card, but after building and loading DSM kernel it doesn't work. I read a lot everywere for this specific card, and found that is not working, because is not back ported to kernel 4.4. Is there any way to build a bootloader with USB Network Adapter instead? 

Thank's in advance 

Edited by Agisofttm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Agisofttm said:

Hi folks, 

Today a friend bring me this MiniPC https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-HeroBox-Pro/specs.html , which seems to be perfect for DVA1622, but the surprice that I found is that the network card is Intel I225-V, which use igc drivers. I tried both TCRP and ARPL boot loaders. TCRP doesn't even see this card on boot and ARPL see the card, but after building and loading DSM kernel it doesn't work. I read a lot everywere for this specific card, and found that is not working, because is not back ported to kernel 4.4. Is there any way to build a bootloader with USB Network Adapter instead? 

Thank's in advance 

@SixthTangerine on this exact thread has the exact same PC and used a USB to ethernet adapter. I've tested myself the ax88179_178a usb to 10/100/1000 ethernet and works on most models. Its a perfect solution for laptops or small form factor PCs like yours.

Edited by pocopico

37 minutes ago, pocopico said:

@SixthTangerine on this exact thread has the exact same PC and used a USB to ethernet adapter. I've tested myself the ax88179_178a usb to 10/100/1000 ethernet and works on most models. Its a perfect solution for laptops or small form factor PCs like yours.

@pocopico Thanks - I'm starting immediately 😃

On 10/3/2022 at 1:01 PM, hoangduy1505 said:

I tested with my fake nas 4 bays, it run i5-4210U with iGPU Intel® HD Graphics 4400.

It ready to add 8 cam but it can not to run face recognition, I think my old iGPU not support this funtion

image.thumb.png.49b4de56bec3c3265f8804fff54174bb.png

AI work only from 6th intel generation.

• 2 weeks later...
3 часа назад, marcuswrk сказал:

Hi, I was able to start DVA1622 on baremetal i5 6th gen Ai is working great.

I just realized that there is task limit for AI to 2 so if you start face recognition you can't do anything else. Is there is any method to bypass AI task limit?

Yes its possible using Scheduler, its on this Topic search for sandro_66 post  there is lifehack for that.  

sandro_66 is a user name

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Yes its possible using Scheduler, its on this Topic search for sandro_66 post  there is lifehack for that.  

sandro_66 is a user name

thank you very much I will try it.

I also have another question I own a serial for DVA3221 can I calculate mac address?

5 hours ago, WowaDriver said:

Hi@all, I successfully installed a DVA1622 VM on unraid with the use of the arpl loader by @fbelavenuto. I use for tests a virtual disc and try to passthrough my LSI 9211-8i (Dell H310 HBA) in IT mode with 8 HDD's on it. Problem I got is, only the virtual disc is visible. What I have to do to get my other 8 hdd's?

DVA1622 is a Device-Tree-based model on the GeminiLake platform like DS920+,

and HBA cannot be used. Baremetal is not possible at all, even if you set it to pass-through in the VM.
@fbelavenuto has already mentioned the disabling of HBAs in the DTC model.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

Hey guys have a strange issue. Have DVA1622 loader running perfectly fine on 2 machines (8 licenses and ai works).  Just installed the same loader with the same commands with the same pat file on the 3rd one, and yet AI is not allowing to add the task.

3rd computer has exact same hardware, it is the same model and components as other 2. 

Any ideas on how to diagnose? 

image.png.1a27c175eba74870cc9defc4bbb87d84.png

On 10/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, hoangduy1505 said:

I tested with my fake nas 4 bays, it run i5-4210U with iGPU Intel® HD Graphics 4400.

It ready to add 8 cam but it can not to run face recognition, I think my old iGPU not support this funtion

image.thumb.png.49b4de56bec3c3265f8804fff54174bb.png

It work fine about 1 month, now surveillance station error and can not repair or uninstall.

image.thumb.png.7a8ce328f4f45033e5d2ebd3ad781997.png

image.thumb.png.c824b8cf5440614bee83960580b3c110.png

52 минуты назад, hoangduy1505 сказал:

It work fine about 1 month, now surveillance station error and can not repair or uninstall.

image.thumb.png.7a8ce328f4f45033e5d2ebd3ad781997.png

image.thumb.png.c824b8cf5440614bee83960580b3c110.png

You can try remove SS manually through SSH:

1. Enable SSH in DSM

2. install Winscp and then open Putty and login to diskstation with admin as the username (pw is the same as admin)

3.switch to root by running command

sudo -i and enter admin pass one more time

4.Navigate to /volume1/@appstore then delete the application you want to remove.

5. Navigate to /var/packages see if there is a folder named the same as your app and remove it

6. Navigate to /usr/local see if there is a folder named the same as your app and remove it

7. Reboot dsm and try to install SS again.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:47 PM, dimakv2014 said:

You can try remove SS manually through SSH:

1. Enable SSH in DSM

2. install Winscp and then open Putty and login to diskstation with admin as the username (pw is the same as admin)

3.switch to root by running command

sudo -i and enter admin pass one more time

4.Navigate to /volume1/@appstore then delete the application you want to remove.

5. Navigate to /var/packages see if there is a folder named the same as your app and remove it

6. Navigate to /usr/local see if there is a folder named the same as your app and remove it

7. Reboot dsm and try to install SS again.

Thank you, I reinstall DSM and it work.

longtime all-baremetal Xpen guy here but just hearing about these nvrs when using ARPL yesterday.

Since I have a very fat head it takes a while for things to sink in..

I'm trying to wrap my head around this though..

So now instead of using my two licenses on my 918 I can dedicate eight licenses to its own machine FOR TESTING ONLY, get AI and much more,by simply using ARPL's simple automated USB drive?

Is there alot of command line and ssh involved?

Do the eight licenses just stay on the NVR,like for years?

Is Synology trying to real me in to purchase cloud storage?

Can I manage, say,the dva1622 from my 918+ 95% of the time?

I read through this thread but after a 12 hr shift one can only read so much during my decompression period ya know?

is I3-8100 8gb ddr4 2400 and uhd 630 + 4x 2tb sata ssds in shr sufficient?

I have cheap but great reolink cameras 

Edited by Captainfingerbang