XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

On 8/26/2022 at 11:14 AM, Deninyk said:

Hi, this error is because the built-in graphics are not supported. I have HD Graphics 530 and it works. Below if graphics, this error will pop up. You need a j4000+ or intel CPU with HD Graphics 530 or higher (i5 6400+)

so if the cpu doensn't have graphic cores, there are not ai features?

On 8/26/2022 at 4:53 PM, medric said:

@Peter Suh I am still working on My build. All 8 of my drives died HGST 10TB circa 2018 Not sure how but the will not power on at all. I am going to take the L shrug it off and Rebuild.. 🧯🔥

Thats strange and never saw 8 drives dying simultaneously. Could be the power supply.

Hello,

I'm little puzzled and looking for a hint from community.

I have 2 Intel NUCs of different generations. Tried both automatic redpill and tinycore.

1) based on i3-7100u CPU. Installed 1622 baremetal, everything (AI tasks) works fine, no issues. Decided to install through proxmox to not waste entire NUC for a single task, specified host CPU, and PCI passthrough for GPU (HD 620). Result – AI processes constantly crash and tasks do not work. One small detail if it matters – when enabling Local Screen, or right before shut down, attached monitor goes garbage. All other time I see Syno 1622 logo.

2) I pulled HDD from this NUC and installed it as-is (proxmox setup) into 8-gen with i3-8109U CPU (HD 655 gpu). Booted without making any changes, and boom, everything works! So at this point i'm certain that I followed all steps for setting up passthrough in proxmox according to instructions and it works.

I have no idea why 1622 works on baremetal, doesn't work in proxmox, but works in proxmox on a next-gen CPU. Logic says to me that it should work in the first case, but it doesn't. I'm out of clues on where to look or what else to try, any suggestions?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dvuv said:

Hello,

I have 2 Intel NUCs of different generations. Tried both automatic redpill and tinycore.

1) based on i3-7100u CPU. Installed 1622 baremetal, everything (AI tasks) works fine, no issues. Decided to install through proxmox to not waste entire NUC for a single task, specified host CPU, and PCI passthrough for GPU (HD 620). Result – AI processes constantly crash and tasks do not work. One small detail if it matters – when enabling Local Screen, or right before shut down, attached monitor goes garbage. All other time I see Syno 1622 logo.

2) I pulled HDD from this NUC and installed it as-is (proxmox setup) into 8-gen with i3-8109U CPU (HD 655 gpu). Booted without making any changes, and boom, everything works! So at this point i'm certain that I followed all steps for setting up passthrough in proxmox according to instructions and it works.

I have no idea why 1622 works on baremetal, doesn't work in proxmox, but works in proxmox on a next-gen CPU. Logic says to me that it should work in the first case, but it doesn't. I'm out of clues on where to look or what else to try, any suggestions?

do a bios settings check, upgrade if available, reset to default settings and try again 

36 минут назад, pocopico сказал:

do a bios settings check, upgrade if available, reset to default settings and try again 

Thanks for your response. What i need to be looking at in the bios (of the host pc?) that affects proxmox setup? Bios is the latest and default (never changed)

On 8/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, dimakv2014 said:

You dont need ip camera to test face rec or dva, you can upload .mp4 video file with people or vehicles and simulate ip camera

IMG_20220824_214248.jpg

I test it with Intel G2030 on baremetal. Need to active transcoding or some codecs like AME? I can´t detect persons and vehicules.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-31 003707.jpg

Edited by apriliars3

52 минуты назад, apriliars3 сказал:

I test it with Intel G2030 on baremetal. Need to active transcoding or some codecs like AME? I can´t detect persons and vehicules.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-31 003707.jpg

You said you had a j3455, you should try it on this one. No AME needed. 

G2030 is Ivy bridge and doesnt support AI.

9 hours ago, dvuv said:

Thanks for your response. What i need to be looking at in the bios (of the host pc?) that affects proxmox setup? Bios is the latest and default (never changed)

Clearly passthrough is not working properly. You can use the  i3-7100u  as a baremetal and use syno VMM to host additional VMs

11 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

You said you had a j3455, you should try it on this one. No AME needed. 

G2030 is Ivy bridge and doesnt support AI.

Well, I try with J3455 on virtual, baremetal haven´t hdd free for testing.

J3455 with VMWare and DVA1622 not works, or I don´t know how use SS with AI. No account, detect people or vehicles, etc.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-31 121558.jpg

Edited by apriliars3

On 8/30/2022 at 9:19 PM, dvuv said:

Hello,

Great to see that you have it working in Proxmox. I had also selected the "host" CPU, but AI also not working. But now I red that I have to use PCI (GPU) passthrough.

I am on a Intel i5 12th gen, so it should work as soon I have the passthrough enabled. (will do that asap)

On thing I noticed that the CPU is fluctuating and I see some spikes sometimes to 15-20%. Also the used RAM is also increasing in time...

Edited by marigo

Hello all and thank you for all of the effort everyone has put into this project.

This is my first time setting up an XPenology system.

I have a VMWare ESXi 7.0u3 system running an E3-1270 v3 Haswell

I am following the steps included on the first page but I get the error Platform not found.  I am guessing I am running the wrong command for my system but with all the research I have done, I am not sure what I should be doing.  Any help in the right direction would be great.  I am also hoping to be able to passthrough the GPU for the AI.

Thank you

I believe I have been able to make some progress.  I am running it with the command 

./rploader.sh /build geminilake-7.1.0-42661

which is giving me a different error but is actually trying to load.  After starting loader creation that is where it starts to go wrong.  I have attached a screenshot of my output. 

Error.jpg

Edited by jeffestewart

2 hours ago, jeffestewart said:

I believe I have been able to make some progress.  I am running it with the command 

./rploader.sh /build geminilake-7.1.0-42661

which is giving me a different error but is actually trying to load.  After starting loader creation that is where it starts to go wrong.  I have attached a screenshot of my output. 

Error.jpg

Yes, you've been caught in the middle of something new. Sorry, i've fixed that, please update and run build again.  

• Like 1

Almost made it.  It boots now and it appears to be detecting the drive I have connected.  I downloaded the latest version of DSM for the dva1622  42661.  It is failing during the install of the .pat file.  Sometimes it gets to 41% (Uploading DSM Installation Pack) or it gets to 55% (Installing DiskStation Manager)

Thank you.

DSM_Fail_55.jpg

10 минут назад, jeffestewart сказал:

Almost made it.  It boots now and it appears to be detecting the drive I have connected.  I downloaded the latest version of DSM for the dva1622  42661.  It is failing during the install of the .pat file.  Sometimes it gets to 41% (Uploading DSM Installation Pack) or it gets to 55% (Installing DiskStation Manager)

Thank you.

DSM_Fail_55.jpg

Did you read forums at all?) Is it so hard?) Just download 7.1-42661 (with Update 1) about 295mb file size, while latest update is 33mb in size, which obviously not enough for full OS install. After that you can do post update to latest version if needed, and yes all information how to do it in this thread.

Edited by dimakv2014

2 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Did you read forums at all?) Is it so hard?) Just download 7.1-42661 (with Update 1) about 295mb file size, while latest update is 33mb in size, which obviously not enough for full OS install. After that you can do post update to latest version if needed, and yes all information how to do it in this thread.

Thank you for the response.  I have been reading the forum.  I have been downloading 7.1-42661 (with Update 1).  Maybe I am downloading the incorrect file.  This is the files I am downloading and it shows as  342.55MB

Synology_DL_SS.jpg

44 минуты назад, jeffestewart сказал:

Thank you for the response.  I have been reading the forum.  I have been downloading 7.1-42661 (with Update 1).  Maybe I am downloading the incorrect file.  This is the files I am downloading and it shows as  342.55MB

Synology_DL_SS.jpg

Yes, this is correct one. 

P.S. If you will run into same error with this .pat file please tell all commands you are using, last time you had / symbol before Build command, maybe you have some other mistakes as well, so we can correct it.

Edited by dimakv2014

5 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Yes, this is correct one. 

P.S. If you will run into same error with this .pat file please tell all commands you are using, last time you had / symbol before Build command, maybe you have some other mistakes as well, so we can correct it.

Thank you

The error you saw above was a typo when writing the post.  Not part of the command I entered. 

Also the above command wasn't working.  When I ran that command it installed as a DS920+

My system is as follows

Xeon E3-1270v3

ESXi 7.0u3

Virtual Machine specs

CPU                4

Memory          6GB

Hard Disk 1     TinyCore RedPill 0.9.0.2 vmdk     (IDE interface)

Hard Disk 2    8TB drive for storage

Commands i ran

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh satamap

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA1622 realmac

./rploader.sh build DVA1622-7.1.0-42661 auto

Pat file I am using was downloaded with the same url found in the ./rploader.sh build DVA1622-7.1.0-42661 auto process

https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/7.1/42661-1/DSM_DVA1622_42661.pat