XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

23 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

I haven't thought that it will be a problem for find this GPU (

What about this one? GeForce-GTX-1650-4GT-LP-OC

According to pic all connectors are on 1st slot, so you can modify frame to a single slot and its gddr5 as well. It would be easier just to update nvidia drivers ) so more gpus in low profile can be added

IMG_20220821_100753.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014

46 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

yep...it looks so. 

Just extra space for FAN ... I have probably have here: (green box)

pic3.JPG

pic1.JPG

Just found pic from review, you are right, cooler fully takes 2 slots, but It could fit, if there will be opening in side panel for it. But at least you dont have to drill or cut from a back side of the case. Well I dont know what else to suggest ) case mod, new case, new gpu drivers on dsm, riser or egpu case are the only options. I wouldnt suggest to look for gtx 1660 even if it works with dva, at least my works, but I didnt hear about 1 slot 1660 yet, and what if it wont work for you... As for pascal gpus its still unclear, some do work others dont. Other turing gpus, same thing, a lot of turing came out after 440.44 drivers.

Edited by dimakv2014

26 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

yes, also the case to think over  :)

"I wouldnt suggest to look for gtx 1660 even" - are there any restrictions regarding memory type?

"I would not" suggest, because if it will not work you will blame me ). As for memory type, I already wrote before that its not the case, since type of memory doesnt intefere with dva functions or codec functions, the only problem that GTX1650 with gddr6 was released after 440.44 drivers and many people couldnt get it to work because of that. So I guess almost all Turing gpus with nvenc will work that are on 440.44 list, regardless of memory type, in theory. 1660 was made in one revision and is included in 440.44 driver thats why it works I guess, but I am the only one who had tested it, noone else comfirmed working other turing gpus that are included in drivers exept gtx1650 gddr5, mostly everyone have pascal gpus (

Edited by dimakv2014

7 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

no worries :))))

If Synology would update driver to new 515.xx, I have cheapest Turing gpu you can buy at the moment Quadro T400 laying around to test ) it would solve all problems, its 30watts, single slot, cheap, same gpu chip as gtx1650, has nvenc, easy to find in stores, so I guess if it would work many will buy right away for dva)

Edited by dimakv2014

3 минуты назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

If Synology would update driver to new 515.xx, I have cheapest Turing gpu you can buy at the moment Quadro T400 laying around to test ) it would solve all problems, its 30watts, single slot, cheap, same gpu chip as gtx1650, has nvenc, easy to find in stores, so I guess if it would work many will buy right away for dva)

so, we just need to wait a little bit :) .... hopefully "a little bit" -> Q T400 is cheap -> no eGPU case is required etc!

1 минуту назад, asdbya сказал:

so, we just need to wait a little bit :) .... hopefully "a little bit" -> Q T400 is cheap -> no eGPU case is required etc!

The good news, while I was SSH in DSM, I found Tensor and RTX folders, meaning that synology have plans for Ampere gpus in future DVA model, so they will have to update drivers in Nvidia Runtime Library .spk.

• Thanks 1

5 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

The good news, while I was SSH in DSM, I found Tensor and RTX folders, meaning that synology have plans for Ampere gpus in future DVA model, so they will have to update drivers in Nvidia Runtime Library .spk.

because I checked the price of xGPU case (Razer Core X etc) + GTX 1660\1650 -> makes no sense for me at the moment. Only if to try "used" devices.

2 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

because I checked the price of xGPU case (Razer Core X etc) + GTX 1660\1650 -> makes no sense for me at the moment. Only if to try "used" devices.

I totally understand you. If we all had unlimited supply of money we wouldnt be on this forum and would buy synology dva products instead of thinking how to get it for cheap

1 час назад, Orphée сказал:

I don't know what cheap means but personally I found for 400€ the complete unit core i5, 8gb ram, 1to disk, gtx1650.
It was an hp branded computer sold on eBay.

An example:
https://www.leboncoin.fr/informatique/2203903059.htm

Mine looks like this one.

Is it cheaper than official dva1622 (650euro without hdd) or dva3221 (2700euro without hdd)? If yes, then you have your answer ;)

P.S. the pc you found on ebay is a very good deal by the way, considering gtx 1650 alone is about 220euro

Edited by dimakv2014

1 час назад, Orphée сказал:
2 часа назад, asdbya сказал:
or ~100eur Msi Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1650 4Gb GDDR6  used one emoji4.png

Gddr6 will not work if I'm not wrong, tests made by some failed.

2 часа назад, asdbya сказал:

or ~100eur Msi Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1650 4Gb GDDR6  used one :)

Orphee is absolutely correct, gddr6 is cheaper but won't work, at least now with current drivers, since current driver in dva3221 is version 440.44, and GTX1650 revision with gddr6 was realeased after this driver if not mistaken 1 year later or so. So in drivers there is a list of gpus, if gpu was not added there it won't be recognized. Plus used gpus is lottery, a lot of crypto miners selling almost dead gpus for cheap. Imagine your gpu works on 100% load, overclocked to maximum, 24/7/365 for 3 or more years, and I dont think that all miners buy high cost Noctua fans to cool the system, plus you don't know in which enviroment it was (maybe whole farm was put into small closet in order to lower a noise with dust and no air). How big are temps on gpu was during that time. Buying used gpus in times of cryptomining is very high risk and unreliable, especially if you try to build high end security/video surveillance system.

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,
My processor does not have an integrated GPU.
I installed an nvidia quadro K600, which I switched to "Passthrough" on my Proxmox VM.
Everything is activated, but I can't get the DVA1622 display directly from this GPU, I assume that's normal, because the DVA1622 works with Intel GPUs, but there wouldn't be a way, because facial recognition does not work.
Thank you for your help !

4 минуты назад, scfrancis сказал:

Good morning all,
My processor does not have an integrated GPU.
I installed an nvidia quadro K600, which I switched to "Passthrough" on my Proxmox VM.
Everything is activated, but I can't get the DVA1622 display directly from this GPU, I assume that's normal, because the DVA1622 works with Intel GPUs, but there wouldn't be a way, because facial recognition does not work.
Thank you for your help !

Try dva3221, its for nvidia gpus, same loader same commands but denverton

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

(To check all builds ./rploader.sh)

Edited by dimakv2014

il y a 2 minutes, dimakv2014 a dit :

Try dva3221, same loader same commands but denverton

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

(To check all builds ./rploader.sh)

Thank you for your answer,
My processor is unfortunately not compatible with DVA3221...

9 минут назад, Orphée сказал:

When you choose Haswell processor type on an incompatible CPU (like mine on Gen8), the VM does not start at all.

When you switch it back to default, the VM starts.

Well if so, I guess he is out of options ( no dva. I have 2 xeons e5-2660v2 I guess its same gen as your hp gen8 has. Soon I ll buy motherboards for them, and will test it as well, hope to find some trick to get them work

Edited by dimakv2014