XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

14 часа назад, scfrancis сказал:

Hello everyone, I have a big problem.
I just reinstalled DSM, in version 7.1, under Proxmox.
Everything works perfectly, for a short day, nothing is installed, so it is, for the moment, completely blank.
Except that a few gigs used, I'm almost 70 gigs without adding anything, and it continues to grow.
Would you have an idea of the problem?

Last time I ever had this problem was caused by a Worm (Virus). I don't suggest you have been hacked or have viruses, could be just bad hdd/ssd 

Edited by dimakv2014

37 минут назад, scfrancis сказал:

Thank you for your reply.
My DSM is virtualized, under Proxmox...

This means that it automatially saves you from bad hdd/ssd or virus/ramsomeware hack in dsm? ) Also it could be wrong settings in proxmox, found similar problem using proxmox (not in dsm though) but not sure if solution was found since I didnt use proxmox, but maybe it will give you a hint, also check if you allocated all space in single file for virtual hard disk forum.proxmox.com/threads/what-is-suddenly-taking-up-so-much-space-on-local.78967/

Edited by dimakv2014

23 минуты назад, scfrancis сказал:

My disk is in RAW, and I just uninstalled the SurveillanceStation package, and I have no more problem.
Well almost, since I mounted a virtual DSM FOR SurveillanceStation...

Thanks a lot for your help !

Glad you solved your problem, but Surveillance Station is not exactly "nothing is installed" :)

В 18.08.2022 в 00:50, dimakv2014 сказал:

Check your camera connection (cable and so on), also check your cable to nas maybe bad connector or damanged cable, change to different cable, use rj45 tester at least, I had same problem with poe splitter and hikvision camera, once I connected it sapperatly via single poe problem was gone, in my case it was faulty poe splitter, also if you connect your dva1622 to a slow network it will have problem because of slow bandwidth (for example cheap cable or powerline adapter 100mbit) cameras as well as recording will be glitchy. Also make sure your ethernet cable is not damaged in between camera and router, if its wifi cam signal maybe low and you will need to bring it closer to a router or use repeater, also it maybe router issue, settings or bad router which disconnects for a short time, also it maybe faulty camera that overheats and shuts itself down. Basicaly it could be anything but I can assure you redpill dva1622 as well as dva3221 works stable with no disconnects about a month now. So its not the loader problem. But to find exacly what can be wrong we need more info on your system, camera brand and model, wired or wireless, class of cable, distance of camera from router/switch (in meters), router/switch model, how many cams currently, has it appeared before, did you make any changes to your network setup, what type of connection you use to connect cam to nas: wifi, poe, direct, remote, vm or baremetal (if vm it could be problem with virtual network adapter, wrong network adapter in .vmx file) and so on. The more details you provide, the faster you will find a solution to your problem.

thank you for her advice. Btw, what is the min required HDD/SDD space for main drive to get Synolgy with SS worked. Looks that I have the same problem as it was descibed bellow.  I have 32Gb main disk and 1Tb extra one for SS videos. My SS is conf. so that it keeps and stores the records at my second drive that is 1Tb (so,shared folder for SS is located there).  After 2 days of usage fresh installation of DVA1622, I got a message than my 32Gb is full, so -> no further real work : SS is not working etc (and have no idea which type of data made it full). I have virtual machine that is installed under VMWare ... does someone met the same issue on Vmware or just 32Gb is not enough as primary drive for my DVA1622?

1 час назад, asdbya сказал:

thank you for her advice. Btw, what is the min required HDD/SDD space for main drive to get Synolgy with SS worked. Looks that I have the same problem as it was descibed bellow.  I have 32Gb main disk and 1Tb extra one for SS videos. My SS is conf. so that it keeps and stores the records at my second drive that is 1Tb (so,shared folder for SS is located there).  After 2 days of usage fresh installation of DVA1622, I got a message than my 32Gb is full, so -> no further real work : SS is not working etc (and have no idea which type of data made it full). I have virtual machine that is installed under VMWare ... does someone met the same issue on Vmware or just 32Gb is not enough as primary drive for my DVA1622?

Do you have cameras on SS?

1 минуту назад, asdbya сказал:

yes. 3 cameras. 

In your case it maybe because of recordings, 1080p camera can take up about 25gbs or more recordings per day if h264 codec, if high quality set or high traffic or if continuous recording is set.

Scfrancis please check Survaillance folder if it takes any space.

18 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

In your case it maybe because of recordings, 1080p camera can take up about 25gbs or more recordings per day if h264 codec, if high quality set or high traffic or if continuous recording is set

even in case when I set the storage location at another volume (i.e. volume2) ? (I have h265+ codec on all cameras)

su1.thumb.JPG.c983182a27f1c118ea063b72125743fe.JPG

2 часа назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Still check size of the folder, you have 3 cams. 

again... do you mean than SS keeps daily records on volume1 (the primary and small one)? because if it stores (also daily) data\movies on volume2 that it makes now sense how big is SS folder.

31 минуту назад, asdbya сказал:

btw...I am trying to get "Deep video analytics" worked on SS at my vm vmware. Does it need some extra virtual devices for it? I just made some tasks for "cars and people determination" but it doesn't work -> no results at all 

You can't passthrought GPU to the vm, so II doesn't work.

38 minutes ago, asdbya said:

btw...I am trying to get "Deep video analytics" worked on SS at my vm vmware. Does it need some extra virtual devices for it? I just made some tasks for "cars and people determination" but it doesn't work -> no results at all 

If your igpu is available for pass through then it might work. I haven’t been able to find time to test that though :-(

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

18 минут назад, Olegin сказал:

You can't passthrought GPU to the vm, so II doesn't work.

yes you can, not all gpus and not all hypervisors but you can. With Vmware ESXi, Unraid, Proxmox, Citrix its possible to do that. Even for intel igpus, not sure about all models but totally possible. Cpu must have VT-d in order to passthrough igpu

Edited by dimakv2014

13 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

I don't have any GPU .... just supermicro MB (X10SDV-* )with VMWare ... is it possible to send up any GPU emulation (if there is such) on ESXI and use it for these purposes?

If you dont have any gpu nor igpu (if you have Xeon cpu without igpu) its not possible and no point of doing it, since you will not have any advantage of emulated gpu even if it was possible. Well at least if we talk about Nvidia and Intel gpus. Cpu and gpu are totally different components and work differently. Its same thing if you take regular Bicycle and try to build doors, roof, etc over it, and ask if its possible to emulate car from a bicycle )) 

Edited by dimakv2014

4 часа назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

If you dont have any gpu nor igpu (if you have Xeon cpu without igpu) its not possible and no point of doing it, since you will not have any advantage of emulated gpu even if it was possible. Well at least if we talk about Nvidia and Intel gpus. Cpu and gpu are totally different components and work differently. Its same thing if you take regular Bicycle and try to build doors, roof, etc over it, and ask if its possible to emulate car from a bicycle )) 

clear explanation :-) thx ... so, the only "recognition activity" that I could get at SS in my case (xeon, server one...pretty sure no iGPU, just internal graphic Aspeed AST2400 BMC) only "movement recognition(s)" ... right?

1 минуту назад, asdbya сказал:

clear explanation :-) thx ... so, the only "recognition activity" that I could get at SS in my case (xeon, server one...pretty sure no iGPU, just internal graphic Aspeed AST2400 BMC) only "movement recognition(s)" ... right?

If by movement you mean regular Motion Recording, then yes, its the only available option currently.