XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

18 hours ago, merve04 said:

For those who have update to latest version of DSM, if the following command correct?

Thanks in advance

./rploader.sh update
sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate geminilake-7.1.0-42661
exitcheck.sh reboot

what is exitcheck.sh ?

Edited by phone guy

On 7/16/2022 at 8:24 AM, majk10 said:

Is there any chance to run SSD cache read / write on this build.

I enabled SATA SSD cache by editing /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf , just change "support_ssd_cache" from no to yes and reboot  , i do not have nvme to check this case

1 hour ago, zexx said:

I enabled SATA SSD cache by editing /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf , just change "support_ssd_cache" from no to yes and reboot  , i do not have nvme to check this case

When you use arpl, you can add this parm to the loader.

Jfyi: I have found alternative solution for quickconnect. Its localtunnel that is running in docker container. The final url will be like this: HTTPS://bla.loca.lt

Where bla is your subdomain name.

Its working fine when the ip address is not white.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phone guy said:

what is exitcheck.sh ?

Not sure, but I’ve seen this posted several times, I’ve used it myself when building the loader in TC. I guess I figure since dva1622 is based of Geminilake that it would be the command line to use for post update. But I’m really not sure if it’s correct as when building the loader I never used the word “geminilake” in any of the commands. 

Edited by merve04

28 minutes ago, merve04 said:

Not sure, but I’ve seen this posted several times, I’ve used it myself when building the loader in TC. I guess I figure since dva1622 is based of Geminilake that it would be the command line to use for post update. But I’m really not sure if it’s correct as when building the loader I never used the word “geminilake” in any of the commands. 

I have never used that command (exitcheck.sh) in any of my builds, test builds, etc. Never saw that mentioned before. Thanks for the reply.

4 minutes ago, phone guy said:

I have never used that command (exitcheck.sh) in any of my builds, test builds, etc. Never saw that mentioned before. Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I couldn’t tell y’a what exactly it does, and I’m still in the dark in the correct command procedure for applying an update to DSM. I’ve read if you don’t do it, machine goes in an infinite loop. 

22 minutes ago, merve04 said:

Unfortunately I couldn’t tell y’a what exactly it does, and I’m still in the dark in the correct command procedure for applying an update to DSM. I’ve read if you don’t do it, machine goes in an infinite loop. 

If you're talking about the 7.1u4 update, it's pretty simple... assuming you are on 7.1, you download the 7.1u4 update for your platform go to synology.com and get the 7.1 update 4 file for your platform (dva1622-7.1u4) which should be around 50mb. Do the manual upgrade inside DSM, on the reboot, at the grub menu, press down arrow on the keyboard to the bottom item which is boot into tinycore, ssh in to your tinycore session and do these commands

./rploader.sh backup now
./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh postupdate <yourplatform>

reboot and change grub menu back to original loader method

That's pretty much it. Has worked for me on DS918 (apollolake-7.1.0-42661) and DS3622 (broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661) and boom, 7.1u4! ;)

EDIT: I literally just wrote this full guide for a guy trying to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1u4, its super detailed, so if you need any more guidance, just ask.

Edited by phone guy

38 minutes ago, phone guy said:

If you're talking about the 7.1u4 update, it's pretty simple... assuming you are on 7.1, you download the 7.1u4 update for your platform go to synology.com and get the 7.1 update 4 file for your platform (dva1622-7.1u4) which should be around 50mb. Do the manual upgrade inside DSM, on the reboot, at the grub menu, press down arrow on the keyboard to the bottom item which is boot into tinycore, ssh in to your tinycore session and do these commands

./rploader.sh backup now
./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh postupdate <yourplatform>

reboot and change grub menu back to original loader method

That's pretty much it. Has worked for me on DS918 (apollolake-7.1.0-42661) and DS3622 (broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661) and boom, 7.1u4! ;)

EDIT: I literally just wrote this full guide for a guy trying to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1u4, its super detailed, so if you need any more guidance, just ask.

I much appreciate your reply on this, but once again i feel nervous about what to enter in "<yourplatform>", hence why i ask is inputing "geminilake-7.1.0-42661" the correct value for the process?

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, T-REX-XP said:

Jfyi: I have found alternative solution for quickconnect. Its localtunnel that is running in docker container. The final url will be like this: HTTPS://bla.loca.lt

Where bla is your subdomain name.

Its working fine when the ip address is not white.

Other good solution is Tailscale. It Installs as Synology app, you log in with your credentials on Synology box and whatever devices you use to access synology and boom you got connection . One fundamental difference: Tailscale is not opening your Synology to the internet but creates a private WAN between your logged in devices. Nice option if you want quick access without exposing your box to the internet. It is free, if you developer on GitHub you can get even more free functions. Also home subscription is  like $50 year if you need even more devices and flexibility.

Edited by dimammx
  • Like 1

1 час назад, dimammx сказал:

Other good solution is Tailscale. It Installs as Synology app, you log in with your credentials on Synology box and whatever devices you use to access synology and boom you got connection . One fundamental difference: Tailscale is not opening your Synology to the internet but creates a private WAN between your logged in devices. Nice option if you want quick access without exposing your box to the internet. It is free, if you developer on GitHub you can get even more free functions. Also home subscription is  like $50 year if you need even more devices and flexibility.

Whats a point if you can just create virtual dsm and use quickconnect for free? 

Not sure :)  It maybe less complex setup and less resources used? just another option.

Also doesn't quick connect expose the box to the internet? 

And for some reason I do remember using QuickConnect on Xpenology was frowned upon. 

I do use Tailscale for other stuff like servers and routers so having DSM on it just a convenience at this point. 

Will have to try quick connect sometime for other setups, just to get more knowledge . 

Edited by dimammx

I was trying to create VM with vmware and using the latest tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2.vmdk (actually I tried also tinycore-redpill.v0.8.0.0.vmdk, with the same result) but getting the issue with starting my VM (see the screenshot).

Are there any manual how to create VM at vmware on the correct way? Thanks.

1p.JPG

2p.JPG

3p.JPG

21 minutes ago, asdbya said:

I was trying to create VM with vmware and using the latest tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2.vmdk (actually I tried also tinycore-redpill.v0.8.0.0.vmdk, with the same result) but getting the issue with starting my VM (see the screenshot).

Are there any manual how to create VM at vmware on the correct way? Thanks.

1p.JPG

2p.JPG

3p.JPG

There was a report by someone who had issue with VMDK provided on GitHub, they used starwind to convert iso to vmdk. Try to see if this helps

Edited by dimammx

21 hours ago, merve04 said:

I much appreciate your reply on this, but once again i feel nervous about what to enter in "<yourplatform>", hence why i ask is inputing "geminilake-7.1.0-42661" the correct value for the process?

Thanks again.

I personally have not built or used a dva1622 except to test if it would load on my cpu, but taken from the first page of this thread, I have to assume the correct postupdate command to update dsm7.1 to 7.1u4 on a dva1622 is:

./rploader.sh postupdate dva1622_42661 

You might wait until @pocopico or another user confirms this. But I see no reason this would not be the case.  <yourplatform> for dva1622 is dva1622_42661

9 hours ago, phone guy said:

I personally have not built or used a dva1622 except to test if it would load on my cpu, but taken from the first page of this thread, I have to assume the correct postupdate command to update dsm7.1 to 7.1u4 on a dva1622 is:

./rploader.sh postupdate dva1622_42661 

You might wait until @pocopico or another user confirms this. But I see no reason this would not be the case.  <yourplatform> for dva1622 is dva1622_42661

Thank you for your input on this, yes I have time to wait for a definitive answer.

well, finally I get it worked ... but I wouldn't say that the solution works quite stable (I am talking about SurveillanceStation as well).

Is here someone who has issues with SurveillanceStation under the current solution: Camera is loosing the connection etc?

1 час назад, asdbya сказал:

well, finally I get it worked ... but I wouldn't say that the solution works quite stable (I am talking about SurveillanceStation as well).

Is here someone who has issues with SurveillanceStation under the current solution: Camera is loosing the connection etc?

Check your camera connection (cable and so on), also check your cable to nas maybe bad connector or damanged cable, change to different cable, use rj45 tester at least, I had same problem with poe splitter and hikvision camera, once I connected it sapperatly via single poe problem was gone, in my case it was faulty poe splitter, also if you connect your dva1622 to a slow network it will have problem because of slow bandwidth (for example cheap cable or powerline adapter 100mbit) cameras as well as recording will be glitchy. Also make sure your ethernet cable is not damaged in between camera and router, if its wifi cam signal maybe low and you will need to bring it closer to a router or use repeater, also it maybe router issue, settings or bad router which disconnects for a short time, also it maybe faulty camera that overheats and shuts itself down. Basicaly it could be anything but I can assure you redpill dva1622 as well as dva3221 works stable with no disconnects about a month now. So its not the loader problem. But to find exacly what can be wrong we need more info on your system, camera brand and model, wired or wireless, class of cable, distance of camera from router/switch (in meters), router/switch model, how many cams currently, has it appeared before, did you make any changes to your network setup, what type of connection you use to connect cam to nas: wifi, poe, direct, remote, vm or baremetal (if vm it could be problem with virtual network adapter, wrong network adapter in .vmx file) and so on. The more details you provide, the faster you will find a solution to your problem.

Edited by dimakv2014

Hello everyone, I have a big problem.
I just reinstalled DSM, in version 7.1, under Proxmox.
Everything works perfectly, for a short day, nothing is installed, so it is, for the moment, completely blank.
Except that a few gigs used, I'm almost 70 gigs without adding anything, and it continues to grow.
Would you have an idea of the problem?