XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

19 minutes ago, pocopico said:

OK i see the problem .. please change your BIOS disk settings to SATA AHCI if thats possible. IDE is not supported.

Thanks mate, changed all settings to AHCI that works ok, now i have another problem is that it "fails to install file. The file is probably corrupted"  @57%. 

Dowloaded .Pat file from syno itself.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?.

Cheers

Thanks mate, changed all settings to AHCI that works ok, now i have another problem is that it "fails to install file. The file is probably corrupted"  @57%. 
Dowloaded .Pat file from syno itself.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?.

Cheers

Serial logs, or it did not happen.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spats said:

Thanks @phone guy

I thought that but how to give serial logs, running BareMetal but don't have means to give serial output tho.

Make sure you run

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

to make sure usb is hidden. if you are doing bare metal you are most likely booting from usb. boot back to tinycore and either clean and start fresh by whatever means makes you comforable - rewrite usb, clean, whatever, be sure to run that command and build again. Theres a way to login in telnet to get the serial logs, but I have never done it... its <ip>:7681 user is root no pw if I remember right. or you can search for the directions, theyve been posted a bunch of times.  otherwise clean and start again, the basic starter commands

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen <your platform here>

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh ext  <your platform here> add <pick ext/drivers from https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext>

./rploader.sh build <your platform here>

Good luck (sorry I cant be more help)

Edited by phone guy
  • Like 1

4 часа назад, Orphée сказал:
4 часа назад, sandro_66 сказал:
Excuse me, do I understand you correctly that you managed to connect 16 sata hdd to dva1622?  Physically, only 2 sata hdd can be connected to this device (if it were not Xpenology, but a real device).  The storage manager also shows only 2 hdd bays.  Or have I misunderstood you?

There is nothing new here. Loaders are able to handle more than official Syno's since ... always ?

A friend tried to install another additional disk (the third in a row), but it was not detected in DSM (you can see two disks that were before).  The new hdd is working, before that it was installed on a Windows PC.  I have arpl loader version 0.3a1.  True, I did not rebuild the bootloader after adding a new disk.  But as far as I know, satamap is not necessary in DVA1622, and arpl satamap is not used in the arpl bootloader itself.

15 hours ago, sandro_66 said:

I did not rebuild the bootloader after adding a new disk.  But as far as I know, satamap is not necessary in DVA1622, and arpl satamap is not used in the arpl bootloader itself.

Yes, satamap is not used for DVA1622... But the DeviceTree is built when the loader is built... Reboot your machine into "configure loader"... run .menu.sh, rebuild the loader and then boot the loader.

This will rebuild your DeviceTree file and allow your additional drive to be visible to DSM...

You are experiencing this because, unless your BIOS supports hotswap and it is enabled for all SATA ports, the DeviceTree builder will only see SATA ports that have a drive connected. If your motherboard supports hotswap and it is enabled when you build the loader, you will then not need to rebuild the loader when you add a drive.

Just some feedback on my trials.

All bare metal and using the simple loader builder from the other thread, I've built before but this just makes it much so simple and is great work.

All Bare Metal builds with 2 x 3GB drives set in SHR config, 6 x 1080p cameras on dual feed and 2 x DVA running.

J3455-ITX with 8GB ram built and ran fine but slower to respond to commands but not so bad if your just leaving it in a corner to do the work on SSS

HP Prodesk MT G4 i5 8GB ram - Ram much better built using a migration 2 DVA running and about 50% CPU being consumed

HP Prodesk MT G4 i7-7700 12GB Ram - Like lightening and using 15% ram and CPU - Literally just swapped disks and USB and the thing booted but HW is almost identical to i5 model.

So the i7-7000 obviously is more powerful but has the same graphics as the actual model but for £100 on eBay it has made life very simple, as a MT model (micro tower) it has plenty of space for 2 disks.

NOTE: for the HP models the device works much better with a monitor attached or dummy connector, I remember some time ago in a Plex forum that for HW transcoding to work you had to have a screen attached otherwise the intel graphics would not work, but not sure if Synology have fixed that or an issue in DVA1622

2 hours ago, sandro_66 said:

Hello boys! Can you please tell me if it is possible to enable hardware video transcoding in Videostation or Emby on Xpenology assembly for dva1622? I have a motherboard with a J4125 processor and an integrated Intel UHD600 graphics card. Thank you!

Sure, the real dva1622 uses j4125

• Like 1

2 часа назад, Bullseye сказал:

Im playing with DVA1622 on VM with 4x 16GB HDDs and SHR1 i have just 16GB space ? what heppend ?
image.thumb.png.92c60f8f2c3ea2b4c0928f1b1f9c7158.png

Well if you have 4 hdd with 16gb I guess you created Raid1 pr 10, all 4 hdds act as a one. Go to hdd settings and choose raid0 if you want them 4 be available as separate drives

Edited by dimakv2014

On 7/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, spv4u1975 said:

Just some feedback on my trials.

All bare metal and using the simple loader builder from the other thread, I've built before but this just makes it much so simple and is great work.

All Bare Metal builds with 2 x 3GB drives set in SHR config, 6 x 1080p cameras on dual feed and 2 x DVA running.

J3455-ITX with 8GB ram built and ran fine but slower to respond to commands but not so bad if your just leaving it in a corner to do the work on SSS

HP Prodesk MT G4 i5 8GB ram - Ram much better built using a migration 2 DVA running and about 50% CPU being consumed

HP Prodesk MT G4 i7-7700 12GB Ram - Like lightening and using 15% ram and CPU - Literally just swapped disks and USB and the thing booted but HW is almost identical to i5 model.

So the i7-7000 obviously is more powerful but has the same graphics as the actual model but for £100 on eBay it has made life very simple, as a MT model (micro tower) it has plenty of space for 2 disks.

NOTE: for the HP models the device works much better with a monitor attached or dummy connector, I remember some time ago in a Plex forum that for HW transcoding to work you had to have a screen attached otherwise the intel graphics would not work, but not sure if Synology have fixed that or an issue in DVA1622

Are these 3 HW of yours worked well with monitor under dva1622?

Edited by SixthTangerine

The most common error that i have in console is:

[  375.353260] EXT4-fs (md0): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
[  379.375233] EXT4-fs (md0): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

(drives are clear, without any partition)

On 7/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, SixthTangerine said:

Are these 3 HW of yours worked well with monitor under dva1622?

I never have local monitor, on all of them I inserted a dummy monitor plug so the PC thinks a monitor is attached and then placed it away on top of a cupboard, I connect over IP and installed the SSS application on my local desktop and laptop for video viewing.

Edited by spv4u1975

On 7/27/2022 at 8:33 AM, dimammx said:

Do we know what are requirements for AI to work?

We know Intel® UHD Graphics 600 works, but how about  HD 600, UHD620 or HD620.

Trying to find some affordable  surplus desktops to support AI :)

Get yourself on eBay and look for HP Prodesk G4 or G5 models (they do a desktop and and MT (MicroTower), I just bagged a MT with a i7-7700, 12GB RAM and 1TB HDD for £100 (i got a good deal) and this model flies on it, has same graphics as well I believe.

Edited by spv4u1975
  • Like 2