XPEnology Community

DSM 6

nikolas22t

New Here, with a new install of DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 ,,, everything working Great

My question, like others asked are people working on a new update or is DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 the last to be expected ?

If DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 is the last to be expected then I am fine with that and will use it till it can not be used anymore

People still use Win XP, So, DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 should be good for quite a while

I want to say Thanks to those that put this together, I was pulling my hair trying to get other OS's to work

This worked perfect with no problems from the beginning. PLEX works Great

Second question? Thinking about getting some IP cameras, Am I correct in understanding TWO will work ?

Will I be able to add more ?

New Here, with a new install of DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 ,,, everything working Great

My question, like others asked are people working on a new update or is DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 the last to be expected ?

If DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 is the last to be expected then I am fine with that and will use it till it can not be used anymore

People still use Win XP, So, DS3615xs 5.2-5967.1 x64 should be good for quite a while

I want to say Thanks to those that put this together, I was pulling my hair trying to get other OS's to work

This worked perfect with no problems from the beginning. PLEX works Great

Second question? Thinking about getting some IP cameras, Am I correct in understanding TWO will work ?

Will I be able to add more ?

There are members working on DSM 6 and there are two main threads on the developments.

Virtualised: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16114 Working DSM6 this is the longest running DSM6 project on xpenology.

Virtual and Baremetal (Intel based): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216 A new loader for latest DSM is the most resent project on xpenology and quite a few members are using it successfully. I have a baremetal Gen8 happily running 6.0 ud 2 using this method (Jun's dynamic patch :cool: ). I'm also using shr with btrfs volumes from a clean install.

DSM 5.2 is great it will only really be an issue if there is security/vulnerability that goes unpatched. If you don't use the server in a public facing environment the risk obviously very minimal and service life would be greatly extended for local only activities. Any system exposed to the web is a potential risk so in that use case it's best to use software that's regularly security patched.

Afaik you can use the two cam licences but you can't simply buy more licenses and add them to your xpenology system. You would need a patched version of the surveillance software as I understand it. The patched version is on xpenology.me but it's password protected. I don't have first hand knowledge of any of the surveillance stuff so I may not have given you a totally accurate answer? Hopefully someone will chime in and correct any mistakes I have made.

Thanks for the info,

When the Baremetal (Intel based) version is ready that will be super, Good to see

Two cameras will be nice, As long as the front porch is watched, That would be fine for this house ( hope it is NEVER needed )

I am using a HP P6 2011, DSM 5.2 running smooth