XPEnology Community

Quick question about NIC drivers 219-LM

SanKen

just boot tc and let it list the pci id's of the devices and let it auto detect you hardware, you would see the used extensions after that and you can check whats used be looking up the drivers used in the extensions

but there are more complicated ways too that can be done without tc with just a recovery or live linux (use lspci)

you can check with the pci id of the hardware here if its present in the list of devices

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/modules.alias.4.json.gz

(unpapck the gz)

or try to find what driver is used by other sources like this

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12859-driver-extension-jun-103a2dsm62x-for-ds918/

(network driver list, its e1000e for i219-lm))

and then ckeck the driver in the git repository (3622 is broadwellnk)

https://github.com/pocopico/4.4.180plus-broadwellnk

https://github.com/pocopico/4.4.180plus-broadwellnk/blob/main/e1000e.ko

but to really be certain you would still need the pci id of the device to look if its listed in the driver (there is usually the kernel's default driver, in case of kernel 4.4 its kind of old so newer hardware revisions might not be supported by that drivers, and there are newer drivers made from external source), can be done with modinfo or a editor and looking for "vermagic", close by that is the list of supported hardware id's you would also see when using modinfo

18 hours ago, SanKen said:

Need some additional module?

yes e1000e

Edited by IG-88
  • Thanks 1

tc@box:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Skylake Gaussian Mixture Model
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsystem (rev 31)
00:15.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #0 (rev 31)
00:15.1 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #1 (rev 31)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SATA controller [AHCI mode] (rev 31)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM (rev 31)

8 hours ago, SanKen said:

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM (rev 31)

that's not really the pci id you you use to look in up in the driver "lspci -vvn" would give you "8086:15b7" plus u subsystem id

that would be the thing you look for but you dont need to as i already told you the driver you need is e1000e and thats the extension you need to look for, if its not added then there is something wrong

but as dsm for a lot of units comes with a e1000e driver itself it might work ootb without any additional driver, depending on the nic's hardware (there might be newer revisions/phy's not working with syno's default driver), the driver in 918+ seems to be at least 3 years old (v3.4.2.4) but the "latest" i've seen is 3.8.7 from 10/2020

my goal was to enable you (or anyone interested) to find out by themself if the driver needed is there even before installing/using tc loader and it can be done with the pci id of the device and the json file or the correct driver file from tc's source on github

• Thanks 1