XPEnology Community

how to add the real mac and serial number of a tiny core red pill?

I write the image tinycore-redpill.v0.8.0.0 to the flash drive I give the command /rploader.sh serialgen it generates and saves in the file user_config.json at the end I go to WinSCP and change to the real mac and serial number but in the window Synology Assistant shows the one that was generated. How do I get my real mac b serial number?

20 minutes ago, JNAS said:

I write the image tinycore-redpill.v0.8.0.0 to the flash drive I give the command /rploader.sh serialgen it generates and saves in the file user_config.json at the end I go to WinSCP and change to the real mac and serial number but in the window Synology Assistant shows the one that was generated. How do I get my real mac b serial number?

Step 4.4. I think you are making life harder for yourself using WinSCP. Use the onboard vi editor or enter the command to install nano which for many is much easier to use.

13 hours ago, JNAS said:

I changed through the file user_config.json through WinSCP, but the essence does not change it sees the one generated?

That must be completed before you build the loader.  If you change user_config.json after the loader is built, the changes won't be incorporated.

Thanks Friend! You've been a big help! Installed the DS920+ and now I have Synology QuickConnect working. One thing I can't figure out, if I want to change the mac + s/n how to do it, the flash drive is no longer visible?

28 minutes ago, JNAS said:

Thanks Friend! You've been a big help! Installed the DS920+ and now I have Synology QuickConnect working. One thing I can't figure out, if I want to change the mac + s/n how to do it, the flash drive is no longer visible?

Plug a USB stick in MS Windows and edit grub.cfg directly in the first partition. This seems to be the easiest way.
There is also a way to mount and process this partition by connecting via SSH within Synology.

Edited by Peter Suh