XPEnology Community

Connection to NAS drops off few seconds after startup

diego10590

Hi,

here is my issue. I moved my XPEnology NAS to a different network and I tried different ways to make it work. After various attempts I am now in a strange situation.

When I boot the machine, after a few seconds I have the connection to the computers as it It is supposed to be: I can ping and access through browser to DSM.

After a few seconds the connection drops off and the NAS is not pingable nor reachable through browser. Moreover is not detected by the router.

I temporarily solved the problem by turning router SPI firewall off. But then I tried to create an access to the drive via windows explorer and the problem appeared again.

After that, turning on or off the SPI firewall makes no difference. Every time I restart the machine (pulling the plug off because I have no access to DSM) the connection starts and last a few seconds.

I have no solution anymore. Please help me

Hi,

I turned DHCP server off. I boot the machine and this time works fine. Later on I turn DHCP back on so that WiFi works for mobile phones.

Cloud Station is working fine. I try to connect to new drive in windows explorer. First computer ok, second, third, fourth, when I try to set up the connection on a iMac, the connection drops off. Now again the connection lasts only a few seconds after startup, no matter if I switch on or off DHCP. I remember also previous times the connection drops off when I try to set up windows explorer or MAC while cloud station works fine. Don't know if It's related or just a matter of timing.

Next time I manage to make it work I won't try to use windows explorer or iMac folders. Please help me

Latest update:

the problem is on the only iMac connected to the network:

if this computer is disconnected from the network everything is fine. When I connect it, no matter if via WiFi or Ethernet cable, the NAS soon disappears and there's no way to bring it back but unplugging the device.

I'm trying to figure out where is the problem. Both the iMac and NAS have static address set.

Are both the static IPs outside of the IP range managed by your DHCP server?

P.S. it's usually better to create IP reservations on the DHCP server for hosts that you would like to keep the same IP. That way the DHCP server (or the router it's hosted on) won't get confused about IPs it's not responsible for.