XPEnology Community

Xpenology and Windows 10 *solved*

Hackerjac

I'm soon going mad or crazy, have 3 Xpenology machines and 1 Buffalo Linkstation here at home, 3 pc running Windows 7, the problem is the 2 tablets and my little desktop pc that is running Windows 10 with latest updates, none of thoose 3 can see any of the na, i can map networkdrive using IP or hostname of the nas, but i can¨t get them to show up under Network, have tried alot of things i have found on the net, but so far nothing have helped1 tablet and desktop are running Home and the other tablet is Pro

Solutions are really welcome before i go insane

Edited by Guest

Do you have network discovery turned on for the Windows 10 devices? When you view network, you might see a notification near the address bar. Also, do you have file sharing turned on for the network connection on the windows 10 devices?

Been there, done that, have tryed more or less what i have been abel to find on the net (alot suffer from the same), but none have helped me, i can ping the servers, i can net view them, i can make mapped network drive using either ip or name

another thing i have stumpled over is when i just type net view in a commandpromt i get error 53

NET VIEW \\servername failing with Error 53 indicates and error with NetBIOS name resolution, so had a poke about on DSM.

If you go to Control Panel/Network/General/Advanced Settings you'll find the option to enable responses to ARP requests (Address Resolution Protocol). Ticking this box enabled me to successfully enumerate the shares on my NAS with a NET VIEW command.

However, I still can't browse to it as a Computer in Networks (it does show up under other devices, which takes me to the DSM web interface).