Jump to content
XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill loader (TCRP) - Development release 0.9


Recommended Posts

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, it does not work either. Any other idea? I tried it 3 times with your commands. Thank you.

 

 

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh postupdate apollolake-7.1.1-42962
Rploader Version : 0.9.1.5
Loader source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop 
Redpill module source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : master 
Extensions :   redpill-misc 
Extensions URL : "https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json"
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : d349fa644392d4cfab8191243ee38aaa32bd517208c144678e0c855cb5a619ea
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : af815ee065775d2e569fd7176e25c8ba7ee17a03361557975c8e5a4b64230c5b
COMPILE_METHOD : toolkit_dev
TARGET_PLATFORM       : apollolake
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.1.1
TARGET_REVISION : 42962
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : test-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE :  modules.alias.4.json
SYNOMODEL : ds918p_42962 
MODEL : DS918+ 
Local Cache Folder : /mnt/sdd3/auxfiles
DATE Internet : 14092022 Local : 14092022
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Cloning into 'redpill-lkm'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1317, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (389/389), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (66/66), done.
remote: Total 1317 (delta 334), reused 335 (delta 310), pack-reused 928
Receiving objects: 100% (1317/1317), 484.29 KiB | 4.32 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (897/897), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 2287, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (221/221), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (120/120), done.
remote: Total 2287 (delta 107), reused 203 (delta 94), pack-reused 2066
Receiving objects: 100% (2287/2287), 117.36 MiB | 20.63 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1077/1077), done.
Removing any old redpill.ko modules
Looking for redpill for : ds918p_42962 
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/releases/redpill-4.4.180plus.tgz
Extracting module
Checking user config for general block
Result={
  "model": "DS3622xs+",
  "version": "7.1.1-42951",
  "zimghash": "",
  "rdhash": "",
  "usb_line": "",
  "sata_line": ""
}, File does not contain general block, adding block
Creating temp ramdisk space
Mounting partition sdd1
mount: /mnt/sdd1: /dev/sdd1 already mounted on /mnt/sdd1.
Mounting partition sdd2
mount: /mnt/sdd2: /dev/sdd2 already mounted on /mnt/sdd2.
Backing up /home/tc/user_config.json 
Extracting update ramdisk
cpio: dev/net/tun: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/console: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
unlzma: /mnt/sdd2/rd.gz: Compressed data is corrupt
38500 blocks
Found Version : 7.1-42661-3
Do you want to use this for the loader ? [yY/nN] : 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tdse13 said:

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, it does not work either. Any other idea? I tried it 3 times with your commands. Thank you.

 

 

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh postupdate apollolake-7.1.1-42962
Rploader Version : 0.9.1.5
Loader source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop 
Redpill module source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : master 
Extensions :   redpill-misc 
Extensions URL : "https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json"
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : d349fa644392d4cfab8191243ee38aaa32bd517208c144678e0c855cb5a619ea
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : af815ee065775d2e569fd7176e25c8ba7ee17a03361557975c8e5a4b64230c5b
COMPILE_METHOD : toolkit_dev
TARGET_PLATFORM       : apollolake
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.1.1
TARGET_REVISION : 42962
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : test-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE :  modules.alias.4.json
SYNOMODEL : ds918p_42962 
MODEL : DS918+ 
Local Cache Folder : /mnt/sdd3/auxfiles
DATE Internet : 14092022 Local : 14092022
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Cloning into 'redpill-lkm'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1317, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (389/389), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (66/66), done.
remote: Total 1317 (delta 334), reused 335 (delta 310), pack-reused 928
Receiving objects: 100% (1317/1317), 484.29 KiB | 4.32 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (897/897), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 2287, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (221/221), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (120/120), done.
remote: Total 2287 (delta 107), reused 203 (delta 94), pack-reused 2066
Receiving objects: 100% (2287/2287), 117.36 MiB | 20.63 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1077/1077), done.
Removing any old redpill.ko modules
Looking for redpill for : ds918p_42962 
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/releases/redpill-4.4.180plus.tgz
Extracting module
Checking user config for general block
Result={
  "model": "DS3622xs+",
  "version": "7.1.1-42951",
  "zimghash": "",
  "rdhash": "",
  "usb_line": "",
  "sata_line": ""
}, File does not contain general block, adding block
Creating temp ramdisk space
Mounting partition sdd1
mount: /mnt/sdd1: /dev/sdd1 already mounted on /mnt/sdd1.
Mounting partition sdd2
mount: /mnt/sdd2: /dev/sdd2 already mounted on /mnt/sdd2.
Backing up /home/tc/user_config.json 
Extracting update ramdisk
cpio: dev/net/tun: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/console: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
unlzma: /mnt/sdd2/rd.gz: Compressed data is corrupt
38500 blocks
Found Version : 7.1-42661-3
Do you want to use this for the loader ? [yY/nN] : 

 

 

Did you perform the update from DSM GUI first ? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I test on my DS918+ with DSM 7.1.1-42962. When I use Jun´s mod DSM 7.1-42218 or ARPL v0.4 alpha 7 works perfectly, but when boot with Redpill DSM 7.1.0-42661, DSM show recovery loop, try to do postupdate with this commands and not fix the issue, follow on recovery loop. 

 

Change to other bootloaders (Jun´s mod o ARPL), and work perfectly DSM 7.1.1-42962. I think only works if you create new boot with DSM 7.1.1-42962 with Tinycore v0.9.

./rploader.sh postupdate apollolake-7.1.1-42962

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tdse13 said:

No, I didn't. Should I do that?

 

Wouldn't it be better to rebuild the loader for 7.1.1-42962 rather than postupdate gradually?
I finished building for M Shell using pocopico's redpill-load's config,

and it was possible to operate without any problem in DS918+ just by building a new loader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 10:36 PM, pocopico said:

 

yes, please boot normally and upgrade to 7.1.1-42962 and then from within TCRP, perform the postupdate process.

 

I did this and it failed. I then built a new stick with the latest loader version 0.9 and it failed installing DSM 918+ 7.1.1-42962. Finally, I used the automated redpill loader 0.4 alpha 7 and I could upgrade to 7.1.1 but for the 920+ model which I did not want to do. Any idea how to get to DS918+ with 7.1.1-42962? I have another machine which I want to update. But I do not want to switch to 920+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, tdse13 said:

 

I did this and it failed. I then built a new stick with the latest loader version 0.9 and it failed installing DSM 918+ 7.1.1-42962. Finally, I used the automated redpill loader 0.4 alpha 7 and I could upgrade to 7.1.1 but for the 920+ model which I did not want to do. Any idea how to get to DS918+ with 7.1.1-42962? I have another machine which I want to update. But I do not want to switch to 920+.

 

What specifically does it mean that the installation of DS918+ with TCRP failed?

Did you check the damage message during DSM installation?
SataportMap is not correct and you are getting Sata port related error messages?
Or does it say no disk at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

 

What specifically does it mean that the installation of DS918+ with TCRP failed?

Did you check the damage message during DSM installation?
SataportMap is not correct and you are getting Sata port related error messages?
Or does it say no disk at all?

 

After booting I installed DSM. But it failled after around 60 % with a message that the file is corrupt. I downloaded the file again with the same result. I do not have a serial console connected. Therefore, I cannot give an further information. There was no Sata port related message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 9:52 PM, tdse13 said:

 

After booting I installed DSM. But it failled after around 60 % with a message that the file is corrupt. I downloaded the file again with the same result. I do not have a serial console connected. Therefore, I cannot give an further information. There was no Sata port related message.

You seem to have met the most difficult and troublesome file corruption message.

It has nothing to do with the actual DSM file corruption, but with the synoboot partition of the USB stick.


For some reason, the synoboot partition on the USB stick must have been prevented from being mounted.

Conflicts in the ext driver or other reasons may be the main cause.
There is no need to analyze the log with a serial cable.

 

After connecting to TTYD through a web browser
You can check it only with the junior log.
Please send the results of the log check commands below.

 

http://<youripaddr>:7681/

id : root / pw : ( no password )

 

cat /var/log/*rc*

 

ls -l /sys/block

 

ls -la /sys/class/ata_device

 

ls -l /dev/syno*

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 10:02 PM, Peter Suh said:

You seem to have met the most difficult and troublesome file corruption message.

It has nothing to do with the actual DSM file corruption, but with the synoboot partition of the USB stick.


For some reason, the synoboot partition on the USB stick must have been prevented from being mounted.

Conflicts in the ext driver or other reasons may be the main cause.
There is no need to analyze the log with a serial cable.

 

After connecting to TTYD through a web browser
You can check it only with the junior log.
Please send the results of the log check commands below.

 

http://<youripaddr>:7681/

id : root / pw : ( no password )

 

cat /var/log/*rc*

 

ls -l /sys/block

 

ls -la /sys/class/ata_device

 

ls -l /dev/syno*

 

 

As I said in one of my previous posts I upgraded to 7.1.1-42962 but with a different type of DSM (920+ instead of 918+). I guess the log does not help in my case. Or do you want me to try to install DSM 918+ with TCRP 0.9 again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, tdse13 said:

 

I did this and it failed. I then built a new stick with the latest loader version 0.9 and it failed installing DSM 918+ 7.1.1-42962. Finally, I used the automated redpill loader 0.4 alpha 7 and I could upgrade to 7.1.1 but for the 920+ model which I did not want to do. Any idea how to get to DS918+ with 7.1.1-42962? I have another machine which I want to update. But I do not want to switch to 920+.


Generally speaking ARPL is a better loader at all levels. It’s redesigned from scratch to overcome all previous TTG loader limitations. I also suggest everyone when possible to switch to ARPL. TTG loader has some very strict limitations that are very hard to overcome. I’m trying to redesign as well but what’s the point after all, If at the end looks exactly as ARPL ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pocopico said:


Generally speaking ARPL is a better loader at all levels. It’s redesigned from scratch to overcome all previous TTG loader limitations. I also suggest everyone when possible to switch to ARPL. TTG loader has some very strict limitations that are very hard to overcome. I’m trying to redesign as well but what’s the point after all, If at the end looks exactly as ARPL ?

OK. But is it possible to emulate a DS 918+ with ARPL? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 2 heures, pocopico a dit :


Generally speaking ARPL is a better loader at all levels. It’s redesigned from scratch to overcome all previous TTG loader limitations. I also suggest everyone when possible to switch to ARPL. TTG loader has some very strict limitations that are very hard to overcome. I’m trying to redesign as well but what’s the point after all, If at the end looks exactly as ARPL ?

 

Without your work, an amazing work ! who helped us to upgrade easily our DSM, we were clueless and stuck, so a big thanks to you and all contributors ! i've just upgrade to last DSM and switch to ARPL, thanks to them too. You helped the same way, you roxxx ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pocopico said:


Generally speaking ARPL is a better loader at all levels. It’s redesigned from scratch to overcome all previous TTG loader limitations. I also suggest everyone when possible to switch to ARPL. TTG loader has some very strict limitations that are very hard to overcome. I’m trying to redesign as well but what’s the point after all, If at the end looks exactly as ARPL ?

 

I was also a little bit aware that the TTG loader seems to have limitations.
My experience is that whenever a new revision of DSM comes out, reconfiguring the static configuration requires a lot of effort.

 

I hardly know the working principle of ARPL, but the source of the loader seems to be based on C language, is that correct?
TCRP, developed as a relatively Linux shell script, was easy for me to access.
You have come this far with the help of several people until your TCRP is complete.
It seems that ARPL can only be coded by fabio alone.

 

Did rp-ext change to addon also have any reorganization?
If a new addon is needed, can fabio make the addon directly through kernel compilation?
Isn't the rp-ext part of pocopico another achievement of yours and still need your help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 6:30 AM, Peter Suh said:

 

I was also a little bit aware that the TTG loader seems to have limitations.
My experience is that whenever a new revision of DSM comes out, reconfiguring the static configuration requires a lot of effort.

 

I hardly know the working principle of ARPL, but the source of the loader seems to be based on C language, is that correct?
TCRP, developed as a relatively Linux shell script, was easy for me to access.
You have come this far with the help of several people until your TCRP is complete.
It seems that ARPL can only be coded by fabio alone.

 

Did rp-ext change to addon also have any reorganization?
If a new addon is needed, can fabio make the addon directly through kernel compilation?
Isn't the rp-ext part of pocopico another achievement of yours and still need your help?

 

Fabios work is based on Jumkeys and Pocopico and others research and work. Its just that he went a step back and redesigned the whole loader instead of trying to fix TTG loader.  The whole ARPL loader is a mix of bash scripts, github actions, docker compilation etc. The organization is a bit complicated but all are open and available for download and contribution. 

 

Just like anyone did with redpill-load you can clone, modify and add models as you like.  

 

**Its marked as C language by Github because it contains some C code for kernel patching, for dtbpatch, all sources for the kernel modules, eudev etc. 

 

@Peter Suh Dont get me wrong, TCRP will continue to be developed but we will always have certain limitations that need workarounds cause of the TTG loader limitations.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 2:57 PM, pocopico said:

 

Sure, https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/tree/main/files/board/arpl/overlayfs/opt/arpl/model-configs

 

If its not listed as an option on your system its because you are missing FMA3 

 

So, I finally downgraded from DS920+ to DS918+ using TCRP 0.9. However, I lost the Advanced Media Extension even though it was working with DSM 7.1-42661 Update 3 and TCRP 0.8 using an original sn and mac. Any idea how to fix this problem before I apply the upgrade to my main machine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 5:49 PM, renegadeBE said:

@tdse13

 

Did you specify the netif_num parameter into config file ?

 

If 1 mac = 1

If 2 mac = 2

...

 

"netif_num" : ""
  

 

Thank you very much. I added a second mac adress manually to the user_config.json even though my board (Asrock J4105-ITX) has only one LAN port. This did the trick.  Now I can upgrade my other machine.

 

Should I apply the upgrade to 7.1.1-42962 before I change the USB stick with TCRP 0.9?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@tdse13

 

From experience, I would update the loader first.  Next, migrate DSM.  For a first server, I tried the postupdate procedure, (dsm update - TCRP restart - POSTUPDATE), but the server did not appear.  I had to rebuild the loader to get it back.  On my production server, I applied as described first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 час назад, pocopico сказал:


Generally speaking ARPL is a better loader at all levels. It’s redesigned from scratch to overcome all previous TTG loader limitations. I also suggest everyone when possible to switch to ARPL. TTG loader has some very strict limitations that are very hard to overcome. I’m trying to redesign as well but what’s the point after all, If at the end looks exactly as ARPL ?

I can't agree with you, no disrespect for ARPL but your loader has more features and more hardware that works with no issues, with your loader there is no problems installing dva3221 or dva1622 on some cpus without fma3, your mod works very stable, VMM works without quickconnect as it should, more drivers supported on nics, the only thing it doesnt have is autoupdate .pat and lack of dva3219. I used your loader both 0.8 and 0.9 on various cpus with various gpus, and so far my main system works more than 30 days without single reboot with 7 cams some on dva and face rec, not a single bug or error. Raid from ssds work great as it should.

I ve read 32 pages on ARPL topic, it has some advantages (no post update commands to update dsm .pat, offline extentions, dva3219 model) but ARPL has disadvantages as well. Both are great loaders, both work, but saying that your loader is worse than ARPL is highly underestimated statement. You did and keep doing a super great work :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dimakv2014 said:

I can't agree with you, no disrespect for ARPL but your loader has more features and more hardware that works with no issues, with your loader there is no problems installing dva3221 or dva1622 on some cpus without fma3, your mod works very stable, VMM works without quickconnect as it should, more drivers supported on nics, the only thing it doesnt have is autoupdate .pat and lack of dva3219. I used your loader both 0.8 and 0.9 on various cpus with various gpus, and so far my main system works more than 30 days without single reboot with 7 cams some on dva and face rec, not a single bug or error. Raid from ssds work great as it should.

I ve read 32 pages on ARPL topic, it has some advantages (no post update commands to update dsm .pat, offline extentions, dva3219 model) but ARPL has disadvantages as well. Both are great loaders, both work, but saying that your loader is worse than ARPL is highly underestimated statement. You did and keep doing a super great work :)

 

you're right.  TCRP has advantages that ARPL does not have.  I know that ARPL only works with jun's mod of jumkey.  On the other hand, TCRP supports both jun / jot and jot with faster booting speed is supported.  Compared to TCRP's loader, which does not have any problems with continuous use for more than 30 days, ARPL, which is still an alpha version, has been reported to sometimes stop the loader.  Hopefully, it will be more stable in the full version stage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 минут назад, Peter Suh сказал:

 

you're right.  TCRP has advantages that ARPL does not have.  I know that ARPL only works with jun's mod of jumkey.  On the other hand, TCRP supports both jun / jot and jot with faster booting speed is supported.  Compared to TCRP's loader, which does not have any problems with continuous use for more than 30 days, ARPL, which is still an alpha version, has been reported to sometimes stop the loader.  Hopefully, it will be more stable in the full version stage.

I like the concept of ARPL, its for lazy people who don't want to run commands or change files and so on ) but sometimes its a big disadvantage too )) but in my case I always will choose stability over ease of use)

P.S. I want to test your jot loder soon with dva3219 since ordered 1050ti, and building new testing build especially for that. As for booting times I dont really think it must be considered as big advantage, its a plus but doesn't give much advantage, since its NAS/NVR mainly and requires to boot only once, its more priority how reliable it is. I have UPS from APC connected via usb, works great with TCRP, as well as failover server, also router with LTE backup of internet, thats what concerns the most. I use synology since DSM 4.2 and very rarely when you need to reboot it when its working as it should, even on TCRP it doesnt take to reboot more than 3 mins

Edited by dimakv2014
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

I like the concept of ARPL, its for lazy people who don't want to run commands or change files and so on ) but sometimes its a big disadvantage too )) but in my case I always will choose stability over ease of use)

P.S. I want to test your jot loder soon with dva3219 since ordered 1050ti, and building new testing build especially for that. As for booting times I dont really think it must be considered as big advantage, its a plus but doesn't give much advantage, since its NAS/NVR mainly and requires to boot only once, its more priority how reliable it is. I have UPS from APC connected via usb, works great with TCRP, as well as failover server, also router with LTE backup of internet, thats what concerns the most. I use synology since DSM 4.2 and very rarely when you need to reboot it when its working as it should, even on TCRP it doesnt take to reboot more than 3 mins

 

We already released the DVA3219 Jot loader last Thursday.
Try it out.
https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61839-tinycore-redpill-loader-build-support-tool-m-shell/?do=findComment&comment=337219

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Polanskiman changed the title to TinyCore RedPill loader (TCRP) - Development release 0.9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...