XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill loader (TCRP) - Development release 0.9

3 hours ago, Durkie said:

What is the best way to change from DS3615xs to DS3622xs? I can try it with some other disks.

You can create a new loader for DS3622xs. If this is your Microserver N54L due to some issues in buildroot you cannot use withfriend option but you will be fine with GRUB usb boot option. The DS3615xs installation will be recognized if you use your old disks or if they are new it will install DS3622xs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pocopico said:

EDIT: Modified rploader.sh to now set root to the UUID instead. I had this plan in the past that somehow got stuck in between other issues. You can try with latest release v0.9.3.0

Works just fine, you are a champ 🥇, many thanks !

EDIT: Is there a way to just get the new rploader.sh and make updates to grub without building the loader itself ?

IE: curl -k --location "https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/rploader.sh" -O
and someting like ./rploader updategrub ?

Edited by minigranis

1 hour ago, minigranis said:

Works just fine, you are a champ 🥇, many thanks !

EDIT: Is there a way to just get the new rploader.sh and make updates to grub without building the loader itself ?

IE: curl -k --location "https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/rploader.sh" -O
and someting like ./rploader updategrub ?

I think, that it would be safer to edit grub.cfg manually with a command like : 

sudo sed -i "s/set root=(hd0,msdos1)/search --set=root --fs-uuid BF4E-ADE7 --hint hd0,msdos1/" /dev/sda1/boot/grub/grub.cfg
sudo sed -i "s/set root=(hd0,msdos3)/search --set=root --fs-uuid 6234-C863 --hint hd0,msdos3/" /dev/sda1/boot/grub/grub.cfg

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, Durkie said:

What is the best way to change from DS3615xs to DS3622xs? I can try it with some other disks.

i did the same with my NL40 for testing... first install DS3615xs with TCRP without friend, i used the onboard NIC.

do the initial setup of the DS3615xs.

boot back into  TCRP Builder and create the  DS3622xs loader for 42962 U1. if you boot then from USB you should get the migration Screen of DSM.

choose keep config or from scratch.
if you want to Update to latest Update 2, manualy start the U2 Upgrade on DS3622xs 42962 U1.
as DSM want to reboot go back into TCRP Builder and use postupgrade command to patch the Loader and reboot
DS3622xs 42962 U2 should boot up normaly without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm... after 2 long days of trying to make it happen, over the version v9.3 with the sata option: it can detect an Lsi hba, but never give any ip. No matter how many or mac and so. I try the friend option, while it was not clear what this bring.. and still no ip. I did try over the arpl, but find out some bug still present and disk count is wrong. 

But now i get a fully working 42692u2 via an install of tcrp v9.2.8. All detected directly, same process, same config as all others try. No ip is show at the console, but check the router dhcp and you get one. Then dsm install. still put on sata1:0 as independant persist thick.
 For the update, that was not clear: Go on the gui : manual install and : that<s it! Walk away as soon you click the yes button. And when your back 5min after : all is done. No need to quickly go to update a loader or put any string or run strange script m my myss ... the <tinycore redpill friend> as the 4th option do care of all and greatly is auto select and boot direct to it.

i don't know the mean of : zimage upgrade detected mean, while doing the reboot when updating. Was it the loader now on version 9.3 or still in 9.2.8 ?

On 11/15/2022 at 3:40 PM, pocopico said:

You can create a new loader for DS3622xs. If this is your Microserver N54L due to some issues in buildroot you cannot use withfriend option but you will be fine with GRUB usb boot option. The DS3615xs installation will be recognized if you use your old disks or if they are new it will install DS3622xs.

I succesfully upgraded from DS3615xs to DS3622xs. All seems to work ok, but the mac address from the config is not set on my network card. The machine has 2 NICs, but the internal NIC is switched off. Can that be the problem?

I've made some attempts to manually modify model.dtb to allow for USB-as-Internal-Hard-Drive - could be a fun enhancement for rploader.sh, but thought someone here might be able to suggest a resource that could define the proper syntax - swapping in USB port pcie_root address and xhci_hcd driver-type obviously isn't enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please consider adding some grub features like having the capability to tell grub to load a particular boot menu entry for next boot only 

Normal Grub implementation supports this as: grub-set-default 1

However grub doesnt seem to be available in tcrp loader mode.

link: https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/Booting-once_002donly.html

Edited by alirz1

Hi all,

I had TPRC working fine for about four months until I suddenly had 3 of 4 drives stop being detected by my DSM after a power event.  The drives are fine, as they are detected by my HPE Microserver Gen 8.  The first drive is a slightly different model from the other three, which I guess had something to do with it being seen over other three.  After troubleshooting for a couple hours, I gave up and decided to start-over.

I updated my TPRC to latest, installed TPRC Friend on it, and wiped my 4 drives.  All went well until I tried to boot.  The boot from TPRC works, but it reboots about a second after the countdown finishes.  I tried some troubleshooting steps I saw someone else with a similar issue took, but no to avail.  Any help would be appreciated.  See relevant info:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8f19ec1d1598b4fd4c64ed8e001ce87c.png

image.thumb.png.21e6613670f2830976182821864efb4f.png

image.thumb.png.c8c0bbf854184963483277837bcb1314.pngimage.thumb.png.39cdf04784b83979bb8143e3014c8f17.pngimage.thumb.png.2924233f186c9de0e63522e86222f6f8.pngimage.thumb.png.69d8cb010d640b7fb32f143fe219ade6.png

Thanks!

Edited by Kaiman

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to install Dsm 7. on Proxmox for 2 days, but I couldn't succeed. Is there anyone who can help? everything installs normally, but I can't find the device with either find.synology or "synology assistant". model:DS3622xs version:7.1.1-42962

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

2 hours ago, enes said:

I've been trying to install Dsm 7. on Proxmox for 2 days, but I couldn't succeed. Is there anyone who can help? everything installs normally, but I can't find the device with either find.synology or "synology assistant". model:DS3622xs version:7.1.1-42962

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Can add withfriend at the end of the build command ? 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

You need to use the command like below.

./rploader.sh build ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962 withfriend

I made that shape. But again it didn't. Just at startup, an additional line like the one below came up. Note: I did the same operations in ds3617xs but it still didn't work.

7.PNG

38 minutes ago, enes said:

I made that shape. But again it didn't. Just at startup, an additional line like the one below came up. Note: I did the same operations in ds3617xs but it still didn't work.

7.PNG

Did you follow these instructions for the VM creation ? 

Can you change your machine type emulation to q35 ? i440fx is a known cause for a KP.

33 minutes ago, pocopico said:

VM oluşturma için bu talimatları izlediniz mi? 

Makine türü öykünmenizi q35 olarak değiştirebilir misiniz? i440fx, bir KP'nin bilinen bir nedenidir.

I change it. This was the shape. but I couldn't reach the assistant again. (In the picture, it received 192.168.1.42 ip, which is not in my dhcp range. It is not pinged etc.) I have installed DMS on physical machine several times before. I also have a physical machine that is currently active. but it never happened in Proxmox. I am following these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5n1O-UIpA8&t=1317s

8.PNG

8 minutes ago, enes said:

I change it. This was the shape. but I couldn't reach the assistant again. (In the picture, it received 192.168.1.42 ip, which is not in my dhcp range. It is not pinged etc.) I have installed DMS on physical machine several times before. I also have a physical machine that is currently active. but it never happened in Proxmox. I am following these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5n1O-UIpA8&t=1317s

8.PNG

I suggest you create the VM based to the instructions i've shared before and start over.

I was previously on the arpl loader. But the mellanox network card on DVA1622 does not work there because there is no module for this version. I decided to check on tiny core and when assembling I get an error on the mellanox network card. Could you add a driver?

58D15D31-5CCF-4467-8DC0-76A8C1F53FFF.jpeg

Edited by aportnov