10 answers to this question

1. BOOT TO TINYCORE

2. EXECUTE FOLLOW COMMANDS

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh backup
sudo su
./rploader.sh postupdate bromolow-7.0.1-42218

(WARNING : if update is detect, confirm with "Y" fur use this.

reboot

3. BOOT NORMAL MOD (USB)

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.

Booting the kernel.

4. Go to DSM :-)

• Thanks 1

If the OLD S/N is not the source Synology used to synchronize the shared folder, there will be no problem.
In shared folder synchronization, S/N becomes the standard for recognizing each other.
If it is changed, you can start syncing again from the beginning, but it will be very painful.

/Thx for your great support Peter. However, seems the problem that I facing right now is not that simple. 

first I use redpill to build the loader USB, however after finishing the tinycore steps, I found that it kept reboot after the kernel was loaded.

the BIOS is then reflashed (the bay one, v. 041) and the DMS is successfully loaded and found by find.synology.com.

and the nightmare is that come after the first reboot, the system keep saying that my HDD needs to recover. the recover is very fast (from 0-4% only few secs, then jump to 100%) and then start recover loop. 

I tried to pull out all my HDD and start the machine with a new HDD, but this loop is still occurred. what a nightmare. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 

While I was testing upgrades, I got into this recovery loop. Looking at the logs. what seemed to be happening was that it was trying to download something to do the recovery and not finding it. I think that redpill by design blocks Synology and so this, I thought, could be the problem.

In my case, as I was testing, I gave up and started again. What you might do is follow flyride's troubleshooting instructions in their tutorial to try and post what you find

I just added a note in the installation tutorial.  For a migration install only, DSM will reset the Manual Update option to Automatic.

It tells you this during the migration install.  Unfortunately that means it can download an incompatible update and apply it before you can do anything.

At minimum, go into Control Panel and change the setting ASAP.  Alternatively you may want to disconnect your Internet when you see the notification and leave it offline until you can get to the setting in Control Panel.

If someone knows the configuration file options that force the Manual Update setting maybe we can get the loader to address this for migrations.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:41 AM, renegadeBE said:

1. BOOT TO TINYCORE

2. EXECUTE FOLLOW COMMANDS

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh backup
sudo su
./rploader.sh postupdate bromolow-7.0.1-42218

(WARNING : if update is detect, confirm with "Y" fur use this.

reboot

3. BOOT NORMAL MOD (USB)

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.

Booting the kernel.

4. Go to DSM :-)

Thank you!!! i got same problem... and now resolved!