• Announcements

    • Polanskiman

      DSM 6.2-23739   05/23/2018

      This is a MAJOR update of DSM. DO NOT UPDATE TO DSM 6.2 with Jun's loader 1.02b or earlier. Your box will be bricked.  You have been warned.   https://www.synology.com/en-global/releaseNote/DS3615xs
jun

DSM 6.x.x Loader

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Masrawy said:

Is this topic unlocked now :D. Any other developments coming?

Nothing coming as far as I am aware. I simply reopened it but in all honesty this topic is kind of obsolete and should only be used to ask very specific questions about the loader (v1.02b) internals. All other questions relating to install, support and whatnot should be asked in the appropriate section of the forum.

 

If a new loader is to come then I think a new topic would need to be opened anyway to start on a clean slate.

 

I will be following closely this thread and if it starts going sideways again like it did before I will then lock it permanently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 5:34 PM, tamamma said:

Hi there, I've setted up a DS3615xs with DSM 6.0.2-8451 with 1.0.1 Loader

I would like to change to DS915 with 1.0.2b loader what have i to do?

Is there any way to do this change without losing data?

 

Just curious... why change from DS915 -> DS3615xs,

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/2/2018 at 12:04 PM, George said:

 

Just curious... why change from DS915 -> DS3615xs,

 

G

I would do the opposite DS3615xs to DS915 due to hardware that i have.

It would be nice have the DS918+ loader that could support hardware acceleration for plex and Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI) of my Intel Celeron J3455

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tamamma said:

I would do the opposite DS3615xs to DS915 due to hardware that i have.

It would be nice have the DS918+ loader that could support hardware acceleration for plex and Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI) of my Intel Celeron J3455

 

think the problem here might be my lack of feature difference between DS915 and DS3615. I figured the higher models was simply more drives, faster CPU's, more interface ports.

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi!

i extend a pci sata card, 4 port silicon image 3114, as known that dsm 6.1 not support current i use jun's v1.01 bootloader dsm 6.0.2-8451 with some addition ko like sata_sil, but seem not working, i test dsm 5.2 5967 work fine, searching many topic get nothing, what's wrong?

 

boot log below

 

[    4.296782] sata_sil 0000:05:01.0: version 2.4
[    4.296858] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000030
[    4.305792] IP: [<ffffffffa0270ae0>] sil_init_one+0x1c0/0x2ea [sata_sil]
[    4.312490] PGD 221014067 PUD 21ff80067 PMD 0 
[    4.318358] Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP 
[    4.321611] Modules linked in: sata_sil(+) sata_qstor sata_promise sata_nv sata_inic162x sata_highbank pata_sc1200 pata_platform pata_mpiix pata_via pata_sis pata_serverworks pata_sch pata_rdc pata_pdc2027x pata_pdc202xx_old pata_oldpiix pata_ninja32 pata_netcell pata_marvell pata_jmicron pata_it8213 pata_it821x pata_hpt366 pata_hpt37x pata_hpt3x3 pata_hpt3x2n pata_cmd64x pata_atp867x pata_atiixp pata_artop pata_amd pata_ali mpt3sas mpt2sas(O) megaraid_sas ata_generic ata_piix mptctl mptsas mptspi mptscsih mptbase scsi_transport_srp scsi_transport_spi megaraid megaraid_mbox megaraid_mm vmw_pvscsi BusLogic usb_storage etxhci_hcd xhci_hcd uhci_hcd ehci_pci ehci_hcd usbcore usb_common el000(O)
[    4.383596] CPU: 1 PID: 4494 Comm: insmod Tainted: G           O 3.10.77 #8451
[    4.390801] Hardware name: ASUS All Series/Z87-A, BIOS 2103 08/15/2014
[    4.398694] task: ffff8802242648f0 ti: ffff88021e3d8000 task.ti: ffff88021e3d8000
[    4.406152] RIP: 0010:[<ffffffffa0270ae0>]  [<ffffffffa0270ae0>] sil_init_one+0x1c0/0x2ea [sata_sil]
[    4.415274] RSP: 0018:ffff88021e3dbc40  EFLAGS: 00010286
[    4.420569] RAX: ffff8802243dfe08 RBX: ffff880223c5d800 RCX: 0000000000000000
[    4.427681] RDX: ffffc9000832a080 RSI: 00000000ffffffff RDI: 0000000000000030
[    4.434794] RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000080 R09: ffff88022d822008
[    4.441908] R10: 00003ffffffff000 R11: ffffc9000832afff R12: ffff8802243dfd98
[    4.449021] R13: ffffffffa0271188 R14: ffffc9000832a000 R15: 0000000000000001
[    4.456133] FS:  00007fbcf596e700(0000) GS:ffff88022ec80000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
[    4.464197] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
[    4.469928] CR2: 0000000000000030 CR3: 0000000221719000 CR4: 00000000001407e0
[    4.477040] DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
[    4.484153] DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
[    4.491266] Stack:
[    4.493273]  0000000000000080 ffff8802243dfe08 ffff88021e3dbc60 0000000000000000
[    4.500714]  0000000020000002 0000000000000000 000000000000001f 0000000000000007
[    4.508155]  000000000000003f ffffffffa02715c0 0000000000000000 ffff880223c5d898
[    4.515599] Call Trace:
[    4.518043]  [<ffffffff8128dd60>] ? pci_device_probe+0x60/0xa0
[    4.523863]  [<ffffffff812f8ada>] ? really_probe+0x5a/0x220
[    4.530802]  [<ffffffff812f8d61>] ? __driver_attach+0x81/0x90
[    4.536531]  [<ffffffff812f8ce0>] ? __device_attach+0x40/0x40
[    4.542260]  [<ffffffff812f6dd3>] ? bus_for_each_dev+0x53/0x90
[    4.548073]  [<ffffffff812f8278>] ? bus_add_driver+0x158/0x250
[    4.553891]  [<ffffffffa0273000>] ? 0xffffffffa0272fff
[    4.559020]  [<ffffffff812f9378>] ? driver_register+0x68/0x150
[    4.564836]  [<ffffffffa0273000>] ? 0xffffffffa0272fff
[    4.569958]  [<ffffffff810002ba>] ? do_one_initcall+0xea/0x140
[    4.575774]  [<ffffffff810861f8>] ? load_module+0x1ae8/0x2050
[    4.581503]  [<ffffffff81083210>] ? store_uevent+0x40/0x40
[    4.588356]  [<ffffffff810867f1>] ? SyS_init_module+0x91/0xc0
[    4.594085]  [<ffffffff814aa472>] ? system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
[    4.600253] Code: 49 8d 44 24 70 0f 84 a4 00 00 00 4d 8b 45 00 48 8b 28 41 83 c7 01 48 89 44 24 08 49 83 c5 48 4b 8d 14 06 48 8d 7d 30 4c 89 04 24 <48> 89 55 30 4c 89 f2 49 03 55 c0 48 89 95 90 00 00 00 48 89 95 
[    4.621556] RIP  [<ffffffffa0270ae0>] sil_init_one+0x1c0/0x2ea [sata_sil]
[    4.628341]  RSP <ffff88021e3dbc40>
[    4.631818] CR2: 0000000000000030
[    4.635143] ---[ end trace 65791b2b857c7cd4 ]---

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jackyz said:

with some addition ko like sata_sil,

 

do you use a extra.lzma (who made it) or did you just copy the sata_sil.ko to your system and started it (like with insmod), also here where did the sata_sil.ko came from

i'm not doing dsm 6.0 stuff (never did), but i still have a small collection of loader and driver versions (even quicknicks retracted one)

i've added two files you can try, but i will not compile any drivers for 6.0

quicknick_sata_sil.ko

testing_sata_sil.ko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IG-88 said:

 

do you use a extra.lzma (who made it) or did you just copy the sata_sil.ko to your system and started it (like with insmod), also here where did the sata_sil.ko came from

i'm not doing dsm 6.0 stuff (never did), but i still have a small collection of loader and driver versions (even quicknicks retracted one)

i've added two files you can try, but i will not compile any drivers for 6.0

quicknick_sata_sil.ko

testing_sata_sil.ko

 

i use extra.lzma before, and the sata_sil.ko used is quicknick made, and now i remove sata_sil.ko from extra.lzma and use insmod direct load, all failed, crash stack log like above, any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to report my success on installing DSM and something I encountered in the process.

 

1. A Compaq CQ2000 (Intel ATOM 230, 2 SATA, 100 Mbps ETHERNET)

* XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.img working

*Jun's 1.02b for DS3617xs working

*Jun's 1.02b for DS916+ not working (the installer can't see HDD)

 

2. AMD 5350 + ASROCK AM1B-ITX

*Jun's 1.01 loader working. It's weird that the tutorial said it's for DS3615xs 6.0.2, but I was forced to install DSM_DS3617xs_15254.pat in the process. DS3615xs 6.0.2 was not accepted by the installer. There must be something wrong with the tutorial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ericavd said:

2. AMD 5350 + ASROCK AM1B-ITX

*Jun's 1.01 loader working. It's weird that the tutorial said it's for DS3615xs 6.0.2, but I was forced to install DSM_DS3617xs_15254.pat in the process. DS3615xs 6.0.2 was not accepted by the installer. There must be something wrong with the tutorial.

 

You were not forced to install DS3617xs. You downloaded the loader version for DS3617xs that's all. If you want to use DS3615xs as a model then download the correct loader. The tutorial is just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bit confused re the boot loader.

 

https://mega.nz/#F!yQpw0YTI!DQqIzUCG2RbBtQ6YieScWg!DYRAXCpB lists a 1.02b for DSM 6.1

 

But then everywhere else I see 1.02alpha. (listed: https://xpenology.club/downloads/)

 

So which is it, whats the most recent / suggested loader,

 

2nd part to this question, whats involved in upgrading the loader, this is important in the context of quicknic's loader imminent as I've build my environment and will need to do this soon.

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

 

You were not forced to install DS3617xs. You downloaded the loader version for DS3617xs that all. If you want to use DS3615xs as a model then download the correct loader. The tutorial is just fine.

 

As shown in my attached image file, there is only one version of load  1.01. Only DS3615xs 6.02, no DS3617xs.

dsm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, George said:

So which is it, whats the most recent / suggested loader,

v1.02b. I think the OP is clear on that matter and the numbering suggests it is the latest.

v1.02a (a for alpha) precedes v1.02b (b for beta)

 

4 minutes ago, George said:

But then everywhere else I see 1.02alpha. (listed: https://xpenology.club/downloads/)

That's an external website. Nothing we can do if they don't update it.

 

Please ask update questions in the tutorials or create a new topic in the Installation section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

v1.02b. I think the OP is clear on that matter and the numbering suggests it is the latest.

v1.02a (a for alpha) precedes v1.02b (b for beta)

 

 

So confirming, (yes because was not 100% clear for me (because If I look at xpenology.com/download) and i'm trying to clarify v.1.02b is the current loader.

 which I can download from https://mega.nz/#F!yQpw0YTI!DQqIzUCG2RbBtQ6YieScWg!DYRAXCpB

I would have expected the expenology/download link to first / top most link/list the newest loader and DSM.

 

will open a upgrade question.

 

G

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ericavd said:

 

As shown in my attached image file, there is only one version of load  1.01. Only DS3615xs 6.02, no DS3617xs.

dsm.png

 

Yes indeed. No DS 3617xs for v1.01. I got mixed up. In any case if you downloaded that file then you could not have installed DS3617xs considering that that loader is for DS3615xs. I actually just downloaded it and checked it. You probably downloaded v1.02a or v1.02a2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current build/last night:

 

DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha + DSM_DS3615xs_15254.pat (DO NEED TO DOUBLE CHECK THIS, sure I remember downloading the b loader, but now see the alpa version in download directory, from where I would have used it)

 

Thinking I should #!upgrade to the V1.02-b loader or wait for the quicknic loader as I'm going to need it anyhow due to HDD count.

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, George said:

I would have expected the expenology/download link to first / top most link/list the newest loader and DSM.

We don't control how MEGA arranges their directories structure.

 

5 minutes ago, George said:

Thinking I should #!upgrade to the V1.02-b loader or wait for the quicknic loader as I'm going to need it anyhow due to HDD count.

 

I strongly suggest you use v1.02b. It is as simple a re-imaging your usb and updating the grub file accordingly and adding the custom extra ramdisk if you already had it. Plug back. Done.

Edited by Polanskiman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

 

I strongly suggest you use v1.02b. It is as simple a re-imaging your usb and updating the grub file accordingly and adding the custom extra ramdisk if you already had it. Plug back. Done.

 

do we have a HowTo thread that covers this ?

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, George said:

 

do we have a HowTo thread that covers this ?

 

G

 

You just do what you did with your previous usb just use v1.02b instead. You can refer to the tutorials I made where I describe the initial process. But since you already did it once I presume you should be able to do it again. See Tutorial sections or my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

 

Yes indeed. No DS 3617xs for v1.01. I got mixed up. In any case if you downloaded that file then you could not have installed DS3617xs considering that that loader is for DS3615xs. I actually just downloaded it and checked it. You probably downloaded v1.02a or v1.02a2

 

 

Thanx for your reply. I am making another check. Maybe I just did something stupid that I downloaded v1.01 loader but still write v1.02b to USBStick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

We don't control how MEGA arranges their directories structure.

 

 

I strongly suggest you use v1.02b. It is as simple a re-imaging your usb and updating the grub file accordingly and adding the custom extra ramdisk if you already had it. Plug back. Done.

 

did not use a custom ramdisk, only changed the pid and vid so assume thats all I have to do again with a new usb/loader.

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, George said:

did not use a custom ramdisk, only changed the pid and vid so assume thats all I have to do again with a new usb/loader.

 

In that case you should be good to go without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After making the check, I found that I was using v1.02b loader for DS3617xs on AMD5350 & ASROCK AM1B-ITX. It's not v1.01 loader. Sorry the error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just tried loader v1.01 on AMD5350 & ASROCK AM1B-ITX. The loader booted, but installation of DSM failed.

 

Any way, loader v1.02b with DSM6.1.5 (DSM_DS3617xs_15254.pat) is working.

 

BTW, I just order a cheap used 8-Port SATA/PCI-X Controller SATA II 3Gbps Card (with Marvell 88SX6081 Chip). Not knowing the compatibility. I will post the results when I have it.

Edited by ericavd
mis-typing
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now