jun

DSM 6.x.x Loader

Recommended Posts

 

I have downgrade my lsi 9211-it sas2008 from p20 to p19 and i still does not work using jun 1.02b ds3617 6.1.3

 

can someone respond?

[    3.119995] megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.7 (Release Date: Sun Jul 16 00:01:03 EST 200                                                         6)[    3.125607] megaraid: 2.20.5.1 (Release Date: Thu Nov 16 15:32:35 EST 2006)[    3.142392] Fusion MPT base driver 3.04.20[    3.142395] Copyright (c) 1999-2008 LSI Corporation[    3.152978] Fusion MPT SPI Host driver 3.04.20[    3.158430] Fusion MPT SAS Host driver 3.04.20[    3.163786] Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver 3.04.20[    3.163888] mptctl: Registered with Fusion MPT base driver[    3.163891] mptctl: /dev/mptctl @ (major,minor=10,220)[    3.174735] megasas: 06.506.00.00-rc1 Sat. Feb. 9 17:00:00 PDT 2013[    3.180708] mpt2sas version 20.00.00.00 loaded[    3.180846] scsi6 : Fusion MPT SAS Host[    3.181255] mpt2sas 0000:08:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)[    3.181309] mpt2sas0: 64 BIT PCI BUS DMA ADDRESSING SUPPORTED, total mem (660                                                         51852 kB)[    3.181321] mpt2sas0: sending diag reset !![    3.332476] mpt2sas0: diag reset: FAILED[    3.332635] mpt2sas0: _base_get_ioc_facts: failed getting to correct state[    3.332903] mpt2sas0: mpt2sas_base_unmap_resources[    3.332941] mpt2sas0: Controller resources are already freed[    3.332943] mpt2sas0: failure at //source/lsi-mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.c:11743/_                                                         scsih_probe()![    3.339862] mpt3sas version 13.00.00.00 loaded

 

 

 

I'm not sure what your setup is but I run my NAS on esx 6.5 with my lsi -9211 passed through and have no issues.

 

I'm on the latest loader and running DS3617xs (latest DSM)

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys, i try DS3617 With Asus N3150I-C, 4GB ram Kingston DDR3, and its working well, update with latest DSM version

 

 

Thanks to all who contributed to this

Edited by syahbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I accidentally removed all dsm diskstation access to all my users and I am locked out of the web ui now; synology says to hold the reset button.. haha well I obviously dont have a the reset button on my custom hardware. I say a video where with the version 5 bootloaders of xpenology you could run resetuser=admin to reset the admin users password. On this bootloader though I dont see the option to boot into the debug mode. Can anyone help me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ericarthurc said:

So I accidentally removed all dsm diskstation access to all my users and I am locked out of the web ui now; synology says to hold the reset button.. haha well I obviously dont have a the reset button on my custom hardware. I say a video where with the version 5 bootloaders of xpenology you could run resetuser=admin to reset the admin users password. On this bootloader though I dont see the option to boot into the debug mode. Can anyone help me? 

Reinstall keeping user settings and data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dynaguy said:

Not sure about that. I make a new USB stick and this time I tried DS3615xs and it WORKS!

 

Anyway, I am new and can someone tell me the different of DS3617xs and DS3615 (and 916)? I read here someone asked before and I seems not seeing answers. Thanks.

 

BTW, found a good instruction http://blog.pztop.com/2017/07/24/Make-Xpenology-boot-loader-1.02b-for-DSM-6.1-on-Ubuntu/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jamesjfa said:

 

I'm not sure what your setup is but I run my NAS on esx 6.5 with my lsi -9211 passed through and have no issues.

 

I'm on the latest loader and running DS3617xs (latest DSM)

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

 

what version of firmware you're running on your card? that could be the difference i had my on the avago p20 downgrade it to the 19 if i need to go to an older code i can get it and flash it tonight let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.7.2017 at 8:23 PM, GizmoPower said:

Anyone having trouble accessing files via windows. Samba?


Now all working. No clue why. Might have been something with my network....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just registered to say thanks !!!

 

...and provide my hardware info: 

Tested on esxi but had an old PC laying around. New boot loader and <install> worked - older files did not. 

TA790GX XE mainboard (790GX / SB750 chipset - RTL8111C nic)

AMD Phenom II x2 550

4 GB DDR2-800

2 SATA drives for testing (not using integrated RAID)

boot from 1GB flash (lots of old hardware got reused !)

Got the surveillance station running with one of my IP cameras.

 

In a mid ATX case so thinking of picking up some used SATA drives and maybe another NIC and see if I have a small SSD hanging around to try the caching. 

 

So thanks for the loader and native driver support, I didn't have to build anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mar1boro said:

yes, please.. and if it really works dsm6+hyper-v, so please, post your boot drive image.

I am also want to know how he did this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GizmoPower said:


Now all working. No clue why. Might have been something with my network....

 

Have a look at /etc/samba/smbpasswd

 

Are there only xxx?

 

If yes go to control panel and set password for your user!

You can also set same password 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, jamesjfa said:

 

I'm not sure what your setup is but I run my NAS on esx 6.5 with my lsi -9211 passed through and have no issues.

 

I'm on the latest loader and running DS3617xs (latest DSM)

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

 

 

my setup is normal is baremetal lsi 9211-it  p19 1.02b so i know it works but why is it not working is the real question do i need to downgrade further

i added my log where it shows something weird if a dev can step in and have a look .

19 hours ago, medric said:

[ 3.119995] megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.7 (Release Date: Sun Jul 16 00:01:03 EST 200 6)

[ 3.125607] megaraid: 2.20.5.1 (Release Date: Thu Nov 16 15:32:35 EST 2006)

[ 3.142392] Fusion MPT base driver 3.04.20 [ 3.142395] Copyright (c) 1999-2008 LSI Corporation

[ 3.152978] Fusion MPT SPI Host driver 3.04.20 [ 3.158430] Fusion MPT SAS Host driver 3.04.20 [ 3.163786] Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver 3.04.20

[ 3.163888] mptctl: Registered with Fusion MPT base driver

[ 3.163891] mptctl: /dev/mptctl @ (major,minor=10,220)

[ 3.174735] megasas: 06.506.00.00-rc1 Sat. Feb. 9 17:00:00 PDT 2013 [ 3.180708] mpt2sas version 20.00.00.00 loaded [ 3.180846] scsi6 : Fusion MPT SAS Host

[ 3.181255] mpt2sas 0000:08:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)

[ 3.181309] mpt2sas0: 64 BIT PCI BUS DMA ADDRESSING SUPPORTED, total mem (660 51852 kB)

[ 3.181321] mpt2sas0: sending diag reset !!

[ 3.332476] mpt2sas0: diag reset: FAILED

[ 3.332635] mpt2sas0: _base_get_ioc_facts: failed getting to correct state

[ 3.332903] mpt2sas0: mpt2sas_base_unmap_resources

[ 3.332941] mpt2sas0: Controller resources are already freed

[ 3.332943] mpt2sas0: failure at //source/lsi-mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.c:11743/_ scsih_probe()!

[ 3.339862] mpt3sas version 13.00.00.00 loaded

Edited by medric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, medric said:

 

what version of firmware you're running on your card? that could be the difference i had my on the avago p20 downgrade it to the 19 if i need to go to an older code i can get it and flash it tonight let me know

 

I have P20 installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2017 at 4:13 PM, IG-88 said:

 

if you have a working 1.02a image you can try to extract the *.ko file from the 1.02a image (7zip under windows does the trick, but only for extracting) and can try to use it in the 1.02a2 image by extracting the extra.lzma, putting in the *.ko, extend the conf file for loading that module and rebuilding it as i described here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32744#p99603

3615 an 3617 are both intel x64 so give it a try (it did work for me with thr evdev.ko for acpi shutdown, why not for the nic driver) - what never will work is a *.ko file fro m1.01 jun loader (dsm 6.0) that uses a different kernel

 

The link of the post "as described here" is not working; do you have more detail on how to do this? I'm not exactly following you - but I do have 1.02a which does work but still no working NIC driver for the BCM5706/BCM5708/5709/5716 in the current DS3617xs build. I think this is the only thing holding me up at this point. 

 

Thx a bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23. 7. 2017 at 4:16 AM, meimeiriver said:

Currently on ESXi 6.5, on a virtual DS3615xs. I certainly wouldn't mind if someone made an OVF template one day, with this (or higher model) server, with built-in 6.1.3-15152-1 Update (or upgradeable to it).

And I take my name for * .OVF :-)  No one available?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-7-2017 at 0:00 AM, neotronic said:


I have it working in Hyper-V. Not sure if It's 1.02b though. I converted the img to vhd and set it as the 1st drive. Hope it helps.

Hello Neotronic,

 

I am quite curious how you did this? Can you be so kind to give a detailed description on what steps you took (short tutorial).

 

-          What tool did you use to concert the IMG to VHD.

-          Did you make de disk dynamic or fixed.

-          Steps how you did setup the new virtual machine

-          If any changes made on the virtual please describe.

 

Cheers

 

Burner1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have just downloaded the current DSM version from Synology Server,
but when I try to install I get the error message: that I can only install a newer version.
I have installed 6.1.3-15152 and get in the Web-GUI the message that a newer version (DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 1) is available.

 

 

 

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-27 um 15.31.19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jamesjfa said:

 

I have P20 installed

 

very odd i will try to flash again that is very very odd so it has to be a bad flash (even though windows sees it fine and drives all work under windows) hmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, medric said:

 

very odd i will try to flash again that is very very odd so it has to be a bad flash (even though windows sees it fine and drives all work under windows) hmm 

Check your firmware version.

Mine are 20.00.04.00 and 20.00.07.00. Both work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.07.2017 at 1:10 AM, neotronic said:

Yes DSM 6. I can check in the morning before work.

 

so did you check if that miracle really happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2017 at 1:06 PM, Qwertyz said:

 

+7 for AMD support

I think there is still plenty of people having the older HP Gen7 with AMD as it is small and fast enough for NAS.

Using ESXI is possible, but I need to sacrifice one disk for VM Datastore instead of using it for data.

 

+8 for AMD Support

I've got 2 Gen7 at home

 

@jun > Is there something I can do (testing ? programming ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 7:31 PM, mar1boro said:

 

so did you check if that miracle really happened?

Hi @mar1boro and sorry for the delay it's been a busy week at work. I did get to check and it looks like I did build a VM with DSM 6 but in VMWare Workstation not Hyper-V. Sorry for raising your hopes on this this issue - I'm in need of a Hyper-V solution too. Like many I keep trying different bootloaders in Hyper-V and from memory the issue is always lack of a working NIC. I did have a DSM 6 img file that I thought was working with Hyper-V but dispite a working NIC - the IMG has that 'failed to create a volume' issue so I must have given up. Hope a solution arrives soon and sorry for my mistake again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, neotronic said:

Hi @mar1boro and sorry for the delay it's been a busy week at work. I did get to check and it looks like I did build a VM with DSM 6 but in VMWare Workstation not Hyper-V. Sorry for raising your hopes on this this issue - I'm in need of a Hyper-V solution too. Like many I keep trying different bootloaders in Hyper-V and from memory the issue is always lack of a working NIC. I did have a DSM 6 img file that I thought was working with Hyper-V but dispite a working NIC - the IMG has that 'failed to create a volume' issue so I must have given up. Hope a solution arrives soon and sorry for my mistake again.

 

maybe this infos are intrsting? its possible to build hyper-v drivers (like nic driver) but i expect them to be useless without the matching kernel, but if anyone is willing to invest time to realy find out i can provide the drivers (*.ko files)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@neotronic, I expected such situation, but there was a small hope anyway :smile:

 

@IG-88, please post those drivers here. Maybe someone will find it useful to build working loader for hyper-v.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a real DS1812 plus 2 DX512 expansions. 

I also have 4-5 Mediasmart headless units. The three that are in question are all EX495s actually. 

 

I have not done any upgrading the xpenology on 2 of these units because, well they just work. and I try not to fix what is not broken, however when I attempted to do a bare bones install of the latest on a 3rd EX495 I cannot get the realtek network card to operate stable. on the previous two I had the same issue and I believe this stems from the driver in the kernel. I know enough about linux to be dangerous and thats about it. My questions are the following: I can get the system to load stable with 1.02b jun loader, and select latest from synology for pat file via web. Works every time As soon as a transfer a large file as a test, it crashes the NIC. This is because i believe according to grep command it has the RT8169 driver loaded for what is the RT8168 in the headless unit. I 'do have a debug cable" btw as I own many of these mediasmart units. Its my understanding this was fixed in 1.02b so it loads the correct driver. So why is it crashing now. Im not sure I know where to find the correct extra.lzma file for the version used. There are so many files out there and apparently they are kernel dependent OR pat file dependent on version , correct?

 

I was able to replace drivers on 5.2.5644 - They run flawlessly and are untouched. ....almost makes me want to just set this up on the third one since it just works, but I try to stay current and would like get 6.1 working correctly. These are Core duo , 2gb ram, base machines from HP. It appears when i try to upgrade the extra.lzma it freezes upon boot, or worse, unmounts the volume and array, this would indicate wrong version i believe. 

 

Here is what I have done so far. 

Followed the guide to a T - 

I can mount image replace, extra-lzma file etc. 

Do I need to touch ramdisk.lzma, If so I have no idea where it is ? Built into the kernel?

Is there a simple way just to replace the nic driver with the correct one from realtek on this build?

The pat file cant have anything do do with it, because it freezes before booting the first time with the extra.lzma that i attempt , I assume you can either replace in .synoboot.img file or just copy and paste as once the drive is imaged with win32Diskimage, the 15mb and 30mb partitions are available to copy and paste too. I am always using notepad II to edit .cfg files by the way. Im not a complete idiot, just need this driver fixed. I have .ssh shell of course too to do any troubleshooting, It is set to gigabit on network driver as well. 

 

This is a known issue with the RT8168 nic, as the RT8169 driver is loaded by default by the loader. How to force the RT8168 driver for it?

 

Help Please!!!

 

Last question: If i cant figure this out, Is it feasable to image the USB drive from working expenology and reset so the drivers and everything are intact on 5.2.5644 for the nic card issue, and just set up my volumes to start a new xpenology with clean drives.??? ie. copy usb image to new usb drive for new nas. Then wipe and clear for fresh start and new volume. Sorry for long post, hoping get some help here.  I know the extra.lzma was the answer to people having to compile their own drivers, I just cannot figure out what is broken about the process for my unit. Just to clarify, i know exactly how to boot these units with drives in all bays. I have several of them and experience. As soon as the network card blinks off on for about 3 seconds. (there are other windows as well) USB Drive needs to be in lowest slot on back of unit. slide the drive in bay 0 or the bay towards the bottom   Meta # ex495,ex490,mediasmart, ex485, ex470, rt8168

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.