XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

3 hours ago, tamamma said:

Hi there, I've setted up a DS3615xs with DSM 6.0.2-8451 with 1.0.1 Loader

I would like to change to DS915 with 1.0.2b loader what have i to do?

Is there any way to do this change without losing data?

get a new usb stick, download loader for 916, put it on the stick, edit the cfg!

boot with the stick an choose migrate when asked (or make a test install on another hard diks)

you can test new loader with the new usb stick. in case its not working you can change back to old stick

ONCE YOU HAVE MIGRATED the data on your productive disk a downgrade is not possible the same way!

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm running dsm 6.1 update 4 916+ on baremetal pentium G4400 with 6 drives 32 gb ram. Everything is ok.

But i've discovered Virtual machine manager. It's very usefull for me but I can't run mode than 2 vm with 2 vcpu. According to me it's because DS916+ has only 4 cores.

Is it possible to turn around this (maybe using  DS 3617XS 4 core 8 threads)

@jun You and the community have made a fantastic work. Thanks a lot.

I installed 6.1.3 and update after to V6 with load 1.2b, all good, and after a day of clean installing at 7-8 PM the webgui stop working showing: Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.

I log in on root and i saw in /var/log/nginx/error.log

2017/10/10 21:10:17 [crit] 10664#10664: *1 connect() to unix:/run/synoscgi.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.11.48, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://unix:/run/synoscgi.sock:", host: "192.168.11.56:5000"

The socket is not here because the synoscgi can't start because of this error error while loading shared libraries:

/lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header

Hardware specs:

HP Microserver Gen8 

CPU: G2020T

RAM: 16 GB

Virtualized: ESXI 6.0

Any ideeas?

Edited by Centos

On 10/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, therxavi said:

Hello,

I'm running dsm 6.1 update 4 916+ on baremetal pentium G4400 with 6 drives 32 gb ram. Everything is ok.

But i've discovered Virtual machine manager. It's very usefull for me but I can't run mode than 2 vm with 2 vcpu. According to me it's because DS916+ has only 4 cores.

Is it possible to turn around this (maybe using  DS 3617XS 4 core 8 threads)

@jun You and the community have made a fantastic work. Thanks a lot.

image.png.763beb63abfab09f7e15faa014cec654.png

Can somebody install Virtual Machine Manager beta and tell me how many Vcpu with how many real cores ?

3 hours ago, therxavi said:

image.png.763beb63abfab09f7e15faa014cec654.png

Can somebody install Virtual Machine Manager beta and tell me how many Vcpu with how many real cores ?

Tried on another system with Intel 3770K (4 cores 8 threads) with DS3617XS more Vcpu but I don't know if it's because of 3617XS or the CPU :

image.png.8852a0919cc89044e17ecc2e464d8586.png

I wanna update to dsm 6.1 with the latest loader but I got an AMD CPU. Now I checked for this C1E function in my UEFI but nothing is found.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have an ASRock motherboard and AMD-E350M1 (Onboard CPU).

I do have cool and quiet mode, automatic mode (if i am not mistaken) and S6/C6 mode orsomething.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:41 PM, SteinerKD said:

I have run the latest XPEnology DSM/bootloader in ESXi with no problems. I just made a regular USB stick for installation and passed it through to the VM machine, then did a regular "bare metal" install of it. Just set the VM machine to boot into bios (UEFI) (and enable EFI), then in the virtual UEFI set the USB as boot device.
Any particular problems you have? Specific errors?

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was able to installed the latest DSM successfully following this video, even the video shows VMware Workstation Pro, I was able to replicate the same install on my esxi 6.0 environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zeekworld said:

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was able to installed the latest DSM successfully following this video, even the video shows VMware Workstation Pro, I was able to replicate the same install on my esxi 6.0 environment.

Haha, if you check the comments under that video me and him are having a few discussions. :)

On 10/13/2017 at 6:41 PM, kasimu said:

Hi, It‘s this loader don't support the RTL8111H Network card?:o

it doesn't work on my gigabyte h87tn  Motherboard :cry:

it does, as there are two possible drivers you might try both version

(you do not write much about what you did so its hard to tell where the problem is, i'd expect someting else then a r8168/r8169 driver problem - damn it i should have bin more serious when we had crystal ball gazing at school ;-) )

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IG-88 said:

it does, as there are two possible drivers you might try both version

(you do not write much about what you did so its hard to tell where the problem is, i'd expect someting else then a r8168/r8169 driver problem - damn it i should have bin more serious when we had crystal ball gazing at school ;-) )

Possibility of driver extension for jun 1.02b/3617xs Please ?  So I can migrate my Dell R710 ...

On 2017-10-10 at 8:23 PM, Centos said:

I installed 6.1.3 and update after to V6 with load 1.2b, all good, and after a day of clean installing at 7-8 PM the webgui stop working showing: Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.

I log in on root and i saw in /var/log/nginx/error.log

The socket is not here because the synoscgi can't start because of this error error while loading shared libraries:

Hardware specs:

HP Microserver Gen8 

CPU: G2020T

RAM: 16 GB

Virtualized: ESXI 6.0

Any ideeas?

Pretty much same setup but barebone and ACHI mode but exact same problem. 

Seems to be a common problem regardless of DSM version.

12 hours ago, Masrawy said:

Is this topic unlocked now :D. Any other developments coming?

Nothing coming as far as I am aware. I simply reopened it but in all honesty this topic is kind of obsolete and should only be used to ask very specific questions about the loader (v1.02b) internals. All other questions relating to install, support and whatnot should be asked in the appropriate section of the forum.

If a new loader is to come then I think a new topic would need to be opened anyway to start on a clean slate.

I will be following closely this thread and if it starts going sideways again like it did before I will then lock it permanently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 5:34 PM, tamamma said:

Hi there, I've setted up a DS3615xs with DSM 6.0.2-8451 with 1.0.1 Loader

I would like to change to DS915 with 1.0.2b loader what have i to do?

Is there any way to do this change without losing data?

Just curious... why change from DS915 -> DS3615xs,

G