XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

On 26/07/2017 at 2:01 AM, medric said:

I have downgrade my lsi 9211-it sas2008 from p20 to p19 and i still does not work using jun 1.02b ds3617 6.1.3

can someone respond?

Hi, I'm working on ESXi v6 with a DELL H310 flashed LSI 9211-it P20, with jun 1.02b DS3617 6.1.3, and no issue together with external enclosure of x4 HDD 10Tb ...

BUT, I'm not in passthrough mode, I simply use the mapping of drives in VM configuration (perf. are very good with transfer speed ~98 Mbps from my PC to HDD)

No change or configuration, the H310 is directly recognized by ESXi, HDD shown in storage configuration, with the x4 HDD, I simply mapped each drive with command

vmkfstools -z /vmfs/devices/disks/<drive id> ./DISKS/<given drive name>.vmdk

and then, add them to the VM (add drive, existing one, persistent etc.)

Hope this help ...

4 hours ago, satdream said:

Hi, I'm working on ESXi v6 with a DELL H310 flashed LSI 9211-it P20, with jun 1.02b DS3617 6.1.3, and no issue together with external enclosure of x4 HDD 10Tb ...

BUT, I'm not in passthrough mode, I simply use the mapping of drives in VM configuration (perf. are very good with transfer speed ~98 Mbps from my PC to HDD)

No change or configuration, the H310 is directly recognized by ESXi, HDD shown in storage configuration, with the x4 HDD, I simply mapped each drive with command

vmkfstools -z /vmfs/devices/disks/<drive id> ./DISKS/<given drive name>.vmdk

and then, add them to the VM (add drive, existing one, persistent etc.)

Hope this help ...

I am not sure what happen to this card it works with windows and bios sees in in both computer however the other card works fine i have two cards one p20 9211 and a p19 9240 flash to it mode which bios sees b ut does not load properly in xpe

On 7/27/2017 at 10:57 AM, Elpee said:

Check your firmware version.

Mine are 20.00.04.00 and 20.00.07.00. Both work.

yeah its odd my 9211 card works both windows and xpe the 9240 flash to it mode works windows load in bios drives are found but xpe has issues with it. i will look at it some more later this week

Hi everyone,

I got a HP Data Vault X510. It was running the latest 5.2 DSM until this week. I then updated to 6.0.2 using Polainskimans tutorial and the 1.01 Bootloader with extra.lzma. First tried without my data drives, installed to a new HDD. Everything worked fine. After this I made the update to my actual system, used the first option in bootloader, installed the .pat file and made a migration of data and settings.

Since then the NIC had problems. It runs all normal when the port on the switch is set to 100MBit/s but the NIC keeps turning off and on again when setting the port to 1GBit/s.

I tested again with the fresh installed HDD and there it runs without problems on 1GBit/s.

I checked the network settings in DSM as far as possible, because there are not all options availabe when set to 100MBit/s, but everything looks normal. As far as I know the X510 is nearly the same as the EX495 so the NIC should be a "RT8168".

Any ideas on how to fix this? Could it work again with an update to 6.1?

Regards, Rudi

• Like 1

Indeed the 510 datavault is the sibling to the consumer EX495. 

Are you still running parity check on your volume by chance. Mine has settled down and now the nic is no longer dropping off, Im not sure what that has to do with it unless its a resources issue. 

However, I have successfully transfered 1.4TB without a crash. I did do the update 1 pat file as well. I have MTU set to 4000. Not sure if i want to push it further as there are known issues with DSM 6.1.x  I am currently on 6.1.3 with update 1 applied using 1.02b loader untouched. It is sustaining 90MB to 110MB transfers now. and 40MB over usb 2.0 on the EX495.   There is hope. 

• Like 1

Hi all, yesterday I have upgraded both my N54L to latest DSM 6.1.3-15152 using Jun's 1.02b loader, it works if you disable C1E support in bios, I am using a modified bios, all 5 drives are running without issues and all data and packages migrated without any problems.

13 hours ago, nc88keyz said:

Are you still running parity check on your volume by chance. Mine has settled down and now the nic is no longer dropping off, Im not sure what that has to do with it unless its a resources issue.

Nothing running in background as far as I can say. Looks like its completly idle but still the same error. I think I'll give 6.1 a try when I'm home today.

I also read about the MTU size problem, but it's one of the options that is not available if the NIC is on 100MBit/s speed, so I can't adjust the value, but I think in the clean install it was even set over 4000 and no problems.

On 30/7/2017 at 7:02 AM, koroziv said:

Here is an ovf with the latest version dsm installed (DS3615xs)

https://mega.nz/#!t8xiVJ6K!aOmfjy8w-DSFTDKn7eX_8-0PSW6E1_PsWk8JDkJin7A

It is dsm 6.1.3-15152 update 1; login with user admin and password 123456

I just created a volume and a folder in it to test, didn't touch any settings in there.

working fine on esxi 6.5 on a hp gen8 microserver

the vm is hw version 13, you need esxi 6.5 to use this ovf; you can convert to lower hw versions for older esxi  

If you have another xpeno vm running check the mac address and change if necessary; or just stop any other xpeno vm before running this one.

For a better result I will make the following change:

- add a sata controller and connect hdd 1 (xpe.vmdk) to it on port sata0:0

- move hdd2 (xpe_1.vmdk) to scsi controller 0 port 0 and remove scsi controller 1

In this way you will see in DSM only data disk and not the boot disk with state "not initialised"

Ciao

ema

• Like 3

im using 1.02b loader and 6.1.3 with update 1 applies. has stabilized. mtu set at 4k.. it 5.2.5644 it is set at 9k or maximum setring. although i think from putty it shows 6400 with ethtool. i can verify that in a few.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Rudistar said:

Nothing running in background as far as I can say. Looks like its completly idle but still the same error. I think I'll give 6.1 a try when I'm home today.

I also read about the MTU size problem, but it's one of the options that is not available if the NIC is on 100MBit/s speed, so I can't adjust the value, but I think in the clean install it was even set over 4000 and no problems.

5.2.5644 (ex495)

> ethtool -i eth0
driver: r8168
version: 8.040.00-NAPI
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:03:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: no
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

6.1.3.15152 "Update 1"  with 1.02b jun loader (ex495)

ethtool -i eth0
driver: r8168
version: 8.044.02-NAPI
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:03:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: no
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

On 30. 7. 2017 at 7:02 AM, koroziv said:

I just created a volume and a folder in it to test, didn't touch any settings in there.

the vm is hw version 13, you need esxi 6.5 to use this ovf; you can convert to lower hw versions for older esxi  

If you have another xpeno vm running check the mac address and change if necessary; or just stop any other xpeno vm before running this one.

5 hours ago, ema said:

For a better result I will make the following change:

- add a sata controller and connect hdd 1 (xpe.vmdk) to it on port sata0:0

- move hdd2 (xpe_1.vmdk) to scsi controller 0 port 0 and remove scsi controller 1

In this way you will see in DSM only data disk and not the boot disk with state "not initialised"

Ciao

ema

Thank you very much for OVF! One question: Is the existing data disk from DSM6.0.2 transferred to this new OVF? When I copy the DSM settings from old to new.

Hi guys,

I have ESXi 6.0 and DSM 6.1 with 1.02b jun loader. Everything works perfect except file transfer from share to computer or vice versa. After few seconds it stops. I just tried almost everything and cant find solution :(

Please help if you have any idea or you had the same problem in past.

thanks

14 hours ago, palcica said:

Hi guys,

I have ESXi 6.0 and DSM 6.1 with 1.02b jun loader. Everything works perfect except file transfer from share to computer or vice versa. After few seconds it stops. I just tried almost everything and cant find solution :(

Please help if you have any idea or you had the same problem in past.

thanks

hi, same issue as on post 1  : i posted that a while ago, i had issue on my asrock mainboard and also on my new hp gen microserver

i am now back to baremetal, no issues then

no solution for me yet :smile:

seems  i am not the only one :smile:

On 7/30/2017 at 0:02 AM, koroziv said:

Can you make one of these using the DS916 and DS3617 image for VMware please.

Also how would you change the serial number or mac number on a VMWARE image, like the one you made above. I tried your ovf image and it worked great on my VMWARE server.  I would like to change it so I can use the same image on another server, please advise thanks....Great work guys! I have tried using the ISO files posted and they don't boot in the VMWARE if used as a cd for installing...

Edited by painkiller895

Hi,

I want only to inform that v1.02b, DS3615xs, 6.1.3/15152, install from scratch (1st main disk, rest attached and repair by few clicks) is working on bare metal:

ASRock AM1H-ITX , AMD 5150, all 4 port SATA works (2 AMD, 2 ASMedia)

Lan MTU 9000, USB 3.0, all packets so far also works. Only with transmission had some permission problems, but on all new dsm 6.x up have that.

Thx for great work.

1.PNG

36 minutes ago, grequ22 said:

Hi,

I want only to inform that v1.02b, DS3615xs, 6.1.3/15152, install from scratch (1st main disk, rest attached and repair by few clicks) is working on bare metal:

ASRock AM1H-ITX , AMD 5150, all 4 port SATA works (2 AMD, 2 ASMedia)

Lan MTU 9000, USB 3.0, all packets so far also works. Only with transmission had some permission problems, but on all new dsm 6.x up have that.

Thx for great work.

Good for you! (but not for me 😞) 

I've a DSM 5.2 with 4 hdd perfectly working, but I can't update to DSM 6: I've an Asrock H81M-HDS mainboard that have two sata 3 ports and two sata2 ports. When I try to update it to DSM 6, it shows this error: there are failures with the HDDs on SATA Port 5 and 6 and that the SATA Ports has been disabled

Did you encountered the same problem? Do you know how can I fix it? Thanks! 

11 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Can you make one of these using the DS916 and DS3617 image for VMware please.

Also how would you change the serial number or mac number on a VMWARE image, like the one you made above. I tried your ovf image and it worked great on my VMWARE server.  I would like to change it so I can use the same image on another server, please advise thanks....Great work guys! I have tried using the ISO files posted and they don't boot in the VMWARE if used as a cd for installing...

In this topic you wil find how to change mac and sn after installation:

Never tried DS916 and DS3617, and I don't have much time to play with them; I can't make any promise, my resources are also limited (4gb free on the only datastore I have ATM)

On 7/31/2017 at 4:30 PM, misut22 said:

Thank you very much for OVF! One question: Is the existing data disk from DSM6.0.2 transferred to this new OVF? When I copy the DSM settings from old to new.

I transferred my data disk to a new created vm with no issues; I'm using RDM (vmdk files pointing to fizical drives). Remove the drives from the old vm, add them to the new one and boot; it will give an error message at start but it will fix it without losing the data. I do this one drive at the time, I think it is safer; try first with a drive that does not contain critical data, if you have problems at least you don't lose much...

Also I do not transfer the settings between vm's, I just make them again on the new one.

@ema

Initially I had the new vm set up with boot from sata controller but I could not find the vm on the network so I changed various things  to try and make it work; the issue was the mac address witch was the same as on my old vm, and after I fixed that I forgot to get back to my usual vm config. Thanks for the input, any advice is always welcomed.

Anyone can change the vm after deployment, cpu ram controllers etc to their liking. You cand also remove the install drive (keep the boot drive, the 50mb one), create a new one and make a fresh install using DS916 and DS3617 or the same DS3615 pat file that I used.

I forgot to mention that the vm is using Jun's 1.02b loader; Thanks Jun :smile:

Edited by koroziv
  • Like 1