XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

5 hours ago, m3rlinux said:

Baremetal: HP Gen8
Update to 6.1.3.-15152

By: Automatic Update
Note: After update I waited I while then I performed an hard reset (reboot).

All seems working.

Glad to hear its working fine for you. I want to update my HP Gen8 as well. Haven't been busy with XPEnology for sometime but now see this update :grin:

Currently the HP Gen8 thinks its a DS3615xs with the following software:

DS3615xs
DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 7

Should i remain using the DS3615xs or can i update it to an DS3617? 

31 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

Glad to hear its working fine for you. I want to update my HP Gen8 as well. Haven't been busy with XPEnology for sometime but now see this update :grin:

Currently the HP Gen8 thinks its a DS3615xs with the following software:

DS3615xs
DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 7

Should i remain using the DS3615xs or can i update it to an DS3617? 

Gen8 use old generation of Intel Core CPU. If DS3615xs works for you very well, no point to do something meaningless without any advantage.

If It Works, Don't Touch It.

18 hours ago, maxime said:

There's no way to upgrade my XPEnology! :?
I've always got this error:  ”Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)".
I'm 300% sure my VID and PID are right (I tried 3 differents USB Key), I also tried to edit grub on startup, but it doesn't work.
On tutorial for Jun's v1.01 
bootloader is written: If you got error 13 then try to 'Force Install'... but Jun's v1.02b bootloader have not this choose.

I choosed menù 2 REINSTALL but I've got the same error.
And now, what can I do?!? I'm so depressed... 

PS: I Tried DS3615 and DS3617 too

take a look at the 1.02a grub.cfg script, you will know how to add a menu option with "Force Install".

1 minute ago, mirek said:

3615xs → automatic update to 15152 and crash, not work ipv4 but router see ipv6. Is any way to repair this or connect via ipv6:5000 ??

upgrade 3615XS to 3617, everything's fine, and totally last update rons smoothly. Maybe a 3617 loader, and reinstall (migrate)  will be best method. 

• Like 1

I am currently using VMware EXSi 6.5 on a VM with DS3617xs on DSM 6.1.2-15132, all working fine. When trying to update to DSM 6.1.3-15152 using the autoupdate it immediately fails with "Unknown error occurs (21)" and returns me to the un-updated GUI. I have also tried a manual update, after downloading the file "DSM_DS3617xs_15152.pat", manual update also immediately fails with "Unknown error occurs (21)".

How can I update please?

Edited by speedyrazor

11 hours ago, Hooligan said:

same here, HP Gen8 

auto update - hard reset. all work fine. 

11 hours ago, m3rlinux said:

Baremetal: HP Gen8
Update to 6.1.3.-15152

By: Automatic Update
Note: After update I waited I while then I performed an hard reset (reboot).

All seems working.

how do a hard reset? or you mean a reboot from/with iLO Web-GUI?

1 minute ago, R0KH said:

Time for upgrading to DSM 6 is at hand (for me)! Currently backing up data and then some hard- and software upgrades, probably a clean install rebuilding arrays, so will post my findings after everything is done. 8-)

To wich version? and how are you upgrading?

Just now, niomar said:

I'm probably not really upgrading from DSM 5.2 which I'm currently running on and will clean install the whole thing. I will go straight to the most recent version 6.1.3 build 15152 as I see several positive reports already about upgrading to this version, so a clean install shouldn't be a problem either. System is baremetal, so no ESXi. 

8 minutes ago, R0KH said:

I'm probably not really upgrading from DSM 5.2 which I'm currently running on and will clean install the whole thing. I will go straight to the most recent version 6.1.3 build 15152 as I see several positive reports already about upgrading to this version, so a clean install shouldn't be a problem either. System is baremetal, so no ESXi. 

Good luck! 

29 minutes ago, niomar said:

Today i upgraded my baremetal asrock q1900, from old 5.2 to newest 6.1.3. 15152. Old DS3615 loader  to new 1.0.2b DS3617, firstly switch off my nas, pull pendrive, at my computer simple copy my usb vpid serial, etc, (this data depending only pendrive, so i don't want change it)  and watch the 1st post of this topic, follow steps. That was a simple migrate, booted with new usb image, synology assistant connect to nas, new pat (6.1.2-15153) install manually, then wait few minutes,  reboot, and then i  updated it with webinterface, restart, now, after 6 hrs everything works.  

Edited by Rick4

1 minute ago, Rick4 said:

Today i upgraded my batemetal asrock q1900, from old 5.2 to newest 6.1.3. 15152. Old DS3615 lader  to new 1.0.2b DS3617, firstly switch off my nas, pull pendrive, at my computer simple copy my usb vpid serial, etc, (this data depending only pendrive, so i do't want change it)  and watch the 1st post, follow steps. That was a simple migrate, booted with new usb image, synology assistant connect to nas, new pat (6.1.2-15153) install manually, then wait few minutes,  reboot, and then i  updated it with webinterface, restart, now, after 6 hrs everything works.  

Nice! I used to run mine baremetal and that was easier than the VM version. I am looking for a clear how-to...