XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Synology isn't loading anymore.

I shut the system down to install another hdd and after a reboot I can't access the control panel or any shares. I tried taking the HDD out but still nothing.

Do you have network connection?

If not, it is possible that you ran into the upgrade issue many had, which killed the network drivers.

Synology isn't loading anymore.

I shut the system down to install another hdd and after a reboot I can't access the control panel or any shares. I tried taking the HDD out but still nothing.

Do you have network connection?

If not, it is possible that you ran into the upgrade issue many had, which killed the network drivers.

do you know if there is a fix for that upgrade issue?

Can anyone tell me if you need to reformat your HDD and remove all of the old Synology files in order to perform a bare metal install? When I choose clean install on the migrate screen, I keep getting error code 13.

Edited by Guest

Can anyone tell me if you need to reformat your HDD and remove all of the old Synology files in order to perform a bare metal install? When I choose clean install on the migrate screen, I keep getting error code 13.

Hi, I have bare metal just install with latest DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 from 6.0.2

I create a bootable disk from 1.0.2a2

Change VID & PID for my flashdrive

Change MAC ADDRESS : you can use this guide how to change http://xpenology.me/how-to-generate-synology-mac-and-serial-valid-pair/

Plug in flashdrive, boot it up

type find.synology.com, click migrate from DS3615 to DS3617

Click migrate again for clean install.

and Wait, Done.

My baremetal able to boot now I will copy some files and test it.

Hi, I have bare metal just install with latest DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 from 6.0.2

Change MAC ADDRESS : you can use this guide how to change http://xpenology.me/how-to-generate-synology-mac-and-serial-valid-pair/

and Wait, Done.

@astrorion Thank you for the suggestion. I have a 4 core CPU, does this work for an Core i7? The DS3617 is meant for more cores.

and Wait, Done.

@astrorion Thank you for the suggestion. I have a 4 core CPU, does this work for an Core i7? The DS3617 is meant for more cores.

I have not tested Core i7, as my baremetal is Core i5 4th Gen, I don't think DS3617 need more core.

I have copy 5 X 1TB files simultaneously, my CPU usage MAX reach is 50%