XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I have a GA-H170N-WIFI but only 1 LAN is working.

Intel I219V chip and the other one controlled by an Intel I211AT chip.

in DSM network shown I have 2 LAN. but actually 1 is not working.

Anything I can troubleshoot here?

Same here ! Only one works.

If i use the mac of the realtek lan, the realtek works.

If i use the mac of the intel lan, the intel work.

They work only as one, not both of them work. I have to set mac1=MAC, when i set mac2=MAC (this isn't working).

my grub:

------

serial --port=0x3F8 --speed=115200

terminal_input serial console

terminal_output serial console

set default='0'

set timeout='1'

set fallback='0'

insmod part_msdos

insmod part_gpt

set locale_dir=$prefix/locale

set lang=en_US

menuentry 'Synology DS3615xs' --class os {

insmod fat

linux $img/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x0781 pid=0x5580 console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=C8LWN00821 mac1=408D5CFFDEDA mac2=408D5CFFDEDG withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet

set img=$prefix/../image/DS3615xs

initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma

}

------

Thank to all passionate who participates in this performance !

2) With this version of ramdisk (DS3615xs), is it possible to use "Virtual DSM" feature ?

Rikk

You need btfrs for Virtual DSM... I suppose you're using ext4 because you have migrated your volume from DSM 5.2, so you have to backup, format and restore data back.

Ciao

ema

Thank you for this clarification.

Rikk

Thank to all passionate who participates in this performance !

2) With this version of ramdisk (DS3615xs), is it possible to use "Virtual DSM" feature ?

Rikk

You need btfrs for Virtual DSM... I suppose you're using ext4 because you have migrated your volume from DSM 5.2, so you have to backup, format and restore data back.

Ciao

ema

Thank you for this clarification.

Rikk

I am using GA-H170N-WIFI, I manually extract the file to individual folder but doesn't seem the power button is working.

My error. The S30acpid.sh has to be in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ otherwise the acpid daemon is not started on boot. Just type this under root user:

mv /usr/syno/etc/rc.sysv/S30acpid.sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/S30acpid.sh

Or download updated power-off.tar.gz.

Then restart your nas or start acpid daemon with:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/S30acpid.sh start

Good day, everyone :wink:

Could you please help me or show in which direction i should investigate? =)

I has the following problem.

Trying to install DSM 6.0.2-8451 into Proxmox VM.

I got jun-baremetal-uefi-arcao-v2.img, convert it into qcow2 disk. (Thanks to Arcao :smile: )

Connect it into VM, setted as UEFI boot.

Xpenology booted Ok. But when I try to install DSM_DS3615xs_8451.pat I always totting error 13 - "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)".

Here is my grub.cfg

# cat ~/xpe/grub/grub.cfg 
set default='0'
set timeout='5'
set fallback='0'
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt
set lang=en_US

insmod fat
linux $img/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=ata_piix console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=B2LWN08140 mac1=001132FFB5A0 withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet
initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma
}

I read that error 13 related to wrong vid/pid, but I don't really know which of them I have to use. Because VM booting from IDE.

Here is VM config file

# cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/111.conf 
bios: ovmf
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 1
efidisk0: local:111/vm-111-disk-3.qcow2,size=128K
ide0: local:111/vm-111-xp-uefi.qcow2
memory: 512
net0: e1000=00:11:32:FF:B5:A0,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
ostype: l26
sata0: local:111/vm-111-disk-2.qcow2,size=320G
scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci
smbios1: uuid=9d85a89b-043d-4bf8-9c9d-9955c1add4e0
sockets: 1

Would be very appreciated for any help :wink:

Good day, everyone :wink:

Could you please help me or show in which direction i should investigate? =)

I has the following problem.

Trying to install DSM 6.0.2-8451 into Proxmox VM.

I got jun-baremetal-uefi-arcao-v2.img, convert it into qcow2 disk. (Thanks to Arcao :smile: )

Connect it into VM, setted as UEFI boot.

Xpenology booted Ok. But when I try to install DSM_DS3615xs_8451.pat I always totting error 13 - "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)".

Here is my grub.cfg

# cat ~/xpe/grub/grub.cfg 
set default='0'
set timeout='5'
set fallback='0'
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt
set lang=en_US

insmod fat
linux $img/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=ata_piix console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=B2LWN08140 mac1=001132FFB5A0 withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet
initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma
}

I read that error 13 related to wrong vid/pid, but I don't really know which of them I have to use. Because VM booting from IDE.

Here is VM config file

# cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/111.conf 
bios: ovmf
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 1
efidisk0: local:111/vm-111-disk-3.qcow2,size=128K
ide0: local:111/vm-111-xp-uefi.qcow2
memory: 512
net0: e1000=00:11:32:FF:B5:A0,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
ostype: l26
sata0: local:111/vm-111-disk-2.qcow2,size=320G
scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci
smbios1: uuid=9d85a89b-043d-4bf8-9c9d-9955c1add4e0
sockets: 1

Would be very appreciated for any help :wink:

You want to use the bios/uefi.img and add new disk in kvm as usb drive. Then set your vid/pid to your usb. To find your usb info run the following:

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

To make it easier

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices |grep -e "^$" -e "Vendor" -e "Manufacturer" -e "Product" -e "usb-storage" | grep -vE 'hci|HCI|3.10'

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I've created a tutorial for baremetal migration from dsm 5.2 to dsm 6.0 in English so this thread can re-focus on development matters. Hope it helps. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

Change mac1=0011322CA785 to mac1=[your mac address] You can also add mac2=[our mac2 address] if you have a 2nd NIC.

i have try to add mac2=MYMAC and doesn't work :sad:

It works only with one lan card, not both of them.

any ideas ?

Not knowing what your hardware is, it is difficult to help. MB manufacturers don't always use the same NICs on the motherboard. My MB for example has 2 NICs, one being from Intel on LAN1 and the other one from Atheros on LAN2.

Edited by Guest

Same here ! Only one works.

If i use the mac of the realtek lan, the realtek works.

If i use the mac of the intel lan, the intel work.

They work only as one, not both of them work. I have to set mac1=MAC, when i set mac2=MAC (this isn't working).

Not really sure what the problem is but I though that both NICs on that MB were intel chips. Have you tried a bios reset? Make sure you haven't set your router with fixed IPs with different mac addressed that you are using in the grub or it my might create some conflict.

Just guessing so don't quote me on this!

Edited by Guest

Supporting AMD CPUs require complete kernel recompilation. Kernel sources for DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 is not available, only DSM 6 beta 7274.

Jun has patched the kernel with AMD support. This is for the brave people >>> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216#p72624

Edited by Guest

I've created a tutorial for baremetal migration from dsm 5.2 to dsm 6.0 in English so this thread can re-focus on development matters. Hope it helps. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

Change mac1=0011322CA785 to mac1=[your mac address] You can also add mac2=[our mac2 address] if you have a 2nd NIC.

i have try to add mac2=MYMAC and doesn't work :sad:

It works only with one lan card, not both of them.

any ideas ?

Not knowing what your hardware is, it is difficult to help. MB manufacturers don't always use the same NICs on the motherboard. My MB for example has 2 NICS, one being and Intel chip on LAN1 and the other an Atheros chip on LAN2.

I have the gigabye h97 wifi rev1.1 Motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=5253#sp with:

Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN1)

Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN2)

Polanskiman, can you post your grub.cfg configuration please ?

Tadaaaaaaaaa. :smile:

Working on a AMD E350 board (http://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/e350m1/), even with migrating the one HDD I used with it. Only changed the PID and VID from the USB stick that I used in the grub.cfg.

I have transfer rates of 10 MB/s, even though the drive does 85 MB/s and the board has an Gbit LAN port. DSM shows the Gbit LAN port as well. I will reset the harddrive and see if there is a change.

Great work, jun!

edit:

memo to myself: turn on the second Gbit switch, so you don´t have the wifi speed in your network from your laptop in the docking station. :grin:

speeds (read/write):

no encrypted folder 105MB/105MB

encrypted folder 40MB/37MB

So I think it would have worked with the migrated system as well. The harddrive seems to be faster as I thought. Update to 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 worked as well.

Thanks again!

Edited by Guest

Jun has recompiled with AMD support. This is for the brave people >>> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216#p72624

Ooooh! I'll try it :ugeek::grin:

What I've done on my HP N40L Gen7 Microserver...
  1. From Arcao's Mega folder linked from THIS POST, I used the dsm6.0.2-8451.2/v2/jun-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v2.zip file to flash a USB flash drive with the Win32 Disk Imager tool
  2. deleted the file zImage located on the USB drive under USB:\image\DS3615xs
  3. copied bzImage from THIS POST (for AMD systems) to same folder (USB:\image\DS3615xs) & renamed to zImage
  4. Used Flash Drive Information Extractor to get USB flash drive's VID & PID
  5. Updated grub.cfg (updated sn, mac1, vid & pid, and added SataPortMap & mac2. Of course they aren't all x's :wink: )
    set default='0'
    set timeout='1'
    set fallback='0'

insmod	fat
    linux	/image/DS3615xs/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 SataPortMap=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x05DC pid=0xA761 console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=xxxxxxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxxxxxxx mac2=xxxxxxxxxxxx withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet
    initrd	/image/DS3615xs/ramdisk.lzma
    }

6. Installed USB to internal USB port on System Board and booted server
  7. Migrated to latest DSM 6 (6.0.2-8451)
  8. Waited for database update to complete (see Notifications panel for confirmation when this is done)
  9. Updated to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2
  10. So far so good :ugeek:

Thanks to both Arcao & jun! :grin:

Edited by Guest

Great job Arcao & jun!! Excellent. Got DSM 6 update 2 running on HP N54L AMD Turion II. Sooooo happy!. Migration went well, updated all packages flawlessly with one exception for my docker images. Everything running smoothly. Such a great job!! Much appreciated. Keep this community going guys! :grin:

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone trying to make this new dsm work, excellent job!

Now, i have a Dell PERC H200 flashed to a LSI 9211-8i, it was working perfectly on DSM 5.2 but on this one as long as the card is plugged, nothing boot, i get the "Booting Kernel" screen but never find the NAS on the network, without it, no problem, everything goes smoothly.I'm using the arcao V2 image. If anyone knows a easy fix, let me know

Thanks

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone trying to make this new dsm work, excellent job!

Now, i have a Dell PERC H200 flashed to a LSI 9211-8i, it was working perfectly on DSM 5.2 but on this one as long as the card is plugged, nothing boot, i get the "Booting Kernel" screen but never find the NAS on the network, without it, no problem, everything goes smoothly.I'm using the arcao V2 image. If anyone knows a easy fix, let me know

Thanks

I am very sure there won't be a fix for this one until the proper source code is released.

For all KVM users, i did the following;

hF1vEvs.png

downloaded the latest 'jun img'-file

mounted with read-write permissions

edited the 'grub.cfg'-file with an valid MAC-SN (used the same from my DSM 5.5 installation) and the VID+PID (vid=0x46f4 pid=0x0001)

changed my virtual MAC-address (same as 'grub.cfg' via "virsh edit vm_name")

booted via text-console

used the browser to start the installation

used the official 'DSM_DS3615xs_8451.pat' file

created btrfs without problems

updated to '6.0.2-8451 Update 2'

Good luck!

Edited by Guest

Hello!

I tried a new install DSM 6 in my HP Gen8.

I used Arcao latest image V2.

1. Make bootable usb.

2. Edite grub.cfg with valid VID+PID and gen8 mac address, with original serial.

3. Boot

4. I found the nas with web assistant.

5. I tried install and i received the 13 error message.

The Vid and PID is OK. Somebody has an idea what's the problem?