XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I just created a new boot drive with the latest loader, problem remains the same...

EDIT : got it working!

For anyone running baremetal and experiencing trouble getting an IP with update 9, try the "AMD" boot entry on the boot menu, even if you're not using AMD hardware.

I also did this, worked for me too.. thanks!

Im running bare metal on a N54l

Anyone have same problem about "Cannot power off via web/ssh" in the physical PC??

There is some information of my PC:

CPU: G530

MB: H61 Chipset with 3SATAs port

I used DSM 5.2 before, there is no problem when power off the NAS from WEB.

When I upgrade to DSM6.0 or clean install DSM6.0, I try to power off NAS and it keeps still runningm,but stop all services included DSM web / ssh / etc.

Is it the same problem abou ACPI config -power button like N54L, Gen8 ?

I just created a new boot drive with the latest loader, problem remains the same...

For anyone running baremetal and experiencing trouble getting an IP with update 9, try the "AMD" boot entry on the boot menu, even if you're not using AMD hardware.

I don't get it all how to entry "AMD" boot on the boot menu?

Press the down arrow (or any key) multiples times during the boot sequence in order to access jun's loader boot menu (if you don't press anything it will default to the standard boot), then you will have several choices : standard boot, reinstall, force install, amd boot (that's the one you want to try) and vm.

Also worked for me on baremetal Gigabyte Brix N3150 (created new boot drive on same USB 2.0 stick, changed PID VID & serial to prior settings) thnx!

Guys, can you share, if anyone got, .PAT file DSM update 6 or 7 or 8? I need to reinstall it and dont want to use latest update 9 which is causing the troubles....

Thank you...

https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/ ... ck/8451-8/

Link to update 8

you can find all the previous updates there :razz:

More precisely this one >>> https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/ ... 3615xs.pat

Successfully updated my 8 disk Asrock C70M1-system but not without entering a valid serial/mac-pair, otherwise no IP. Btrfs was available and after making the conf-file change, also SHR was available. (see next post of Polanskiman)

Accidentally my HP Proliant N54L updated itself from 8 to 9. It was still active but lost its IP. After restarting it worked again. Marvelous! I am so happy with Jun's loader!

Edited by Guest

Successfully updated my 8 disk Asrock C70M1-system but not without entering a valid serial/mac-pair, otherwise no IP. Btrfs is available but not SHR. Anybody knows how to get btrfs in combination with SHR?

Have you enabled SHR ? it is not enabled by default the 3615xs

SSH with admin

input your password

elevate rights by doing:

sudo -i

input your password again

you are now root

edit the synoinfo.conf file with vi or nano if you have it installed. I prefer nano it's easier to use. You can install it through the community package center

vi /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

or

nano /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

comment out/delete

supportraidgroup="yes"

then add

support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

Save the file. You are done. Preferably reboot.

If you don't know what I am talking about then you shouldn't be tinkering with system files.

Successfully updated my 8 disk Asrock C70M1-system but not without entering a valid serial/mac-pair, otherwise no IP. Btrfs is available but not SHR. Anybody knows how to get btrfs in combination with SHR?

Support SHR

ssh admin@172.16.200.129

sudo -s

cd /etc.defaults

sed -i '/^/s:supportraidgroup="yes":support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes":' synoinfo.conf

reboot

back by default

ssh admin@172.16.200.129

sudo -s

cd /etc.defaults

sed -i '/^/s:support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes":supportraidgroup="yes":' synoinfo.conf

reboot

I use a q1900m and everything works without an issue

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Thanks. I guess I should be more specific with the details. :grin:

Anyway, I pretty much figure out it's a dual intel i211. Problem I couldn't figure why the Synology Assistant couldn't find the system with Jun or quickNick 6.0 loader but the xpenology 5.2 loader works fine.

For those of you who used the original ESXi OVF and updated to Update 9, I have a pretty easy method to fix it.

1. Download the 1.01 loader and unzip everything.

2. Enable SSH to your ESXi host if you haven't already.

3. Use WinSCP (or equivalent) to copy the synoboot.img and synoboot.vmdk files to the VM folder on ESXi.

4. Using vSphere Web Client, edit the VM configuration to remove the existing SATA disk, then add a new disk using the existing synoboot.vmdk. (if anyone knows an alternate method for those without vCenter, please share)

5. Set the controller type to SATA just like the original was.

6. If necessary, modify the boot order to match the new disk

That's all I had to do to get mine working again. I did have to reset the static IP, but that's it.

Hi there

i run two XPen 6.0.2 Jun loader update 9 VMs on Proxmox without any problem , for one of them , i mounted synoboot.img then modified the config file to update both SN & MAC Address to avoid conflict : both VMs are seen as distinct with DS Assistant from a third VM

However i met this issue : i log on first VM then as soon as i log on second VM then i am automatically logged of the first one and vice versa

is someone else have same problem ?

any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks

XT

For me. BTFRS still doesnt work with SHR on baremetal. Volume Creation always crashes with 3 HDDs ( 1TB, 1TB, 2TB)

Support SHR

ssh admin@172.16.200.129

sudo -s

cd /etc.defaults

sed -i '/^/s:supportraidgroup="yes":support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes":' synoinfo.conf

reboot

Does the 5.2 loader and Jun's Loader has the similar drivers ?

No it doesn't. In fact, there are a lot less drivers in Jun's loader. Quicknick's loader (which is currently unavailable) is said to contain all the drivers the 5.2 version had. But unfortunately it's about two months now waiting for it without a proper release.

Hi there

i run two XPen 6.0.2 Jun loader update 9 VMs on Proxmox without any problem , for one of them , i mounted synoboot.img then modified the config file to update both SN & MAC Address to avoid conflict : both VMs are seen as distinct with DS Assistant from a third VM

However i met this issue : i log on first VM then as soon as i log on second VM then i am automatically logged of the first one and vice versa

is someone else have same problem ?

any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks

XT

EDIT : solved on using private browsing , so root cause should be cookie