XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

what parameters to use with an LSI 9211-8i HBA 8 hd attached to it.

I'm only able to see 6 hd available to install, once I installed it I was able to see that the additional 2 hd are been counted as ext hd,

how can i make it see the 8 hd attached to the 9211-8i during install

I disabled the onboard Sata and now I'm able to see all 8 hd connected to the 9211-8i, I would like to enable the onboard Sata to attached to SSds for cache, any suggestions?

thanks

Edited by Guest

For all KVM users, i did the following;

hF1vEvs.png

downloaded the latest 'jun img'-file

mounted with read-write permissions

edited the 'grub.cfg'-file with an valid MAC-SN (used the same from my DSM 5.5 installation) and the VID+PID (vid=0x46f4 pid=0x0001)

changed my virtual MAC-address (same as 'grub.cfg' via "virsh edit vm_name")

booted via text-console

used the browser to start the installation

used the official 'DSM_DS3615xs_8451.pat' file

created btrfs without problems

updated to '6.0.2-8451 Update 2'

Good luck!

Could you please provide more details?

Your VM booting from your virtual USB device?

What hypervisor do you use?

As stated in my post; for all KVM users :wink: so I use KVM (QEMU) as hypervisor.

Yes I boot from the "Jun" boot image.

using "jun-amd-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v2.img" on a N54L and everything seems to work very well !

However 2 "issues" to report :

1) Processor is indicated to be a core i3

2)security issue :

tf6b.png

Thank you Jun, Arcao & everyone making this possible !!! :smile:

Did you need to modify the sataport setting ? also how many disks are you using on your N54L ? I'm using 5 (4+ the optical drive slot).

I'm asking cuz i can't really backup all my data as i have 30 TB but i would like to migrate to DSM 6 and be certain the risks are limited.

BTW, how can i hide my IDE drive with loader from DSM?

Adding

set extra_args_3615='rmmod=ata_piix'

doesn't work for me =(

oops, good news is ata_piix works,

bad news is seems not everyone loves it :smile:

=) yeap.

so is it possible to disable ata_piix?

PS Thanks a lot for your work :wink:

you can't at the memoent.

if you intention is to move the ide drives out of the way,

then DiskIdxMap boot paramenter will help, excerpt from source code comment

/**

* Modify disk name sequence. Each two characters define the start disk

* index of the sata host. This argument is a hex string.

* Detail information:

* http://synowiki.synology.com/MediaWiki/ ... _DiskIdMap

* For example, use DiskIdxMap=030600 will get the following result.

* Disks of the 1st host: sdd, sde, sdf

* Disks of the 2nd host: sdg, sdh, sdi

* Disks of the 3rd host: sda, sdb, sdc

*/

If in addition you do not want ide disk to be show up anywhere, there is a libata.force boot parameter to disable it.

this option works on sata disks too, but it still occupies the corresponding /dev/sdx name, so should be used with above option together

for example,

if you have a boot log like this, and you want disable ata2 & ata3, boot parameter should be libata.force=2:disable,3:disable

[ 2.886833] ata2: PATA max UDMA/33 cmd 0x1f0 ctl 0x3f6 bmdma 0x2110 irq 14

[ 2.886836] ata3: PATA max UDMA/33 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 bmdma 0x2118 irq 15

Tested AMD loader ( post 3 ) but problem because i have tested 6 motherboards but all use Network Chipset Realtel RTL820.. and no driver ( Assistant cannot find Diskstation )

After add a Intel Network card loader run without problem

Can you add drivers for this network component : RTL8201X serie ?

Possible code source :

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/dr ... /realtek.c

using "jun-amd-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v2.img" on a N54L and everything seems to work very well !

2)security issue :

tf6b.png

Did you need to modify the sataport setting ? also how many disks are you using on your N54L ? I'm using 5 (4+ the optical drive slot).

I'm asking cuz i can't really backup all my data as i have 30 TB but i would like to migrate to DSM 6 and be certain the risks are limited.

I only use 2 sata HDD for the moment (I have to send back 2 others to Western Digital...).

I used "4" as sataport setting but I think "51" to be the best fitted configuration for Gen7, unfortunately I can't test it for you :sad:

Hoping you will succeed and post your results :smile:

2)security issue :

tf6b.png

oops, so it is indeed better to not replace existing files, maybe I should provide a bugfix v1.01 to fix it

I would be glad, if needed, to beta test it since I do not have any data on my N54L for the moment.

@y333,

The processor is reported as an i3 because it's a hard coded value. Past Xpenology builds have reported the processor which is installed in the real Synology device. For example an AMD chip will be reported as an i3 but the functionality will be based on you physical chip features, whether they are better or worse than the i3.

what parameters to use with an LSI 9211-8i HBA 8 hd attached to it.

I'm only able to see 6 hd available to install, once I installed it I was able to see that the additional 2 hd are been counted as ext hd,

how can i make it see the 8 hd attached to the 9211-8i during install

I disabled the onboard Sata and now I'm able to see all 8 hd connected to the 9211-8i, I would like to enable the onboard Sata to attached to SSds for cache, any suggestions?

thanks

Good to hear the 9211-8i is working properly now, I have 2 of those in my system and have been waiting for proper support to look into it further. Did you try to migrate data, or just do a fresh install?

I migrated and it is working ok

Thanks!

You are getting me super hyped bro haha! I have a new 1U rack case for my pfsense firewall coming on Tue, so when I make that migration, I may do my Xpenology box as well. Let me know if you run into any weird issues or the such, would love a heads up if you make any discoveries.

anyone figured out how to get more than one nic working,

neither my onboard quad intel 210 works or my intel quad pci-e ,

I can only get a single intel pro pci-e card to work

when enabling either the onboard or the quad pci-e in conjunction with the single pci-e nic I can see all nic's on the info dashboard but they all are getting 169.x.x.x addresses, except the single card which get a good ip

I tried adding mac1-mac4 & mac1-mac5 and still does not work

any suggestions?

2)security issue :

tf6b.png

oops, so it is indeed better to not replace existing files, maybe I should provide a bugfix v1.01 to fix it

The security issue was already reported to me on the French section and it was with Arcao's v.2 hybrid uefi/bios loader.

2)security issue :

tf6b.png

The security issue was already reported to me on the French section and it was with Arcao's v.2 hybrid uefi/bios loader.

normally this message can be ignored, since this just means some drivers are updated, but it's a bit annoying, so I will fix it when I have time

I noticed something peculiar with the Resource Monitor. This is probably due to some problems with the network drivers but if I set MTU to anything above 1500, nothing shows in the Network graph even under heavy traffic. I lowered MTU from 8000 to 1500 and then the network graph started showing traffic. When I tried setting MTU to 2000 the box became unresponsive and I had to do a hard shutdown.

I might also mention that my NICs are bonded. One is an Intel the other an Atheros.

Migrate successfully on HP N54l. But I can only see 4 HDD. I got 6 HDD. 4 connect to backplane. 1 esata and 1 dvd. for DSM 5 I just need to edit internalportcfg to 3f so all disk considered Internal.

I try change SataPortMap to 6 and also 42 but another 2 still not detected.. Any Idea?

Hi,

I own a N54L. I try to update in dsm 6 but it doesn't work.

What i did : on my USB stick I write jun baremetal hybrid v2.img

I change the grub.cfg, with my vid pid console and SN MAc.

When I boot the stick It writes booting kernel and nothing more append ...

Is there something to do in BIOS ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I own a N54L. I try to update in dsm 6 but it doesn't work.

What i did : on my USB stick I write jun baremetal hybrid v2.img

I change the grub.cfg, with my vid pid console and SN MAc.

When I boot the stick It writes booting kernel and nothing more append ...

Is there something to do in BIOS ?

Thank you for your help.

There is nothing else to see. You need to go to your PC and type in web browser http://find.synology.com then follow the instructions.

Migrate successfully on HP N54l. But I can only see 4 HDD. I got 6 HDD. 4 connect to backplane. 1 esata and 1 dvd. for DSM 5 I just need to edit internalportcfg to 3f so all disk considered Internal.

I try change SataPortMap to 6 and also 42 but another 2 still not detected.. Any Idea?

Try 51

:smile: