jun

DSM 6.1.x Loader

On 9/20/2016 at 11:57 PM, jun said:

Loader Download: here / (link updated due to directory structure change of mega share) -- by jun 2-28

Link is down??

Hello
can anyone Tell me what is the problem
there is a JunsLoader_v1.01_DS3615xs that loads DSM 6.0.2-8451.
sometimes it happens that JunsLoader_v1.01_DS3615xs is loading, but NAS are not available on the network
several reloads solve the problem, but I would like to understand why
where you can see the logs or what is the problem
help who knows

Posted (edited)

I'm currently running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9, on a virtual DS3615xs (ESXi). I saw the warning not to load version 6.2; so, what's the latest 6.1 version I can safely install with loader v.1.02b? And does an ESXi install package exists for it yet? I have an Intel i7 CPU.

Thanks.

Edited by meimeiriver

1.02b is the loader for 6.1 through the latest, 6.1.7.  It works fine with ESXi.

• Like 1

Dear all!

I had a harddisk expantion problem under dsm6.1.Please help me to find out where the problem is.

I had a platform named TIGD2-CI OEM by ECS. This cpu of this platform is D2550.It also has a pcie1x slot and 2 sata port. I added a pcie1x to 2 sata port card which chipest is asmedia1061.Now I have 4 No.s of Hitachi 3TB harddisk(they are listed in DSM named disk1 2 5 6).My platform and board work well in DSM 5.2 by xpenoboot loader. But after DSM6.0.2 6.1 and 6.2 whatever I tried to update, new install the syatem.The last disk(6) cannot be run or format or init.But when I tried to If I keep only 3 disks, all the 3 disks can used and make raid group.  I feel puzzled.

On 1/3/2019 at 1:47 PM, pecimom said:

there is a JunsLoader_v1.01_DS3615xs that loads DSM 6.0.2-8451.

Wrong thread.

Please read the forum rules 🧐

6 hours ago, carlyang1986 said:

Dear all!

I had a harddisk expantion problem under dsm6.1.Please help me to find out where the problem is.

I had a platform named TIGD2-CI OEM by ECS. This cpu of this platform is D2550.It also has a pcie1x slot and 2 sata port. I added a pcie1x to 2 sata port card which chipest is asmedia1061.Now I have 4 No.s of Hitachi 3TB harddisk(they are listed in DSM named disk1 2 5 6).My platform and board work well in DSM 5.2 by xpenoboot loader. But after DSM6.0.2 6.1 and 6.2 whatever I tried to update, new install the syatem.The last disk(6) cannot be run or format or init.But when I tried to If I keep only 3 disks, all the 3 disks can used and make raid group.  I feel puzzled.

What loader do you actually use? Is disk no. 6 displayed as e-sata device in the storage manager? Did you try to modify the grub.cfg? Within grub.cfg try to change SATAPORTMAP=1 to SATAPortMap=22.

Posted (edited)

Hi!

I need help!

I am using Baremetal 1.02b 3617xs firmware on DSM 6.1.x on a Dell T130 (8-thread) server (chipset Intel C236, IDrac8 Enterprise) with 16GB memory and a Dell 9020Micro (Intel Q87 Express) 16GB memory.

I use Virtual Machine Manager on both machines.

On the 9020, I can install Windows 10 1803 and Windows 2016 operating systems without error during the T130 installation, running KMode Exception on both operating systems.
centOS and Windows 7 is working good.

What do I have to do to work on the T130, I've tried a lot of options at Bios.

There is also an old HP 6200Pro also at me that goes without fault with VMM & Windows 10 1803.

Please help me! :|

Thanks!

Edited by l0v4szl

So you want to install Xpenology on your 9020?

You should provide us the complete hardware configuration of your servers as we can advise you more accurately what you have to do.

A generic answer I can give you is to install Proxmox and to create a VM that will be your NAS (I have migrated my both baremetal NAS without any issues and loss of configuration)

Thanks for the help!
I want to run virtual machines through Synology VirtualMachineManager.
Baremetal DSM works well on 9020 and T130.
On the T130, however, the windows 10 virtual machine will go with kmode exception error and I would fix it and it would be very important because it is a much stronger machine.
On the 9020, Windows10 can be installed flawlessly on VMM, I don't understand.

You should really reconsider to virtualize the Xpenology instead of running baremetal more particularly if you are using VMM.

Indeed, until last week I was using it too and its performances are really crappy by comparison with a native virtualization solution.

And creating a virtual Xpenology under Proxmox is not too difficult ;-)

I use nanoboot x86 5.0 fine on my old laptop.  I try to use 6.0* version to get more driver support but no one can boot into kernal. any loader suggestion?