XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

hi all,

i am currently on v1.01 bootloader, running 6.0.2 on hp n54l amd server baremetal. since upgrade  from dsm 5. i found out that the video station no longer able to play majority of my mkv and avi files, neither on web nor on ios device with ds video app. looks like there is a transcoding problem. does anyone experience the same problem as i do? and any solution?

Edited by wapoo

12 minutes ago, wapoo said:

hi all,

i am currently on v1.01 bootloader, running 6.0.2 on hp n54l amd server baremetal. since upgrade  from dsm 5. i found out that the video station no longer able to play majority of my mkv and avi files, neither on web nor on ios device with ds video app. looks like there is a transcoding problem. does anyone experience the same problem as i do? and any solution?

Correct me if I'm wrong: only the DS916p image contains the necessary modules for hardware trans-coding. I believe the enterprise models (DS3615xs, DS3617xs) do not support transcoding via Synology's media apps. You can always use Plex of course like me :P

13 minutes ago, filippo333 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong: only the DS916p image contains the necessary modules for hardware trans-coding. I believe the enterprise models (DS3615xs, DS3617xs) do not support transcoding via Synology's media apps. You can always use Plex of course like me :P

yes, im on DS3615xs, but there wasnt a problem in dsm 5.2. So is this a problem in 6.0.2?  if so, how can i flash to ds916p?

11 minutes ago, wapoo said:

yes, im on DS3615xs, but there wasnt a problem in dsm 5.2. So is this a problem in 6.0.2?  if so, how can i flash to ds916p?

Look around the forum, it's the same process as changing your loader when upgrading from 6.0.2 to 6.1.x.

Edited by filippo333

1 hour ago, wiruzdk said:

im trying to get 5 disk to work in the hp n54l im running DSM 6.0.2-8451. bios mode is Sata mode is IDE.

it only detect 4 disk and not the other one that ive connected with the extra sata port on the board.

You need to change it to AHCI mode.

Ok ... Update to DSM 6.1.3-15152 on HP Gen8 

How to:

1.) Download the *.pat file from Synology Server

2.) Select Manual DSM-Update

3.) Select the downloaded *.pat File

4.) Update

5.) Waiting, waiting and waiting ... after 10 minutes (the clock in browser show) ... the login-window come back

6.) Login and Happy :smile:

• Like 1

On 13.7.2017 at 9:20 AM, maxime said:

Sorry, I can't help you.. can I ask you a question?
Did I get it right? You boot your XPEnology DSM 5.2 with June's bootloader 1.02b and then you upgraded it to DSM 6.1.2 from web interface? You did it directly or step by step (5.2->6.0->6.1->6.1.2)? Thanks for your reply!

Sure, well I went 5.1 -> 5.2 with the xpenology bootloader and then with une's bootloader 1.02b directly to DSM 6.1.2 

Hi all, looking for suggestions as I am caught in the recovery loop for a AMD build bare metal. I mistakenly applied the migration without using the manual option. Now every time I I see the xpenology I only have the recover option. I have tried reformatting the usb and installing the synoboot image, I have also tried accessing the system files via Ubuntu Live USB to roll back my VERSION however I am getting a "mdadm, raid superblock missing error" for all my five drives. I am able to see my data via Live USB bu am unable to see system files to change the Version. I did back up my data as it was small, however not sure how to get back to applying a clean install which I am fine with doing or restarting the migration option. Will I need to wipe all my drives via Live USB and then start the process over or will I somehow be able to restart the migration or clean install? Thanks in advance for the help!

1 hour ago, guindous said:

Hi All,

Sorry for my English.

As I can read, boot loader 1.02b is not compatible with AMD. It means that prolong G7 is deprecated forever?

Regards,

Please search the forum, loader 1.02b is currently not compatible with AMD since it's a beta release. The stable releases should be compatibile with AMD, if you need AMD support right now then stick with Jun's 1.01 loader.

OK.. Did an update on my test machine 6.1 to 6.1.3.

(DS3615xs Intel)

Steps..

All done on my workstation, before upgrading my test server to the new 6.1.3 version.

-Copy off my grup.cfg as a backup from the USB key I was using (as a backup) the rest of the USB drive contents weren't important.

-Use 'Rufus' to copy the new 1.02b loader image to the USB key, overwriting the old loader.

-Copied relevant data from my backup grub.cfg to the new grub.cfg on the USB key (which was obviously overwritten when copying the image).

(I replaced, vid, pid, mac address etc to suit my test server's previously known working config.)

Done on test server.

-inserted USB drive and booted.

Done on workstation (via browser).

-Waited until server was discoverable (I use Netscan) it took a while. It did not default to my previously configured static IP address, at this stage..

-Went to 'new' server IP address and had the option to 'Recover' the box. Took about 5-10 mins and after a reboot the server was back to the previously configured Static IP..

-Connected to the servers static IP address.

-Updated to 6.1.3 via the update option on the console.

-Reboot

Job done.. Currently seeing how stable it is before upgrading my main NAS..

Cheers,

H

Edited by Hostilian
added basic server specs

9 minutes ago, Dfds said:

Can you see the 5th disk in the bios when set to ahci mode?, maybe try a different sata cable

yes it is detected in the bios but i think the n54l has 2 controllers so maybe the SataPortMap should be changed but im not sure wich number would fit this.

Just now, wiruzdk said:

yes it is detected in the bios but i think the n54l has 2 controllers so maybe the SataPortMap should be changed but im not sure wich number would fit this.

Ok, I've just checked my settings & SataPortMap=1 & my 5 WD Black disks are seen by DSM Ok, so maybe try that.

1 minute ago, Dfds said:

Ok, I've just checked my settings & SataPortMap=1 & my 5 WD Black disks are seen by DSM Ok, so maybe try that.

you got a n54l to ?

Edit : just looked in my grub and its also SataPortMap=1 :(

Edited by wiruzdk