XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

HI,

Can someone with a working Gen8 give me their Image ?

I am trying to do a new install (no prev install)

Have modified the VID, PID, Number, MAC, put rmmod=ata_piix in grub.cfg

Yet -- I keep getting into the migratable issue -- Can you help -- what am I doing wrong ?

Successfully installed on my bare metal ASRock QC5000-ITX/PH AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 (4 SATA ports) with the last update of DSM 6.0.2.

However, doesn't matter how hard I tried, DMS only recognizes 2 SATA ports (intstead of 4).

From the specs of mobo, it says:

2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug.

What should I do in order to get all 4 SATA? I set SataPortMap=4 though. I don't mind testing anything if possible.

Once again, thank you those who have been working VERY hard to create DSM 6 new loader.

There is like a full page of people that are asking questions that are answered in the thread. I opened a Notepad++ document and read through this ENTIRE thread and took notes so I would have all of the information I need. It also helped me learn a lot about this new process, I suggest the rest of you guys that are just coming in to do the same, your data may thank you later.

so i upgraded a 5.2 install to 6.0 on a microserver gen8

took the legacybootloader from p10, swapped in the ramdisk from p1 loader and changed the pid/vid accordingly.

Install went fine and the server rebooted.

The problem now is that its sitting at "booting the kernel" which is fine since it won't output more, but there is nothing available on the network. (Used find.synology, the assistant and an ip-scanner)

Do i have to put in something else for the MAC adresses and SN in the grub.conf ? From what i understood this was only needed if you wanted to use any online service with Synology.

Any help would be most appreciated! thank you again for your work!

EDIT: after 15 Minutes it suddenly showed up on the synology assistant. - weird - Is it safe to Upgrade to "6.0.2-8451 Update2" ?

Edited by Guest

Successfully installed on my bare metal ASRock QC5000-ITX/PH AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 (4 SATA ports) with the last update of DSM 6.0.2.

However, doesn't matter how hard I tried, DMS only recognizes 2 SATA ports (intstead of 4).

2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug.

What should I do in order to get all 4 SATA? I set SataPortMap=4 though. I don't mind testing anything if possible.

Once again, thank you those who have been working VERY hard to create DSM 6 new loader.

Do all 4 drives show up in the bios? What 2 drives are not shown in Storage Manager? Storage Manager will give you the serial numbers of the attached drives. Are the 2 missing drives connected to the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset?

okay, screw mega.. new link (30 days available) https://ufile.io/cda1

On Gen8 in my case:

+ to operate both Ethernet connections

+ Additional Sata Drives

+ eSata external drives

with last update on serial, together with valid sn/mac1/mac2, and of course vid/pid, the linux line in grub.cfg look likes:

linux /image/DS3615xs/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=2 HddHotplug=0 SataPortMap=6 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x???? pid=0x???? console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=B6JFNxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxxxxxxx mac2=xxxxxxxxxxxx withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator all-generic-ide quiet

Do all 4 drives show up in the bios? What 2 drives are not shown in Storage Manager? Storage Manager will give you the serial numbers of the attached drives. Are the 2 missing drives connected to the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset?

Yes, all 4 drives showed up in BIOS when I checked.

Ports SATA3_A0 and SATA3_A1: none

Ports SATA3_1 and SATA3_2: showed up in Storage Manager with SNs of drives attached.

"Are the 2 missing drives connected to the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset?" - That's my question too. :sad:

Please help... :sad:

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Another Gen8 running happily on DSM6 here. Thanks for making it happen. :smile:

Is there any likely hood that and adapted version of this method will be usable on a Gen7?

HI Have it working on a G7.

Did not update to update 2 though.

Did not do anything special other then using the bare metal mixed boot loader (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216&start=90#p73344) and copy of the fixed ramdisk.

Will try the upgrade to update 2 shortly an report back

Edited by Guest