XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

3 hours ago, pooky said:

1. First you need to setup main mail to your profile.

2. In Download station select mail that you set in profile and enter email where you want to send notification.

I just do this and work without any problem. (Also check spam folder)

Screenshot from 2017-08-16 08-40-35.png

1.png

2.png

Hi Pooky

Thanks for your reply.
All this I did and several times but I finally got it working in some mysterious way.
 I have an outlook mail address so I choose the "Outloook" option when creating the email account in profile.
Instead I chose "Customize" and entered the SMTP values corresponding to outlook, so actually i'm using the same mail address but using a different option in DSM.
Then I went in Download station and added the mail address in "From" and it worked. So for fun I went back to the profile and changed back to the original config. by choosing "outlook" instead of customize, downloaded a torrent and received an email when completed so it worked.

So I can't really explain what went wrong after update but this might help others.

Edited by mattail

21 hours ago, maxime said:

The RTL8111DL lan of my ASRock G31M-G mainboard works only in 10/100mbit mode. Is there any way to make it working in Gbit mode? 

DSM 6.1.3 with jun's 1.02b loader. 

Thanks! 

This thread isn't really the place for it but, but do you have a Gigabit switch port on your router/switch?

A lot of ISP 'supplied' routers come with only 100Meg ports..

I just updated to 6.1.3-15152 update 3 on Virtualbox VM and all works flawlessly except transcoding using Video Station. I can read the video by setting Original quality but it doesn't work in high / medium or low. Any idea how to solve this issue? I didn't have this issue on 5.2.

Thank you for your help :smile:

8 hours ago, Hostilian said:

This thread isn't really the place for it but, but do you have a Gigabit switch port on your router/switch?

A lot of ISP 'supplied' routers come with only 100Meg ports..

This thread is the place for it because the lan works perfectly in gigabit mode using Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux Mint. This problem is present only starting the PC with Jun's bootloader!

Hi!

I have updated my intel based box from 5.2 to 6.1.2 and now I have this weird error of the updates section not showing up, and other small things that anny me a little bit.

Is it possible to "totally reset" DSM and only keep data, so I can start fresh with new installs and such?

If so, how would I do this?

1 hour ago, davurleon said:

Hi!

I have updated my intel based box from 5.2 to 6.1.2 and now I have this weird error of the updates section not showing up, and other small things that anny me a little bit.

Is it possible to "totally reset" DSM and only keep data, so I can start fresh with new installs and such?

If so, how would I do this?

Go to update & Restore on the top you will see RESET click on that and follow directions

Hope this helps...

2 minutes ago, 463nt0ran63 said:

Is virtual dsm working for you guys? I can create vms but none is starting. It always complains about not enough space. Both ram and disk space I have more than enough.
DSM 6.1.3 on esxi 6.5

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

I have similar problem on baremetal I forget to enable VT-x in BIOS. Before this I always get message about not enough RAM memory.

I have similar problem on baremetal I forget to enable VT-x in BIOS. Before this I always get message about not enough RAM memory.

Well this can't be it because if this would be inactive I could not run dsm with this loader on it.
I want to enable virtual dsm inside my working dsm. Virtual machine manager package from synology

25 minutes ago, 463nt0ran63 said:

Well this can't be it because if this would be inactive I could not run dsm with this loader on it.
I want to enable virtual dsm inside my working dsm. Virtual machine manager package from synology

Yes I know, VMM use QEMU, maybe problem is that you run virtualization inside virtualization? What is type of your server/pc and processor ?

Edited by pooky

This have something with nested virtualization, try find how to setup in vmware.

Thanks for the hint. Although it is not "nested" virtualization how vmware calls it, you can tick a CPU option in every vm to pass down the virtualization functions to the vm.