XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

2 minutes ago, mattail said:

Did you use SHR before migrating to 6.1? If yes, was your volume also recognized as SHR once on 6.1?

I'm also considering migrating to latest possible version but have read somewhere that SHR is no longer supported.

I have 4x 4TB WD RED NAS Drives in RAID 5

3 hours ago, mattail said:

I'm also considering migrating to latest possible version but have read somewhere that SHR is no longer supported.

shr volumes still work after upgrade, the functions are all still there but showing them is disabled in a configuration file, without modification of the config you can use a already configured shr but can't create a new one

you can search the forum or read this

https://xpenology.club/enable-shr-in-dsm-6/

consumer units still have the otions enabled, its only disabled on the larger buisiness units like 3615/3617

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IG-88 said:

shr volumes still work after upgrade, the functions are all still there but showing them is disabled in a configuration file, without modification of the config you can use a already configured shr but can't create a new one

consumer units still have the otions enabled, its only disabled on the larger buisiness units like 3615/3617

This is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Edited by mattail

23 hours ago, mattail said:

Did you use SHR before migrating to 6.1? If yes, was your volume also recognized as SHR once on 6.1?

yes, and yes!

I had 2X3 and 2X6tb in SHR 

Edited by pwvandeursen

20 hours ago, IG-88 said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you get access to system files as shown on that link I would like to enable SHR on my DSM 6.02 install but I haven't been able to figure it out. I thought the only way to get into config files was through SSH or Telnet? 

Thanks for any info. 

28 minutes ago, ismaelrvs said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you get access to system files as shown on that link I would like to enable SHR on my DSM 6.02 install but I haven't been able to figure it out.

ever used the search funktion here? try it, its usefull

I thought the only way to get into config files was through SSH or Telnet? 

Thanks for any info. 

you did not recognise the "WinSCP"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinSCP

but careful if using windows to edit files, the editor has to be aware of unix, unsing windows notepad does not work, download notepad++ or somthing similar fot that

i was not aware that on 6.0 shr was also removed i thought it was just 6.1

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

ever used the search funktion here? try it, its usefull

you did not recognise the "WinSCP"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinSCP

but careful if using windows to edit files, the editor has to be aware of unix, unsing windows notepad does not work, download notepad++ or somthing similar fot that

i was not aware that on 6.0 shr was also removed i thought it was just 6.1

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. 

Hello to everyone,

I've made a bootable stick with 1.02b firmware for syno 6.1, changed vid, pid and serial number of the stick with notepad++ and after migration instalation the reset ocurs and starts again like nothing installed/changed, do i need to change something to enter syno ? I'm in a setup loop.

Edited by grafiprints

Hello,

My set up is an ESXi with 1.02b firmware.  I fleshly install the 6.1.2 and did multiple update.  Now I am having an issue that everytime I start the VM (Syno) in will go to recovery mode with different IP.  If I click recover and reboot, it will boot fine with my pre-defined IP.  The booting virtual disk is set to dependent mode.  Any hint?

I'm jumping in to migrate from 5.2 to 6.1 with 1.02b loader, I've come to the step where i'm able to see the nas and I'm presented with the screen stating this below and the button "Install".
I was expecting a migration option there. If I press "Install" does it automatically install most recent DSM? What should I do?

We have detected that the hard disks of your current DS3615xs have been moved from an earlier DS3615xs, and installing a newer DSM is required before proceeding.

Tried to reboot and choose the "reinstall" option from boot menu but still no option to migrate. I do not dare to press "Install" as I'm afraid to wipe out my drives.

Edited by mattail

On 8/5/2017 at 11:41 PM, redskies said:

I have DSM 6.0.2 running Jun loader on Esxi 6.0 with a smaller 24 mb vmdk that is boot drive (disk 1) and larger vmdk hard drive (disk 2) that contains data and apps. I am trying to upgrade to DSM 6.1 with v1.02b DS3615xs. I can get the virtual machine to boot but I get a message no hard drive installed even though the vmdk hard drive that contains data and apps is connected as disk 2 with v1.02b drive as disk 1. I am not sure what has changed ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anyone has a similar issue and solved it ? TIA

Just migrated this morning from 5.2 to 6.1.3  The migration option comes on next page after "install". I was so afraid to erase my data but looks like all is working.
One thing though, i'm not able to see the NAS in windows explorer. Making network drives and access NAS via ip is working fine though.

Update:

I have 2 NICs, I enabled "DHCP" instead of "manual configuration", unplugged network cable from LAN1 and plugged it in LAN2. Now NAS was visible in windows explorer. I plugged cable back to LAN1 and problem solved.

Edited by mattail

It's working out of the box (yes, without chaning vid & pid) with an intel q6600 (overclocked) on a gigabyte p35.

All SATA ports work except for the external *sata* need driver(s) but this is no problem for me, for now!

Thank's PEOPLE on this board! 

Here is a complete satisfied visitor, that found what he was looking for! 

THANKS AGAIN ALL!

used with:

Intel Core 2 Q6600

Gigabyte P35 

6GB RAM (crossed modules -  Dual channel)

8 Sata Ports (checked with 4 disks)

2 Western Digital WD30EFRX (RED's)

2 Western Digital WD20FYYS (Black's)

Be Quiet (300watts silent PSU)

Jun's loader v1.02a & v1.02b (had a slight light problem with the v1.02a version with particulair releases of DSM 6.0.1 & DSM 6.0.2)

(This was easily fixed by just cleaning the harddrives in a Windows Environment)

(CMD>DISKPART>SELECT DISK #>CLEAN or CLEAN ALL)

extra: AMD 5770 GPU (Just to see the loader booting and this wasn't even necessary)

This is really nice! Cool Quiet and not needing a Synology Diskstation, I have it running now for over 2 months, everything fine!

22 minutes ago, Novarg said:

how can i upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 update 1 ? 

donwload the pat file from synology web site

do a manual upgrade

after you can apply directly the update 1 from the Webui

On 8/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, lunzet said:

I hope 3617 is not only for Xeon as I am running it with my G4560 :-)

I also installed 3617xs on Intel i5 3570 with 8GB DDR3 (HP Compaq 8300 SFF), all work fine but I get some kind of freezes when listen music on audio station and web interface. Not sure is this because processor or missing some drivers ? I use latest 1.02b loader with DSM 6.1.3.

Does anyone have similar issues ?

Thank you.

I have an issue since migrating from 5.2 to DSM 6.1.3 with 3615xs  1.02b loader. Download station is not sending any email notification on torrent downloads complete.
I do receive an emai when pressing the "Test connect" option in Download station but never when torrents are completed.
I have tried to remove/re-install the download station package but always returning with the same issue.

18 hours ago, mattail said:

I have an issue since migrating from 5.2 to DSM 6.1.3 with 3615xs  1.02b loader. Download station is not sending any email notification on torrent downloads complete.
I do receive an emai when pressing the "Test connect" option in Download station but never when torrents are completed.
I have tried to remove/re-install the download station package but always returning with the same issue.

1. First you need to setup main mail to your profile.

2. In Download station select mail that you set in profile and enter email where you want to send notification.

I just do this and work without any problem. (Also check spam folder)

Screenshot from 2017-08-16 08-40-35.png

1.png

2.png