XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

11 hours ago, waspsoton said:

check this post out. I am currently running the latest update on my amd system.

Thanks, but my Nas is built on a regular commercial AMD mobo (Gigabyte) not HP N54L. And therefore I couldn't find C1E in the Bios to disable it. So, how?

Hi,

Since i have updated to 6 and 6.1 I can't reboot the syno. It shutdown but when it restart the syno show booting kernel but nothing more, I have to manually sutdown and start.

Do you have an any? Which file log can I check to debug? It is possible to activate bootloader verbose?

I have an HP n54l (amd turion).

Thanks

Hello,

First of all a big thank you to all the members of this forum.

I have an Abit ip35 pro without UEFI and I am in version dsm 6.02 with the loader: jun-intel-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v1 and all works wonderfully.

I would like to go in dsm 6.1 but the loader DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02 is in UEFI mode and my sandick usb key is not recognized by the non-UEFI BIOS

Is there a hybrid loader for the dsm 6.1?

cordially

Edited by Onkyo83

1 hour ago, Onkyo83 said:

Hello,

First of all a big thank you to all the members of this forum.

I have an Abit ip35 pro without UEFI and I am in version dsm 6.02 with the loader: jun-intel-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v1 and all works wonderfully.

I would like to go in dsm 6.1 but the loader DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02 is in UEFI mode and my sandick usb key is not recognized by the non-UEFI BIOS

Is there a hybrid loader for the dsm 6.1?

cordially

Hi! Could  you please tell me where can I found the jun-intel-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v1 loader? I would try it... 

Thanks! 

I have DSM 6.0.2 running Jun loader on Esxi 6.0 with a smaller 24 mb vmdk that is boot drive (disk 1) and larger vmdk hard drive (disk 2) that contains data and apps. I am trying to upgrade to DSM 6.1 with v1.02b DS3615xs. I can get the virtual machine to boot but I get a message no hard drive installed even though the vmdk hard drive that contains data and apps is connected as disk 2 with v1.02b drive as disk 1. I am not sure what has changed ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

On 2017/7/26 at 6:00 AM, neotronic said:

I have it working in Hyper-V. Not sure if It's 1.02b though. I converted the img to vhd and set it as the 1st drive. Hope it helps.

Hi, I currently using VirtualBox and want to upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.1.3 but after replacing the old loader with the new 1.02b iso loader, it didn't boot up, what can I do?

Thanks

Hi, 

I have some issue with my xpenology, specially with my RAID Controller, it is a Startech PCISATA4R1, since I updated my xpenology from 5.2-5644 to 6.1.3-15152 update 1 ( with jun loader 1.02b), my xpenology don’t recognize the disk witch are plugged to my RAID controller. I have done some search but I didn’t see a solution to fix my problem.

Someone can help me ? 

Thanks in advance ^^

@Polanskiman & @jun

Thanks to you both :smile: I have updated from Loader v1.01 to v1.2b on an HP MicroServer Gen8.

Things i noticed is the Partitions are now different and you only need to Modify the 1 for the grub file. The extra file i did first did not work so i saw the post to do not use it an it works as is :smile: 

DSM Downloaded From DSM 6.1.3 Update 15152

I used jun's Loader  v1.2b DS3615

The issue i have is that Package Intrusion Prevention no longer works. It is asking me to uninstall it and suggestions ?

Other then that all seems to be ok all Data, Files & Settings are there. Now to test Update 1.

Thanks Again

1 hour ago, sylvo95 said:

Hi, 

I have some issue with my xpenology, specially with my RAID Controller, it is a Startech PCISATA4R1, since I updated my xpenology from 5.2-5644 to 6.1.3-15152 update 1 ( with jun loader 1.02b), my xpenology don’t recognize the disk witch are plugged to my RAID controller. I have done some search but I didn’t see a solution to fix my problem.

Someone can help me ? 

Thanks in advance ^^

Startech PCISATA4R1 = Silicon Image 3114 =sata_sil.ko

as this module does not start anymore with actual 6.1.3 there is litte that can be doen now until synology releases kernel sources for 6.1.x, the only source availible is 6.1.(0) aka 6.1_15047

i documented this in my "driver extension" 6.1 extra.lzma here in a thread

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eric1357a said:

Hi, I currently using VirtualBox and want to upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.1.3 but after replacing the old loader with the new 1.02b iso loader, it didn't boot up, what can I do?

Thanks

you put in the "right" mac adress in the vm's configuration (the mac adress in the grub.cfg has to be placed in the vm's nic configuration

you know about this?

https://xpenology.club/install-dsm-6-1-on-virtualbox/

20 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

Startech PCISATA4R1 = Silicon Image 3114 =sata_sil.ko

as this module does not start anymore with actual 6.1.3 there is litte that can be doen now until synology releases kernel sources for 6.1.x, the only source availible is 6.1.(0) aka 6.1_15047

i documented this in my "driver extension" 6.1 extra.lzma here in a thread

Thank you for your answer, so I just have to downgrade to 6.1_15047 to make it work ?

11 hours ago, Vodka2014 said:

@Polanskiman & @jun

Thanks to you both :smile: I have updated from Loader v1.01 to v1.2b on an HP MicroServer Gen8.

Things i noticed is the Partitions are now different and you only need to Modify the 1 for the grub file. The extra file i did first did not work so i saw the post to do not use it an it works as is :smile: 

DSM Downloaded From DSM 6.1.3 Update 15152

I used jun's Loader  v1.2b DS3615

The issue i have is that Package Intrusion Prevention no longer works. It is asking me to uninstall it and suggestions ?

Other then that all seems to be ok all Data, Files & Settings are there. Now to test Update 1.

Thanks Again

HEY VODka!

May I ask where can I find the loader update tutorial?

thanks so MUCH!

16 minutes ago, neverwinboy said:

So…you mean just switch to the 1.02b version synboot.img file?that's all?

1. Download v1.02b DS3615

2. Follow the steps with OSFMount

3. Select Partition 0 (15MB)

4. Copy the settings from your old grub.cfg to the new grub.cfg based on what was stated in this guide that you need to update on Page 1 etc.... there is an grub folder on this partition. I did not use extra.lzma ramdisk which is on Partition 1 for this build it seems.

5. Then i deleted the Partitions on my SD Card and followed Step 6

6. Step 7 i left out since this was done already when i used v1.01. The part like adding your SD Card to you machine that was done :smile:

7. Step 8 It boots up as stated since i have an Intel machine

8. It took some time and then i saw my device with the Synology Assistant. I clicked on the MIGRATE ONE  Install, Migration, Selected the .pat that i downloaded (MAKE SURE YOU SELECT MIGRATE OR YOU WILL WIPE THE DATA. JUST READ THE STEPS)

9. Once all done checked my machine updated to Update 1 and rebooted for an second time to be 100% Sure

Hope this works for you as well.

Edited by Vodka2014
Change

1 minute ago, Vodka2014 said:

4. Copy the settings from your old grub.cfg to the new grub.cfg based on what was stated in this guide that you need to update on Page 1 etc.... there is an grub folder on this partition. I did not use extra.lzma ramdisk which is on Partition 1 for this build it seems.

6. Step 7 i left out since this was done already when i used v1.01. The part like adding your SD Card to you machine that was done :smile:

8. It took some time and then i saw my device with the Synology Assistant. I clicked on the MIGRATE ONE  Install, Migration, Selected the .pat that i downloaded

9. Once all done checked my machine updated to Update 1 and rebooted for an second time to be 100% Sure

oh…I'm using vmware workstation,what should I do ?Is there any tutorial for Vmware?

2 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

8. It took some time and then i saw my device with the Synology Assistant. I clicked on the MIGRATE ONE  Install, Migration, Selected the .pat that i downloaded

Did you use SHR before migrating to 6.1? If yes, was your volume also recognized as SHR once on 6.1?

I'm also considering migrating to latest possible version but have read somewhere that SHR is no longer supported.