XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

3 hours ago, muaddib81 said:

+8 for AMD support

I mean AMD support would be nice but people have to remember; Synology DSM doesn't natively run on AMD hardware (I'm not aware of any current gen Synology hardware running on AMD chips). So further patience will be needed to implement the necessary kernel modules for AMD compatibility :smile:

25 minutes ago, filippo333 said:

I mean AMD support would be nice but people have to remember; Synology DSM doesn't natively run on AMD hardware (I'm not aware of any current gen Synology hardware running on AMD chips). So further patience will be needed to implement the necessary kernel modules for AMD compatibility :smile:

+9 AMD support Please!!

N54L + LSI 9260CV-8i + Intel PRO/1000 Pt Dual Port Server Adapter

Edited by murile86
More info

Are there any new time bomb triggered in the 1.02b release?

I have been using the loader with the 6.2 on an ESXi box.  It will usually runs fine for days and I started to lost contact of the DSM.

the port 5000 no longer responses, and I cannot even ssh to the port 22 with putty.

But I am quite sure it is not the network blockout as I had a putty connection to the ssh service of the DSM for days and it will continue to work.

I also found that the ports (ssh) were occasionally opened.  Once I got connected, it will stay connected. I was wonder if I had reached the connection limit of the synology box because of the download station (BT).  But the netstat show only a few hundreds connection which should be far from the limit. 

Edit:

More, it responses to ping correctly.

Any hint? Thanks.

Edited by mcdull

Some more information (Sorry that I cannot re-edit the original post)

ulimit is "unlimited"

/volume1/web/17wo$ netstat -ant | awk '{print $6}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
      1 CLOSE_WAIT
      1 Foreign
      1 LAST_ACK
      1 established)
      6 FIN_WAIT1
     25 TIME_WAIT
     67 LISTEN
    144 ESTABLISHED
    146 SYN_SENT

Connections seems to be very normal.

On 2017/6/26 at 5:04 PM, Benoire said:

All I did was use Starwinds v2v converter and convert the img to VMDK.  I edited the grub first though to change serial, timeout, which boot line to default to and then finally added the command to hide the IDE drives so DSM only shows the sd(x) drives.

Once you have synoboot.VMDK, upload it to the datastore and then replace the current 50MB VMDK in your VM...IF in doubt, create a new vm  to test.

Did you lost DSM access at 24/48 hr etc, after boot with this image?

I have currently facing this issue.  And I need to force reboot everytime to get the box connected again.

Not sure, I've just had to update my vSAN cluster so the VM was taken down.  I can't remember when I updated my boot loader but it will be back up and running tonight so I'll know more in the next few days!  It was certainly running for more than 24 hours and I thought more than 48.  Its the same loader as everyone is using on baremetal, I hadn't updated the DSM version though as I'm not sure if I have to wipe my data or not in order for it to upgrade; no one seems to be able to confirm that!

I have done 2 updates on my ESXi box.  Both required fresh install.

i.e. I need to manually format the first 2 partitions in the data disks and it will then allow me to install the new pat files.

Or else the recovery process will kill the DSM.

But it is weird that the DSM stop working in around 3 days.

Is there anything I can check if I managed to get back to the DSM screen or SSH console?

There are some chances that I can get it connected and then the instances will be stable.  But new connection cannot be made.

Edited by mcdull

22 hours ago, filippo333 said:

Kernel config give the choice of AMD support. (until 3.10.77, don't know for .102, but i think it's same). We can compil the kernel with what we want...

But i believe, before the kernel was with bromolow and now it's with broadwell architecture.
These screens are from bromolow source :

72428350e3f826e6da1bce44591fa1e1b95d5ec3

150b09f0a0bd5824013bdd0c2f42b1c93b04f2b0

Not sure, but i think jun doesn't support all and keep the default config. The kernel file will be bigger, if we include everything....

And the default config from Synology machine support less hardware than before, you are right on this.... Same for modules... I have some USB device  which worked in 4.3 and no in 6.02....

I am trying to compil my own kernel, but it's not easy....

If you can have debug on serial with your AMD machine, you will see nothing... You can be sure, it's not just a problem with network driver, but with entire architecture... But no serial on the N40L or N54L... Maybe the solution can be add PCI card on it...
Because on my VM , i cannot virtualize AMD machine... Maybe can do on ESXI... But it's not same, because last loader works on ESXI...

Edited by ordimans
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mcdull said:

i.e. I need to manually format the first 2 partitions in the data disks and it will then allow me to install the new pat files.

Is there anything I can check if I managed to get back to the DSM screen or SSH console?

There are some chances that I can get it connected and then the instances will be stable.  But new connection cannot be made.

So my vSAN rebuild and upgrade to 6.6 has been completed which caused the failure in the VM.  With it all synced and running on the cluster, the DSM VM is now up and running.  New bootloader, but same DSM version as before (not latest).  Will see how long it lasts!

Having a MS Gen8 with M1015 Controller cross flashed to an LSI 9211 in IT mode (with 4 data disks).

XPenology runs on an ESXi 6.5 with newest loader 1.02b (Firmware 6.1.2). LSI passtrough to the VM. The VM runs on the internal b120i in RAID Mode (Raid 0) as single disk (ESXi Datastore).

I cant get smart infos in the synology gui. Only a message "not available".

Anyone else with this problem?

Edited by Flotho

For past few days, I'm trying to upgrade existing Synology install to v. 6.1.15132 but after completing 56%, it throws an error :

Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupt.

After this I'm not able to access my data.

As I had a backup, hence I removed all the HDDs from my Custom System and formatted it to remove any trace of Synology.

Then I replaced them back into my existing Synology system.

Now first time it displayed the SETUP and I started from Fresh but after completing approx. 56% it threw error as shown in attached screenshot.

After than I attempted to install again but now it is showing MIGRATE and even Migration option is throwing same error after completing 56%.

Please help... else I have to look for some other solution.

Document1.pdf

The Loader 1.02b is up and running perfect. 

I create a new USB Stick, with VID/PID/SERIAL/MAC and put in my HP G8

-> Restart

-> Download the DSM_DS3615xs_15132.pat from Synology-Server

-> Select Manual Update

-> Waiting

-> Ready

And a question a little bit Off Topic:

How can I check which version from BittorrentClient is included in Download Station???

Edited by CrazyCreator

Strange:

I create, for 1.02b Loader, a other Stick and change only the VID and PID. Serial and MAC is the same before.

Restart -> Login in DSM Web-GUI and then Update Manual to DSM 6.1.2-15132 -> Restart -> All fine and running.

Now I delete the old USB Stick, which I used before. Mount the image and change only PID&VID, back to the right values. MAC and Serial untouched again.

Restart my HP G8 and can't connect. I see in Router my two NetworkAdapter (Working as a bound in DSM) one with the correct IP (The IP from Bound) and the other with a wrong IP and I don't see my ILO NetworkAdapter. With the other stick all working great. 

Have anyone a idea what I make wrong?

On 2017/6/23 at 10:27 PM, sotux said:

I've tested the DS916+ 1.02b bootloader and succeeded.

My hardware is:

Asrock J3160-itx, 4G DDR3 memory and 4 x 3T HDD with Raid5.

File system is btrfs.

Before 1.02b bootloader released, I had to use the DS3615xs 1.02a bootloader because the DS916+ bootloader didn't contain rtl8169 NIC kernel module.

Today I made a usb stick with the DS916+ 1.02b bootloader, and updated DSM from DS3615 6.1.1 to  DS916+ 6.1.2 with no errors and reserved all data and settings.

Thanks @jun and @Polanskiman.

The only thing I can't sure is that the Video Station's hardware accelerator is enabled or not.

Is that mean the 1.02B with DS916+ has contain all the required network driver for the Realtek ? 

And the other thing, does the accelertation of the H/W only available on Intel "Braswell" ? How about the old architecture such as "Haswell" or the latest "Skylake"?

Hey guy's 

After reading nearly the entirethread and the other one about upgrading to 6.1 i have reached a conclusion that i am having drivers issues,

i am running an OEM board with Atom D2250 with quicknic's loader running 6.02

using : Dual Broadcom® 57788 Gigabit PCIe Ethernet Controller

when i am trying to use 1.02b loader the nas isnt found on the network,

i have open the extra.lzma and i "think" i see my driver there

i have tries to switch various extra.lzma \ drivers.lzma files,

i hgave two questions:

how can i be certain the network driver has been loaded?

Thnx Eldadh

Edited by eldadh

Hi,

I've an issue in my migration from 1.01 to 1.02b loader on ds3615xs under ESXi.

I proceed by updating vmdk disk image, copying etc. all 1.02b loader files, reboot ... the VM starts, then I'm able to connect on Assistant etc.

Assistant detect material from 6.02, that DSM is to update ... I manually upload the DSM_DS3615xs_15132.pat ... everything Ok, after 10' reboot ...

And now I've big issue, as after reboot the system restart with Assistant who see disks to recover, but each time it proceed on ... the system reboot, and Assistant restart then detect a system to recover ... never ending story ...

Is somebody able to help me ?

Thanks !

Hi! I am on HP gen8 and it worked nice with "DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha"

DSM version is 6.1

Now, I mount synoboot.img (1.02b) with osfmount (as usual) and I change only grub.cfg according to my USB stick and MAC Addresses.

I wrote .img on USB, but now when I try to boot the server It doesn't appear on the network.
I connected through the "virtual serial" and I discovered that no ip address was assigned. I tryed to log in into my diskstation but It returns a Login incorrect!

</>hpiLO-> VSP

Virtual Serial Port Active: COM1

Starting virtual serial port.
Press 'ESC (' to return to the CLI Session.

DiskStation login: my_username
Password: my_password
Login incorrect

Does anyone any idea to manage this issue?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, m3rlinux said:

Hi! I am on HP gen8 and it worked nice with "DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha"

DSM version is 6.1

Now, I mount synoboot.img (1.02b) with osfmount (as usual) and I change only grub.cfg according to my USB stick and MAC Addresses.

I wrote .img on USB, but now when I try to boot the server It doesn't appear on the network.
I connected through the "virtual serial" and I discovered that no ip address was assigned. I tryed to log in into my diskstation but It returns a Login incorrect!

</>hpiLO-> VSP

Virtual Serial Port Active: COM1

Starting virtual serial port.
Press 'ESC (' to return to the CLI Session.

DiskStation login: my_username
Password: my_password
Login incorrect

Does anyone any idea to manage this issue?

Many thanks

I managed to solve this silly issue...
I had disabled DHCP on my router and I enabled it on DSM. :smile:
The new image need a DHCP to boot correctly, so I re-enabled it on my router and when it boot I did a recovery (proposed by dsm) and a reboot again.
Everything works good now!

On 16.10.2016 at 7:12 PM, Dreadnought said:

For me it is working with version 6.0.2 with the H340 but everytime I want to shut it down the H340 is rebooting. The last version without this bug is version 5.1.

Do you know this issue or have a workaround?

Hello @ all, 
I run an Acer Easystore H340 
 - CPU Intel® Atom 230
- Chipset: Intel® 945GC Express + ICH7R
- RAM: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz

XPenology v1.02Loader with DSM 6.1.2 on external USB Stick

I updated from 5.1 -> 5.2 and then with the v1.02Loader to 6.1.2 Everything is working fine so far, but I can verify that till 5.1 the server shut down normally via webinterface and with newer software it reboots every time.

Maybe someone else has a fix meanwhile?

10 hours ago, satdream said:

Hi,

I've an issue in my migration from 1.01 to 1.02b loader on ds3615xs under ESXi.

I proceed by updating vmdk disk image, copying etc. all 1.02b loader files, reboot ... the VM starts, then I'm able to connect on Assistant etc.

Assistant detect material from 6.02, that DSM is to update ... I manually upload the DSM_DS3615xs_15132.pat ... everything Ok, after 10' reboot ...

And now I've big issue, as after reboot the system restart with Assistant who see disks to recover, but each time it proceed on ... the system reboot, and Assistant restart then detect a system to recover ... never ending story ...

Is somebody able to help me ?

Thanks !

Finally I recover a working system migrating from DS3615x to DS3617xs ... as reconfiguring the vmdk disk with 3617xs loader, then assistant detected a new migration, thanks to option keeping data in btfs mode (but reconfiguring the DSM itself), it installed a complete working configuration (still on ESXi with datastore located on the same device as the bootloader ... btw no usb key to keep all the time)

Thanks for the work on loaders !

Edited by satdream

On 30/06/2017 at 6:13 PM, mcdull said:

So my VM has now been stable and running for 3 days and 3 hours now.  Completely backed up the entire storage array to Crashplan using the docker image and there has been no issues with it what so ever.

Would still like to know what happens if I directly update the DSM version to latest with the newest bootloader?  I presume it will break?  Is the only way to rebuild the OS partitions on the array?

Hi! Making a clear install of DSM 6.1 on a PC with 1.02b bootloader. Everything works fine until reboot. After reboot there's an grub error in rescue mode - no such partition. Flashing the stick again returns DSM to life but till next reboot. Is there a solution?

Moved to another topic. Deletable.

Edited by Riddick