XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

v1.02b (DS3615xs , DS3615xs and DS916+) is for DSM 6.1 - Loader is not backward compatible with DSM 6.0.2 - LATEST VERSION

Is that meant to say 

v1.02b (DS3615xs , DS3617xs and DS916+) is for DSM 6.1 - Loader is not backward compatible with DSM 6.0.2 - LATEST VERSION

Also is update DSM 6.1.2-15132 safe to update to on loader v1.02a2 ??

just migrated from 10.2a to 1.02b (only had to recover on 1st boot with synology assistant, took just a few seconds) and did update from 6.1.1 u4 to 6.1.2 - no problems, the fix for loading the modules from lib/modules/update seems to work as intended

bare matel , Asrock C2550D4I, ds3615xs

11 minutes ago, Ysyn said:

Is that meant to say 

v1.02b (DS3615xs , DS3617xs and DS916+) is for DSM 6.1 - Loader is not backward compatible with DSM 6.0.2 - LATEST VERSION

yes the files to download are for all three images (thumbs up to jun for also doing 3615xs)

Also is update DSM 6.1.2-15132 safe to update to on loader v1.02a2 ??

depends on your point of view, technicaly it's still the same kernel in 6.1.2 so it works but as 1.02a2 still has the bug to not load the modules added by the extra.lzma (all drivers not provided by synology, as vmware and so on) its likely it will prevent the system from booting after the backup. can be fixed by copying the drivers as mentioned before

i would recommand to first using the running installation with 1.02b und update dsm after that (thats what i did and it worked)

Edited by IG-88

5 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

1.02a2 still has the bug to not load the modules added by the extra.lzma (all drivers not provided by synology, as vmware and so on) its likely it will prevent the system from booting after the backup. can be fixed by copying the drivers as mentioned before

What issue is this I have not come across this yet?

Edited by Ysyn

1 hour ago, fly said:

yes i did but i dont see the ip either in routher

Sorry I couldn't help, perhaps you should post your system specs including the what type of NIC you are using. It's possible that someone with similar setup might be able to help you.

1.02b worked on three different bare-metal systems for me.

Previously installed version: DSM 6.1.2-15132 @ 1.02a

- HP MicroServer Gen8 with Xeon

- Intel Z77 with Core i7

- AMD A78 FCH with A6

All systems started in "recovery mode" (DHCP). After a quick repair all systems run fine with their original configuration incl. SSD cache on the AMD system.

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

"its an old script bug due to my oversight, I am uploading a new version to fix it, hopefully without introduce new bugs"

O right, I didn't use the additional extra.lzma.. I left the default one in the loader. so this shouldn't effect me then?

1 hour ago, Ysyn said:

O right, I didn't use the additional extra.lzma..

thats not what i wrote, dsm brings some drivers within itself (usualy for the hardware used for original synology boxes) and jun (additional to make dsm work on non synology hardware) also provided drivers within the file extra.lzma with the bootloader

1 hour ago, Ysyn said:

I left the default one in the loader. so this shouldn't effect me then?

as i don't know exactly under what conditions it happend (in some cases people might not had seen the effect because the hardware was working with the drivers synology provides directly in dsm)

the drivers additionaly provided by jun in the extra.lzma seem not to work when updating a 6.x version with a complete new/full *.pat file (like 6.1 -> 6.1.1, 6.1.1->6.1.2) where the complete boot partition is inside the file, on the other hand fresh installs always worked

when you search "/lib/modules/update" then you will find a lot like tis

I'm running DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 on a ESXi 6.5 install.  Am I able to simply install the new version b loader over my old boot image and then let DSM reboot and then allow it to update to the latest version without a clean install? I've got a large amount of data that I would rather not have to re-download using Hyperbackup...

I'm quite new here, therefore not so familiar with the details even if I read a lot in the last few days.

Is it correct, that the latest bootloader for ESXi Server is 1.02a and 1.02a2 and 1.02b are for baremetal installation on USB only?
Will there be a zip version for 3617 installation on ESXi as well including the img, ovf, vmx and vmdk files?
I read, this version does support the Xeon processors better than the 3615 version.

Any hint or link for reading is appreciated.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Bob the Builder said:

v1.02b - clean install works perfect on 6.5

how did you do a clean install ? there is only the .img file available

i get error 35 cannot format the disk when i try to do a new install ESXi 6.0

is your synoboot attached as Restricted Virtual Disk or SCSI 0:0?

Edited by jitesh_88
more info