XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Confirmed, upgrading VIA GUI from 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 to 6.1.2-15132 worked without issues. 

My sys spec:

Install: Bare Metal

Loader: DS3617xs v1.02a2.

Motherboard: Supermicro X10SLH-F BIOS Revision:  R 3.0a

RAM:32Gb ECC ram

CPU: XEON E3-1276 v3

HBA: SAS 9211-8i flashed to it mode firmware P20

Volume SHR2

Uptime: 13 hours. 

So far so good however the system was running for only 13+ hours. Will report if anything not working correctly.

On 15/6/2017 at 4:21 PM, Arcao said:

Damn, I can't edit my previous post. :-o

Anyway, after copy kernel modules from extra.lzma to /lib/modules, it works again! So it looks like missing kernel modules detection is not present in a bootloader.

I have same issue with my HP gen8. I'm newbe, please, can you help me? Many thanks!

2 hours ago, m3rlinux said:

I have same issue with my HP gen8. I'm newbe, please, can you help me? Many thanks!

I managed to solve :smile:
I managed to access to virtual serial console following instructions found in this thread.
So, I had login into my NAS and by "sudo -i" I had root access.

After that I did these two commands

cp /lib/modules/update/libphy.ko /lib/modules/
cp /lib/modules/update/tg3.ko /lib/modules/

finally I rebooted DSM and Networ starting working again.
I apologyze my poor english.

Hi guys,
I tried to update my NAS (ds3617ds Jun's 1.02a2) from DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 to DSM 6.1.2-15132 without luck, no lan. Fortunately I have serial cable connected to my router so I am able to debug it. Anyway the update removed all custom kernel drivers which was copied while initial installation. The modified rc and rc.modules are present, kernel modules and firmwares not. I tried also run reinstall bootloader choice, but it doesn't resolve missing kernel modules.
Last chance is to copy missing kernel modules manually with second USB drive.

its an old script bug due to my oversight, I am uploading a new version to fix it, hopefully without introduce new bugs :smile:
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, meimeiriver said:

Sorry, missed that. I thought I saw someone say it worked on bare metal.

clean install works on all configurations(bare metal and ESX ). my test lab it's on vmware 12 + esx 5 + esx 6 + esx 6.5:)

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jun said:

its an old script bug due to my oversight, I am uploading a new version to fix it, hopefully without introduce new bugs :smile:

@jun, is it 1.02b? It seem it cannot boot up for ds3617 in baremetal, always said migratable. Even, I use it for new install, it still got the same issue.

Use back 1.02a2, no problem on clean installation, 6.11 or 6.12

14 hours ago, foxbat said:

esx 6.5. update fail. fresh install 6.1.2 ok

Same here.
update crash my DSM.

I made a clean install.

Someone does know why update fails with ESXI ?

But my volume is crashed without repair option, never see this message, and all datas are available....

I really dont understand how this guys from Synology think! I did the update DSM 6.1.2-15132  from 6.1.1. bare metal.

Not succesful. Ok, no biggie. I just reinstall the DSM, the data partition is safe, right?

And here it comes, the setup page says: "please click Recover if you want to recover your data and settings now."

But what if i dont want to recover? If i want to start anew?  What other button is there to push? None!

Any ideeas?

Hi all,

I just used V1.02a for an ESXi install after an update that upset the DSM and complained of a recovery mode.

Whatever...

I used the V1.02 and installed from scratch and it seems like it's running the latest version now: 

Current DSM version:    DSM 6.1.2-15132

Now, my problem is that I can't create volumes, even though I've edited the synoinfo.conf file and enabled SHR:

support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

Any suggestions?

DSMvol.PNG

5 hours ago, fitman said:

@jun, is it 1.02b? It seem it cannot boot up for ds3617 in baremetal, always said migratable. Even, I use it for new install, it still got the same issue.

Use back 1.02a2, no problem on clean installation, 6.11 or 6.12

Sorry, fixed

2 hours ago, jun said:

Sorry, fixed

Would you be able to produce a build for AMD N54L please :smile: - the experimental version you did for 1.01 worked so would it be possible to apply them to your new loader?

If not could you provide more information on what you did to produce that loader so we can look at spinning our own release?