XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Create a custom DDNS, configure it in DSM and then configure your firewall(s) accordingly. That's all that needs to be done and you will be able to access your box from outside your home network.

For using DDNS you still need white dynamic IP :-|

If you don't have white dynamic IP and can't configure ISP's hardware (expected) - vpn/tunnel is single way to access :lol:

Any experience with 6.1.1 u2 on AMD E350-M1 ? I have DSM5 running on that system. I would like to reinstall to the latest DSM6.

Mine is working smooth for a week on AMD E350-M1-I: bare metal installation with 6.1.1 (downloaded directly from synology) + juno's 1.02a DS3615xs.

Had some troubles with ethernet after the update done keeping DSM settings.

Solved selecting the force install option and doing a clean install (you will lose settings of DMS but not data).

Update 2 installed by DSM web interface.

Any experience with HP N54L?

Does it work since the beginning of 6.1, or is recent?

thanks

:smile:

Create a custom DDNS, configure it in DSM and then configure your firewall(s) accordingly. That's all that needs to be done and you will be able to access your box from outside your home network.

If you don't have white dynamic IP and can't configure ISP's hardware (expected) - vpn/tunnel is single way to access :lol:

What is white dynamic ip? Even google doesn't know anything about it.

If you don't have white dynamic IP and can't configure ISP's hardware (expected) - vpn/tunnel is single way to access [emoji38]

You need only an account to one of the ddns service available for free and than you need to configure it in your dsm. That's all.

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

You need only an account to one of the ddns service available for free and than you need to configure it in your dsm. That's all.

Is it really so hard understanding in this simple question?

If you can "ping" your router/pc/nas from outside (not from your local network and not from network of your ISP) - it's ok, dont matter, skip asking, do not post any questions. Just stop using QuickConnect and use custom DDNS service.

If you can't - only tunnel or vpn can grant access to your nas.

If you can "ping" your router/pc/nas from outside (not from your local network and not from network of your ISP) - it's ok, dont matter, skip asking, do not post any questions. Just stop using QuickConnect and use custom DDNS service.

If you can't ping your IP from outside, it means you (or your ISP) disabled ICMP echo requests. This has nothing to do with reaching your network from outside.

Any experience with 6.1.1 u2 on AMD E350-M1 ? I have DSM5 running on that system. I would like to reinstall to the latest DSM6.

Mine is working smooth for a week on AMD E350-M1-I: bare metal installation with 6.1.1 (downloaded directly from synology) + juno's 1.02a DS3615xs.

Had some troubles with ethernet after the update done keeping DSM settings.

Solved selecting the force install option and doing a clean install (you will lose settings of DMS but not data).

Update 2 installed by DSM web interface.

Any experience with HP N54L?

Does it work since the beginning of 6.1, or is recent?

thanks

:smile:

6.1 isn't working on N54L using 1.02a2 loader I'm afraid at this time :sad:

Edited by Guest

From a previous post. This how I got my N54L to work.

ema wrote:

HP Gen8 with integrated dual nic

Upgrade is working but no network after reboot...

I connect to my Gen8 with iLO VSP (iLO Virtual Serial Port) and I found that there are 2 file missing from /lib/modules after upgrade: libphy.ko and tg3.ko

I have found these two files under /lib/modules/update so I copied them under /lib/modules (don't forget to chmod 644 them) and reboot... now network is working again.

I think, as Jun's said, there's something related to update script to fix... but, as other said, clean install work.

Ciao

ema

Anyone ever got this message? http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/twistedus/media/Capture2.png.html

I can't connect anymore on the NAS and even the drive map is not accessible anymore. I installed XPEnology 6.1.1 lastest update yesterday using DS3617xs v1.02a2. I was working fine. This morning I had this... I tried to reboot, but no result...

Have you tried unplugging and reinserting your network cable when your Xpenology is in this state?

Every time I've lost connectivity this has worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

can some one please tell me what pat file i should use with V1.02a2

i have tried pat files DSM_DS3617xs_15101.pat, DSM_DS3617xs_15047.pat and DSM_DS3617xs_8754.pat

they all get to around 56% install then they fail with a your pat file may be corrupt but i don't think they are

Anyone ever got this message? http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/twistedus/media/Capture2.png.html

I can't connect anymore on the NAS and even the drive map is not accessible anymore. I installed XPEnology 6.1.1 lastest update yesterday using DS3617xs v1.02a2. I was working fine. This morning I had this... I tried to reboot, but no result...

Have you tried unplugging and reinserting your network cable when your Xpenology is in this state?

Every time I've lost connectivity this has worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I even tried to unplug it from the wall for a few minutes and replug and turn it on, but same result :sad:

can some one please tell me what pat file i should use with V1.02a2

i have tried pat files DSM_DS3617xs_15101.pat, DSM_DS3617xs_15047.pat and DSM_DS3617xs_8754.pat

they all get to around 56% install then they fail with a your pat file may be corrupt but i don't think they are

I also used DSM_DS3617xs_15101.pat and had the same error. :sad:

If you can't ping your IP from outside, it means you (or your ISP) disabled ICMP echo requests. This has nothing to do with reaching your network from outside.

This is starting to get off-topic.

You have been advised to setup a custom DDNS to access your box from outside your network. That's what most people do and it works fine.

In my experience ping wont work with most DDNS but it does not mean your box is unreachable. Use

nmap -PN [yourdomain]

to check what ports are open. You can then set up a VPN server in DSM or within your router if your router permits it.

Discussion closed. Further discussion on this will be deleted. If you want support then search the forum and if there isn't available thread then open a new one.

This is a problem aka "Time bomb" - it happens after installation and using DSM through 12-24 hours or something about it.

I have same problems few times, i don't know how to fix it and nobody can help me here.

This is a problem aka "Time bomb" - it happens after installation and using DSM through 12-24 hours or something about it.

I have same problems few times, i don't know how to fix it and nobody can help me here.

try to use 3615 with 1.02a (not 1.02a2)

try to use 3615 with 1.02a (not 1.02a2)

But as i write before - i need 3617 :sad:

can someone post a list or a link to the correct files. i some how cant find the files for just updates to regular 6.0 I updated it to 6.1 and the system is dead in the water. and by updating the juns loader to 1.02 3615 Going from any update past 6.01 seems like the system was giving me a hard time. If anyone has a link to do increment updates that would be awesome. and if someone has a downgrade guide 6.1 to 6.0 im all ears. my issues with stock 6 was it had memory leaks and the cpu was spiking with nothing running.. i wanted to do incremental updates but was getting stuck i read on page 200 you have to force install which worked for the loader but i loaded and installed the wrong pat file. :sad: fuck my life

can someone post a list or a link to the correct files. i some how cant find the files for just updates to regular 6.0 I updated it to 6.1 and the system is dead in the water. and by updating the juns loader to 1.02 3615 Going from any update past 6.01 seems like the system was giving me a hard time. If anyone has a link to do increment updates that would be awesome. and if someone has a downgrade guide 6.1 to 6.0 im all ears. my issues with stock 6 was it had memory leaks and the cpu was spiking with nothing running.. i wanted to do incremental updates but was getting stuck i read on page 200 you have to force install which worked for the loader but i loaded and installed the wrong pat file. :sad:

Links to DSM and critical updates have been provided countless times in the forum. I created a topic now so that this question (hopefully) does not come up again. See here >>> http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33043

My "live" system currently runs DSM 6.0.2-8451 update 9 via ESX 6.5. This is with Jun's v1.01 loader for DS3615xs.

My data drives are connected to my LSI2008 based HBA flashed to IT mode and passed through to this VM.

Yesterday I created another VM but this time based on the DS3617xs using Jun's v1.02a2 and created one virtual disk as a test. It is running DSM 6.1.1-15101 update 2. So far so good. No issues. No time bomb errors. Installed some apps as a test. Will try this for a week or two to make sure there are no issues and then create a new VM with the same settings and pass my drives through.

Currently on my "live" system, volume1 is setup as SHR. should this migrate ok to the new 6.1.1 based VM?

Cheers,

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I used Migration with Junes 1.02 Loader (network worked)

but after reboot the network does not come up!?

i found out there is a difference between normal boot and install boot

with "loadlinux 3615 usb mfg" the network works

with the normal boot " loadlinux 3615 usb" the network does not come up

My "live" system currently runs DSM 6.0.2-8451 update 9 via ESX 6.5. This is with Jun's v1.01 loader for DS3615xs.

My data drives are connected to my LSI2008 based HBA flashed to IT mode and passed through to this VM.

Yesterday I created another VM but this time based on the DS3617xs using Jun's v1.02a2 and created one virtual disk as a test. It is running DSM 6.1.1-15101 update 2. So far so good. No issues. No time bomb errors. Installed some apps as a test. Will try this for a week or two to make sure there are no issues and then create a new VM with the same settings and pass my drives through.

Currently on my "live" system, volume1 is setup as SHR. should this migrate ok to the new 6.1.1 based VM?

Cheers,

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I dont advise to migrate to DSM 6.1.1. There is problem with migration on esxi vm. Before you do that with live system do some tests with migration first. As far as i know all users doing migration on esxi reported brick system, including me.