XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Has there been a fix for the APC UPC not being detected in DSM 6.0.1 UPDATE 1 or 11 pugged in either front or back.

It was working fine in 5.2 with a HP N54L, plugged in the back usb ports.

UPDATE - Back-UPS ES 500 and Back-UPS ES 350 are on the Syno compatibility list, however Back-UPS ES 700 is not :oops:

Polanskiman said:

@jun

WARNING

I was able to install 6.1.1 with v1.02a2 on VBOX. This was a fresh install with 6.1.1.

Nc15ktN.jpg

I also tried doing an upgrade to 6.1.1 from 6.1 but that didn't seem to work so well. I tried several times. I wasn't able to access the GUI and there was no network activity. I did notice some unusual logs though. Those Hunk # signify that the patch needs to be updated for 6.1.1:

patching file etc/rc
Hunk #1 succeeded at 169 (offset 6 lines).
patching file etc/synoinfo.conf
Hunk #1 succeeded at 280 (offset 4 lines).
patching file linuxrc.syno
Hunk #1 succeeded at 38 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 117 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 397 (offset 13 lines).

or

[  151.364970] md1: Failed to send sync event: (sync type: resync, finish: 0, interrupt: 0)

A hard reset did not solve the issue obviously.

The advice to everyone is to NOT update to 6.1.1. Even doing a fresh install with 6.1.1 is not advisable. This needs to be addressed by Jun first.

That's why I run VDSM:) Updating one now

Has there been a fix for the APC UPC not being detected in DSM 6.0.1 UPDATE 1 or 11 pugged in either front or back.

It was working fine in 5.2 with a HP N54L, plugged in the back usb ports.

UPDATE - Back-UPS ES 500 and Back-UPS ES 350 are on the Syno compatibility list, however Back-UPS ES 700 is not :oops:

Yes there is a fix. The issue is down to the current build not having USB 1.1 Compatibility (APC USB for mine is 1.1 probably the same for all early ones, mines a Smart UPS 750).

The fix is to install a USB 3.0 card in the N54L, that acts as a hub and lets DSM see it correctly. Got mine from Amazon.co.uk here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C86K4IG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DSM 6 now sees it correctly.

Hi. Simple question. Has enyone tried 6.1.1 update on DS3615xs loader?

I tried both 3615xs and 3617xs and none worked when doing an upgrade. By "none worked" I mean that the update actually was applied successfuly but then when the machine rebooted automatically I was then unable to acces DSM.

Making a fresh install with DSM 6.1.1 doesn't seem to be a problem although I see unsual logs related to the patching that should be addressed in order to avoid potential issues.

I don't find pat files for 3615/3617...

Hi.

This update was normally visible from control panel "Update & restore" on my baremetal with DS3615xs loader, but today when i logged in i don't see it anymore. It was reverted by Synology itself? And ther's no ".pat" file for 3615 in http://download.synology.com/download/D ... 1.1/15101/ location. Maybe it had some serious problems.

6.1.1 was available in all their repositories yesterday and 6.1.1 was being proposed within DSM update settings.

This means Synology has removed those updates most certainly because they had some bug and they didn't want the update to spread any further.

I don't find pat files for 3615/3617...

Hi.

This update was normally visible from control panel "Update & restore" on my baremetal with DS3615xs loader, but today when i logged in i don't see it anymore. It was reverted by Synology itself? And ther's no ".pat" file for 3615 in http://download.synology.com/download/D ... 1.1/15101/ location. Maybe it had some serious problems.

6.1.1 was available in all their repositories yesterday and 6.1.1 was being proposed within DSM update settings.

This means Synology has removed those updates most certainly because they had some bug and they didn't want the update to spread any further.

Hmm I already ran the update yesterday, but I hope I won't have issues... :???:

Please send logs when all above is corrected.

I put logs up but gave up on v1.02a2 ds3617xs. I dont think juns patch for it is working just yet.

Rolled back to 1.02a ds3615xs with injected broadcom

3617xs works fine for me.

You said you "injected" broadcom. Do you mean you used the ramdisk I posted here or did you do something else?

Still Shows in VDSM's. Guess they goofed big

You said you "injected" broadcom. Do you mean you used the ramdisk I posted here or did you do something else?

I did not use the ramdisk. Just the pre compiled file. I need to pull source for nic/raid and compile.

Raid booted bad after a day with bad super.

I did not use the ramdisk. Just the pre compiled file. I need to pull source for nic/raid and compile.

Raid booted bad after a day with bad super.

So the firmware is not being asked anymore by DSM?

Care to share what source you used?

As for the disk controller the module is already included in the loader so I am not sure why you needed to compile that again. I thought your problem was only network access to your box.

@Polanskiman

I tried your ramdisk on my dell T310 poweredge server and no ip adress however i used the guide by IG-88 and i was able to add the right firmware for bnx2 and got an ip address.

my problems didn't end there after a bare metal install upon the first reboot diskstation disappeared from the network! :???: