XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

FYI: I just finished installing DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 on my Baremetal Microserver Gen8 with a Xeon E3-1220v2 and 10gb ram (2+8).

I used viewtopic.php?p=74492#p74492

However, I did not download a seperate PAT file, I just used the default setup. I made a small edit to enable root login in SSH and made it possible to create SHR diskgroups. Small note on the enable SHR trick. I had to reboot to enable the creation of SHR diskgroups.

When I was done, I installed the latest update that was available. Now I just have to see if this keeps running stable in the coming week.

Where did you get the shutdown file from that post mentions to get WOL working?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FYI: I just finished installing DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 on my Baremetal Microserver Gen8 with a Xeon E3-1220v2 and 10gb ram (2+8).

However, I did not download a seperate PAT file, I just used the default setup. I made a small edit to enable root login in SSH and made it possible to create SHR diskgroups. Small note on the enable SHR trick. I had to reboot to enable the creation of SHR diskgroups.

When I was done, I installed the latest update that was available. Now I just have to see if this keeps running stable in the coming week.

With the new 6.0.x DSM my WOL is finally working, don't need any fancy SN + MAC address magic to make it work (using ASUS Merlin to send the command, even over Internet).

I have found with latest DSM update 2 that I have WoL functioning normally. I am using my native MAC address in the loader and for the WoL program.

In regard to WoL on my DS1813+ I use a perl package for WoL to wake my computers at night and conduct backups. "ether-wake -i eth0 [MAC]" is the command I use but I recall having to add ether-wake to DSM.

I tried installing the package (.ipk file) manually through the package centre and it states it is not a compatible file type. Has DSM 6 changed packages or do I need to install it via command line in SSH? I've lost he page I originally used for instructions (I'm not a Linux man :razz:).

With the new 6.0.x DSM my WOL is finally working, don't need any fancy SN + MAC address magic to make it work (using ASUS Merlin to send the command, even over Internet).

Do you mean update 10 for 6.0.2 ?

hi,

i got button shutdown working for 6.1 (u2, loader jun 3615xs 1.02a) with the scripts working for 6.0 (http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=76373#p76373), just had to remove the *.ko files (different kernel for 6.1), the new button.ko is provided by jun's loader and the missing evdev.ko i build from the kernel files (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/ ... z/download) in a chroot (plugin from synocommunity.com) on the DSM 6.1 (as discribed by Arcao for 6.0)

barematel install on asrock C2550D4I (the 3615 is key, 3617 did not work - no install at all possible)

edit: uploaded the evdev.ko for DSM_DS3615xs_15047 (DSM 6.1 bromolow)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=937 ... 8913451187

Edited by Guest

Would you kindly point out how to enable SHR creation and perhaps also the root login. Thanks

First you need to enable root login. I followed these steps:

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 75#p424956

(Basicly, download Putty, put in the ip of the nas, login with the username and password, follow the commands and you are done.)

For the enabling of SHR I used my favorite program WinSCP. I used the root login I made in the previous step and logged in (create a new profile login with the SCP protocol), find the file /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and edit it. just like the steps here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216&start=440#p74525

Sorry, I did not use that as my machine is always on.

Tried to test Latest Alpha(17xs a2) on the Dell R710.( Broadcom NetXtreme® II 5709c )

Are the Braodcom Nics causing and issue?

The dell 790s I noticed that when I used SYBA 2 Port Ethernet PCIe x 1 Card, Realtek RTL8111 chip they did not play well with Network. When I used onboard Intel all seemed fine on install.

But if I tried a vdsm heatbeat between them they did not like it ata all.

Both modules/drivers for Broadcom NetXtreme® II 5709c and Realtek RTL8111 are included in the extra ramdisk of both loaders v1.02a and v1.02a2.

:: Loading module qlcnic ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module r8169 ... [  OK  ]

Try re-downloading the loader and doing a fresh install. For some reason the first download I did of v1.02a2 seemed to be missing some modules. Not sure if it was me who messed up, the download who got corrupted or that Jun actually updated the loader in the meantime but I re-downloaded and now those 2 among others more are showing.

If that's possible and if it still doesn't work try checking the logs through consol and a serial cable.

DiskStation> lsmod | grep bnx2

bnx2x 1417616 0

bnx2 73633 0

libcrc32c 898 1 bnx2x

mdio 3293 3 bnx2x,sfc,alx

DiskStation> ifconfig eth0 up

[407668.962886] bnx2: Can't load firmware file "bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw"

ifconfig: ioctl 0x8914 failed: No such file or directory

I did the procedure DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip, and now the following message appears:

Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)

Thanks for the help.

Check your VID and PID whether it is correct or not.

Also use another sn and mac.

Clean up the hard disk and. Install again.

No need to re-enable root user, seriously. Just alias

sudo su - 

to something you'll remember (I use

sume 

), and use that command to get root access. Which is unnecessary most of the time.

I tested both D3617xs and DS916+ with loader v1.02a2. There seems to be an issue with the DS916+. This was done under VirtualBox. Below the logs:

How did you convert the synoboot.img to vdi or similar? I tried converting through vboxmanage convertdd but now my PC is rebooting on me every time I try to start the virtual?

I tested both D3617xs and DS916+ with loader v1.02a2. There seems to be an issue with the DS916+. This was done under VirtualBox. Below the logs:

How did you convert the synoboot.img to vdi or similar? I tried converting through vboxmanage convertdd but now my PC is rebooting on me every time I try to start the virtual?

I converted the .img to .iso. There is a plethora of software on the internet that can do that. If you are on a MAC you can simply use the Disk Utility to convert the .img file to .cdr and then simply rename the extension to .iso. Just make sure the image format is DVD/CD Master when you convert it.

I converted the .img to .iso. There is a plethora of software on the internet that can do that. If you are on a MAC you can simply use the Disk Utility to convert the .img file to .cdr and then simply rename the extension to .iso. Just make sure the image format is DVD/CD Master when you convert it.

Turns out the vboxmanage convertdd command did convert it ok, it was the PC i was using it on didn't have VT-x. Now to work out why I am not getting an IP address in bridged mode, which Network card did you select?

Turns out the vboxmanage convertdd command did convert it ok, it was the PC i was using it on didn't have VT-x. Now to work out why I am not getting an IP address in bridged mode, which Network card did you select?

You can use the Intel Pro/1000 T Server.

just picked up this old dell poweredge T310 server and having no luck with the 6.1 loader.

the network card is a BCM5709C Dual Port NIC and it is listed as supported and clearly works on 6.0.2 loader but not on 6.1

the same USB 6.1 works on other servers so i know it's not the USB

anyone using the same nic on 6.1?

You can use the Intel Pro/1000 T Server.

Yeah that is what I was using, doesn't seem to boot properly though. Using the same settings on a Ubuntu live disc results in a network connection but not with the v1.02a2 img weird. Will start fresh and see how I go.

i have 1.02a running 3617xs in virtual box,using the intel pro 1000/mt desktop (bridge mode with the hardware nic) and i gave the nic the mac that was used inside the synoboot.vmdk image (on IDE controller) - try to set the mac propperly so synoimage and vm nic using the same mac?

for the disks used in dsm6.1 the vm has to use scsi controller/disks

just picked up this old dell poweredge T310 server and having no luck with the 6.1 loader.

the network card is a BCM5709C Dual Port NIC and it is listed as supported and clearly works on 6.0.2 loader but not on 6.1

the same USB 6.1 works on other servers so i know it's not the USB

anyone using the same nic on 6.1?

just a few psost before

viewtopic.php?p=98874#p98874

looks like the 1.02a/a2 dont have all the firmware files inside

you could try to download the fw files somewhere else (http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/non- ... y.1.tar.gz) and put them into the extra.lzma (\usr\lib\firmware\bnx2\) which is part of the image.img inside the synoboot.img (unsing OSFMount)

I attempted to inject firmware into image via OFSMount with no success.

sorry i'm just guessing, its what i would try so ....

looking further into the extra.lzma, there is /etc/rc.modules

EXTRA_FIRMWARES="bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-09ax-6.0.17.fw bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-09-6.0.17.fw bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-06-6.0.15.fw tigon/tg3_tso5.bin tigon/tg3_tso.bin tigon/tg3.bin"

so looks like the firmware file has to be mentioned in that file to work?

I attempted to inject firmware into image via OFSMount with no success.

sorry i'm just guessing, its what i would try so ....

looking further into the extra.lzma, there is /etc/rc.modules

EXTRA_FIRMWARES="bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-09ax-6.0.17.fw bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-09-6.0.17.fw bnx2/bnx2-rv2p-06-6.0.15.fw tigon/tg3_tso5.bin tigon/tg3_tso.bin tigon/tg3.bin"

so looks like the firmware file has to be mentioned in that file to work?

I am not sure if jun compiled or just tossed a kernel ID. Guessing its not compiled for 3.10

Tossed a kernel ID? Not sure what that is supposed to mean but if modules were not compiled against the proper source code they would simply not work. Do not confuse modules and firmware.

All modules within the v1.02a (or v1.02a2) loaders are compiled against DSM 6.1 source code and made to work with linux kernel 3.10.102. There is no other way around. In your case, the firmware seems to be missing. I checked the extra ramdisk and it is not there. The rc.modules also needs to be updated with the added firmware or whatever module you add in the ramdisk else it wont be loaded during kernel boot. I have made the necessary changes in the ramdisk. Let me know if it works (or not). I can't test it myself since I do not have that NIC.

https://mega.nz/#!OQplzISJ!L6HzXJq2ZwX- ... k99jYVwKBc

note to myself: This ramdisk only contains the additional firmware bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw on top of the default ones added by Jun. Nothing else.

now jun loader 1.01 @ dsm6.0.2 is work on N54L

I want up to dsm 6.1 but jun loader 1.01 can't support & jun loader 1.02 is not have amd support

any one tryed mod jun loader 1.02 support (n54l) amd ?

I hope jun next var can add back amd support

I know intel cpu & esxi work on jun 1.02 @ DSM6.1

but I only have n54l

I don't want install esxi host DSM6.1 because n54l cpu is not powerful~