XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

There is no need to use QuickConnect. Simply setup a custom DDNS instead.

Yes, I even didn't know that it costs and for what it is necessary until everything didn't fly at all few weeks ago. Always the used real IP and also free DDNS from the third-party supplier. But not all have Real of IP. But here recently noticed that the supplier of DDNS gives a similar fukntion - OVH (is in the list in settings).

Using my DS414 serial & MAC worked before I screwed up something in my XPEnology NAS and had to reinstall latest DS3615xs DSM.

No matter what registration data I use now there's no way to activate succesfully QuickConnect as I always get error. :???:

And all this is happening although I could succesfully register on account.synology.com with a serial generated by fonix232's web page.

Yes, I even didn't know that it costs and for what it is necessary until everything didn't fly at all few weeks ago. Always the used real IP and also free DDNS from the third-party supplier. But not all have Real of IP. But here recently noticed that the supplier of DDNS gives a similar fukntion - OVH (is in the list in settings).

QuickConnect is not simply DDNS, it's a reverse proxy for your NAS, hosted by Synology. It is a paid service, the price is included in the HW you buy.

Since none of us are buying the hardware, we are not exactly eligible to use the services. And about that I agree with Polanskiman. You simply have to look for another reverse proxy service that works for you.

QuickConnect is not simply DDNS, it's a reverse proxy for your NAS, hosted by Synology. It is a paid service, the price is included in the HW you buy.

Since none of us are buying the hardware, we are not exactly eligible to use the services. And about that I agree with Polanskiman. You simply have to look for another reverse proxy service that works for you.

I agree. I about it also wrote that not only DDNS. But that OVH provides similar service, providing "vpn" to users of the DDNS.

Hello, i've got some issues with internet access for my synology installation on microserver g7.

By instruction create flash with synology, change PID/VID, generate SN which was accepted in account.synology.com, regenerate MAC and succesfully installed on Microserver g7. Next few hours all was work right (i've installed letsencrypt cert via web) and after 2-3 hours internet is gone. No network access to external network (internet).

In network setting nothing changes , another hosts are working well. I cant install any package via package manager.

What's can be problem? Maybe in SN? I've made login in synology to portal synology and add quickconnect settings.

Thanks in advance.

Well feel free to use any of the serials from the image, I've removed them from my account.

I could succesfully register one of your provided serials, but as soon as I want to activate the QuickConnect service I get the 'unknown error' popup message. :???:

Is it because of a not paired MAC address?

I ask because even if I use my DS414 MAC & serial I get the same error (although it worked with update1 of DSM 6.1).

Well feel free to use any of the serials from the image, I've removed them from my account.

I could succesfully register one of your provided serials, but as soon as I want to activate the QuickConnect service I get the 'unknown error' popup message. :???:

Is it because of a not paired MAC address?

I ask because even if I use my DS414 MAC & serial I get the same error (although it worked with update1 of DSM 6.1).

No, it isn't related.

I've been trying for the last couple of days to install XPEnology on my Dell PowerEdge R510, without any success currently.

I recently was successful in testing 6.0.2 on a Dell R710. I put an Intel NIC in and booted off usb. The machine was found and I loaded the pat file. Then on reboot, I could not find it again, I moved the cat5 cable to NIC 1 of the server, not the Intel NIC, and it was found. I rebooted several times and it has been working for the past week.

I did not modify the image file in any way.

What did you change? I've got a broadcom, Chip on the R510, trying to remove my intel PCIe networking card that's currently in there, but can't see the onboard LOMs.

What did you modify? My XPEnology won't see it I've moved the Cat cables between ports it still can't see what I've plugged in.

Well no luck,it says cant read filesystem information and therefor cant mout the disks.

what to do know erase everyhting and start from scratch?

Have you tried like here?

Started with trying to format all drives with gpt...after thath syno assistant found the system again and said it was repairable again?

where do i find the right file for latest dsm to get installed?

Ok foubd the server again but now it kees saying that there are faults on my disks and that ata connections are shut of

Edited by Guest

Exactly, I really don't know why people think it's a good idea to use Synology's hosted service for a hacked Synology box..

It's the one thing that could force Synology to start making things difficult for these custom loaders.. ie, it's bloody daft and could plunge this site into dealing with accusations of 'piracy' rather than being the nice mod site that we all enjoy..

With the software and a custom build, you're not actually taking anything from them.

Using QuickConnect, you are..

These forums need mods that remove this sort of crap - before the site gets a takedown notice..

#H

I personally never felt the need for quickconnect, just wanna let you know that I have successfully moved all my data from DSM 6.0.2 Update 9 to the latest DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2.

I used DS3617xs boot loader.

My hardware:

Xeon Processor E3-1276 V3

Supermicro MBD-X10SLH-F-O

Kingston Technology ValueRAM 32GB Kit

LSI SAS9211-8I FIrmware P20 IT mode.

The system is very stable and no issue to report.

The loader worked out of the box, just did the usual VID PID Serial and MAC adress 1 and 2.

Thank you! :grin:

I personally never felt the need for quickconnect, just wanna let you know that I have successfully moved all my data from DSM 6.0.2 Update 9 to the latest DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2.

I used DS3617xs boot loader.

My hardware:

Xeon Processor E3-1276 V3

Kingston Technology ValueRAM 32GB Kit

LSI SAS9211-8I FIrmware P20 IT mode.

The system is very stable and no issue to report.

The loader worked out of the box, just did the usual VID PID Serial and MAC adress 1 and 2.

Thank you! :grin:

You say that you "moved all your data". Does that mean you did a fresh install or does it imply an upgrade from DS3615xs?

Nope. Did straight migration. Time bomb? Yeah I read it stops working after few days or so and some people had issue with 3615 doing the same. It's been running fine and if it craps on me oh well. This isn't the only box around here so my data is safe.

Congratulations! But how??? I have built the same network card as you(i210), but the device is not detected on the network after you download loadera. Can you clarify how many were waiting for or what items?

You need to change the mac address in grub.cfg to your nic's mac address.

So something like this

set mac1=your mac address 1

set mac2=your mac address 2

That's all I did.

I've uploaded a 6.1 alpha build to mega, for brave guys only :smile:

Do you think you will be able on a next release to implement a WOL feature DIRECTLY into the bootloader?

Something like we can enable/disable it from there and set the amount of time.

I see that many of us (me included) can't get WOL working into DSM at least from version v6.x on and I am worried about my hard drives working all the time. :???:

Yes native.

It is direct it isn't believed that change of MAC will correct a situation. I will reach the piece of iron - I will try.

P.S.

Here write that tried such option - every other day everything was filled up.

Interestingly as will work for you further. But it is interesting to me that at you in principle what at me wasn't started on i210 was started.