XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Hi all,accedently updated in console to latest dsm,after that my system was found and repairble,made new usb with juns loader but after restart it still says repairble.

Anyone can help me hout please to continue from here?

After a repair it says it cant connect?

Now i can't do nothing with it.

Edited by Guest

It has been discussed before. Next time please use the search engine in the upper left corner.

The way to do it is to boot into a live Linux distro, erase the contents of each hard disk's first partition (mount, then remove all files), then boot back into XPE. It should still say "recoverable"/"repairable", but you'll be able to run the install wizard with 6.0.2 again.

It has been discussed before. Next time please use the search engine in the upper left corner.

The way to do it is to boot into a live Linux distro, erase the contents of each hard disk's first partition (mount, then remove all files), then boot back into XPE. It should still say "recoverable"/"repairable", but you'll be able to run the install wizard with 6.0.2 again.

Ok have gparted on cd now,how/which files exactly must i delete and is t possible with gparted?

And off course thaanks for the help

Ok have gparted on cd now,how/which files exactly must i delete and is t possible with gparted?

Mount the first partition of each drive (it should be an ext4 drive). Delete all files. Unmount. Reboot.

Guys, FFS. READ MY F***** COMMENT:

Synology has changed the serial format about two years ago. I suppose they noticed that a LOT more DS3615xs has been registered than sold, and such, they made the move to the new format. I checked with support, if you encounter the "invalid serial no format" error on myds.synology.com, you need to send an e-mail to them, with a photo of the serial number sticker of your NAS. They will send you a converted new format serial that you can register, and your NAS will be able to work through QuickConnect.

It's not that hard to understand that DS3615xs "v1" format serials DO NOT WORK ANYMORE. I hope this makes things clear.

I'll update the serial generator as soon as I have some free time to think about the logic needed to do it. So if any of you has some experience with JavaScript, you're welcome to help.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a few "v2" format serials (the ones that are similar to "1480MIN######", as per another online generator), with the respective models and MAC addresses of that unit, so that we can get things rolling again.

Please keep the tone down. Also please read your PMs.

Mount the first partition of each drive (it should be an ext4 drive). Delete all files. Unmount. Reboot.

Well no luck,it says cant read filesystem information and therefor cant mout the disks.

what to do know erase everyhting and start from scratch?

Thanks for providing the new serial format, and the permanent characters for the DS3617xs!

I've made an updated generator, you can find it here.

Also found an issue in your method. When you generate the serial, you do not care about the padding of the numbers after the "N". It MUST be 6 characters in total. So it cannot be simply "11", it has to be something like "001001" or "000011" or "100001".

I tried to generate. I received 1530ODN717436. I entered into Synology Account, and I was responded that not a correct format.

Sorry, made a mistake, it should be corrected now. Replace the first two numbers (15) with 14, and it should work.

Thanks for providing the new serial format, and the permanent characters for the DS3617xs!

Also found an issue in your method. When you generate the serial, you do not care about the padding of the numbers after the "N". It MUST be 6 characters in total. So it cannot be simply "11", it has to be something like "001001" or "000011" or "100001".

Thank you very much for your work,

But how do i enter mac address?

Because the serial number is registered at https://account.synology.com

But as you want to run quicconetc gets bogged down

Thank you very much for your work,

But how do i enter mac address?

Because the serial number is registered at https://account.synology.com

But as you want to run quicconetc gets bogged down

There is no need to use QuickConnect. Simply setup a custom DDNS instead.