XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Baremetal is Running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.0.2 V1.01 Bootloader.

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.1 V1.02a Bootloader.

Think there is no driver for that card. Running also vm with passthrough and this works good. But I use a lsi card.

But the same card works fine on baremetal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

for those still on DSM 6.0.2 , have you got webdav working ? i am not able to have it to work on my two instances of 6.0.2 whereas it works fine on xpenoboot

i made some research which point me to native DSM 6 where they say to fix permissions which i did on jun 6.0.2 but no luck

If anyone can share some information then this would be very appreciated

thanks

XT

no one is using webdav , no one has an issue or no one want to reply ? i am just looking to know if webdav is working fo you ...

Good Evening,

for those still on DSM 6.0.2 , have you got webdav working ? i am not able to have it to work on my two instances of 6.0.2 whereas it works fine on xpenoboot

i made some research which point me to native DSM 6 where they say to fix permissions which i did on jun 6.0.2 but no luck

If anyone can share some information then this would be very appreciated

thanks

XT

no one is using webdav , no one has an issue or no one want to reply ? i am just looking to know if webdav is working fo you ...

I found this post in here by jun in response to a question about mounting the primary partitions.

jun wrote:

DSM seems by default create system raid arrary with big endian metadata, and normally x86 devices use little endian metadata on these arrays

so /dev/md0 can not be auto detected by normal linux distributions, unless you could find a big endian linux box :smile:

But linux hackers are kind enough to provide some obscure command line options to make peoples life easier.

you can use follow command to exam foreign endian arrary members

mdadm -Ee0.swap /dev/sda1

and use follow command to assemble an arrary and fix byte order in one go

mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 ...

DSM will convert it back to its preferred endian on next boot, so no further action requried.

I attempted the commands and got some mixed results, but no mounted drives, I have 7 drives in this array.

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1

mdadm: /dev/md0 assembled from 2 drives, need 7 to start --run to insist

Now I thought that might be incorrect so next I ran it with all 7

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1

mdadm: no super block found on /dev/sda1 (expected magic a92349b, got f987efd4)

Then I just got the same error trying the first command and decided to reboot and here I am haha.

***Update

after the reboot I was still getting the magic number error command and I ran

mdadm -A -s

AND BOOM! It loaded BOTH partitions! Time to make some changes and see if the lib/modules cp fixes my box as well.

***Update 2

When I put my USB flash for jun loader back in it booted me up and prompted me to reinstall synology and then said it was formatting the system partition and what not and has now rebooted again and now I am setting it up from scratch it looks like, setting the device name, username, etc etc.

Now that I have completed the setup, I see that my important data is still intact, but all of my Synology config is lost, which I can live with!!

@Trantor

Please could you add a link to the post quoted in the OP so people can be find it easily?

I actually did something a bit more complete in reference to that post where Jun kindly provided that information due to some technical difficulties I was having.

Here we go: Tutorial: How to access DSM's Data & System partitions

Nice work! :smile:

Updated to 6.1 using Alpha loader without any issues, no weird messages and everything works ok.

Bare Metal, LSI 9211-8 on ASROCK board Xeon CPU 8 3tb, didn't loose any data.

Just wait a day or two and then report again :wink:

everything still working even my mellanox that did not work before

Updated to 6.1 using Alpha loader without any issues, no weird messages and everything works ok.

Bare Metal, LSI 9211-8 on ASROCK board Xeon CPU 8 3tb, didn't loose any data.

Just wait a day or two and then report again :wink:

everything still working even my mellanox that did not work before

No volume crashes or funky messages?

Hi, that looks good. I think my problems are comes from:

1. Using at first ds3617xs image. Having problem after one or 2 days run-time

2. Using to many cpu cores. More than 4 generates an error.

Now I run 4 cores with ds3615 and will test it if it runs stable. Your screenshot shows me that this configuration is more stable...:smile:

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.0.2 V1.01 Bootloader.

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.1 V1.02a Bootloader.

Think there is no driver for that card. Running also vm with passthrough and this works good. But I use a lsi card.

But the same card works fine on baremetal

Also works in ubuntu vm

Check your config. My setup is here and its working:

http://imgur.com/5rXRX6E

http://imgur.com/0sQpXZC

Check your config. My setup is here and its working:

http://imgur.com/5rXRX6E

http://imgur.com/0sQpXZC

Will have a look on the desktop client. Been doing it through web client

upgraded to 6.1 alpha without any issues.

Microserver Gen8, esxi 6.5.

http://imgur.com/a/ImzZW

can you make some screenshots or tell me how you configured your disks in esxi ? parallel ...

for boot image and ssd disk ? also are you using es1000 network adapter or vmxnet3

this is my config:

http://imgur.com/a/LxPM5

disks were configured as RAID 0 in B120i and then as RAW mapped device to XPE.

the SSD is the datastore and i only have the VMs on it.

Adapter is E1000e.

this is the tutorial I used the first i configured XPE in VM

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2147

i have esxi 6.5 running om my hp gen8 server

when i import that .vmdk file to register the VM i always have this issue/warning :

This VM is attached to a network portgroup that doesn't exist. Edit this VM and attach it to a different network

i cant remove the adapter or change settings in the created vm, so therefore if i startup this vm, offcourse the network is not started

i also had the same issue using the old 6.02 loader, now also with the alpha

in order to make it work, i need to manually create the vmware , then it works