My NAS

DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01

MB:J4205-ITX

RAM:KST 4G*2(1.35v)

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

HD:ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z*2 in Marvell 9215

SSD:x25-E*2 (SSD Cache)

When SSD cache enabled

Hard disk read speed is very slow(50-55M/s), write ok(100M/s)

ASM1061 or Marvell 9215 will be so,very slow

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

Do you have this problem?

--------------------------

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=44 SasIdxMap=0'

So now is it the SSD cache, or the portmap setup?

How to do it ?

084924fcimzfppifj77zjq.jpg

My NAS

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

When SSD cache enabled

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=44 SasIdxMap=0'

So you have 2x HDD and 2x SSD correct? Why not use all 4 onboard SATA ports?

My NAS

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

When SSD cache enabled

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

So you have 2x HDD and 2x SSD correct? Why not use all 4 onboard SATA ports?

yes,I tried it use all 4 onboard

The problem still exists

My NAS

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

When SSD cache enabled

yes,I tried it use all 4 onboard

The problem still exists

What speeds are you getting when SSD cache is turned off?

I think PCIE x1 is limited to 500MB/s (assuming PCIE 2.0), which would be shared by all devices plugged into this Interface.. No idea what the overhead is but I'd be inclined to make sure the SSDs are plugged into your motherboard, where they can make full use of the SATA3 interfaces (600MB/sec each)..

In fact, given the speed of PCIE x1, I probably wouldn't use it at all..

What speeds are you getting when SSD cache is turned off?

I think PCIE x1 is limited to 500MB/s (assuming PCIE 2.0), which would be shared by all devices plugged into this Interface.. No idea what the overhead is but I'd be inclined to make sure the SSDs are plugged into your motherboard, where they can make full use of the SATA3 interfaces (600MB/sec each)..

In fact, given the speed of PCIE x1, I probably wouldn't use it at all..

SSD cache is turned off

Speed The speed is ok, are close to 100MB

thank you

Hello,

I loader DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha have a problem logging in to support quickconnec change my MAC address and serial number on hand

http://quickconnector.orgfree.com/index.php

gets Daka information

The system could not perform any operation, an unknown error occurred

What may be the problem ?

DSM DSM is 6.1-15047 Update 1

Looks like the DSM 6.1 GPL sources are currently being added https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/

Indeed. As we speak! Not sure all the source code is included though looking at the size of the source. We shall wait they finish the uploads.

Apparently they're done. As far as I see, all the sources we need are available.

Synology also made a Docker/KVM package/image available, so I was thinking, maybe it would be possible to use a baseline Linux distro with Docker/KVM, and run it inside that? That way most of the hackery to get around their security wouldn't be needed.

Looks like the DSM 6.1 GPL sources are currently being added https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/

Indeed. As we speak! Not sure all the source code is included though looking at the size of the source. We shall wait they finish the uploads.

Apparently they're done. As far as I see, all the sources we need are available.

Synology also made a Docker/KVM package/image available, so I was thinking, maybe it would be possible to use a baseline Linux distro with Docker/KVM, and run it inside that? That way most of the hackery to get around their security wouldn't be needed.

That would rock, but I guess they locked it to run only on DSM.

Need some Elder Geek to check if it's doable :smile:

Hi, everybody!

At the people the generated SN disappear in a private office of Synology. I have also all SN that I got in case of tests 6.1 – names of models were gone though SN remained, but it is impossible to delete them, an error message is given: validation.serial_no

Inquiry: for whom works stablly 6.1 – didn't include QC? And everything was disconnected at those who connected it?

It seems us well gave a ride with 6.1! The freebie ended.

Hi,

I'm trying to make synology bootable image with jun's scripts from github and newly released syno source, but I'm missing compatibility util source (error while mkramdisk is trying to compile from tool directory which is empty). What is it and where can I download it.

Hi,

I'm trying to make synology bootable image with jun's scripts from github and newly released syno source, but I'm missing compatibility util source (error while mkramdisk is trying to compile from tool directory which is empty). What is it and where can I download it.

It seems that it need modprobe into tool folder

Sorry I have hp gen 8 and before update to 6.1 work all good with loader 1.01... i update to new loader and update to 6.1 but when reset hp and restart loader default cannot find in lan... is there a fix? .. is it possible to downgrade to 6.02? .. thanks

edit. resolve with clean install without delete data.. thanks

Hi,

running under vm 6.5 and try loader 1.02a for ds3617. After one day get that f++k page "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.". Now I will try loader for ds3615. Read some posts that that image don't have this kind of problem.

Is there any other different between these 2 images. Is there a pro to use ds3617 if its working?

Hi,

running under vm 6.5 and try loader 1.02a for ds3617. After one day get that f++k page "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.". Now I will try loader for ds3615. Read some posts that that image don't have this kind of problem.

Is there any other different between these 2 images. Is there a pro to use ds3617 if its working?

besides bragging rights that 3617 > 3615, from everything I've read 3615 doesn't limit usable hardware in any way "quad core cpu, more mem etc" most likely the available ad-on Synology packages may differ from the detected hardware version. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Hi All, Great Loader,

Ive got an issue on ESXi 6.0. I have a baremetal which im wanting to Migrate to a VM.

Ive currently got 2 ASM1062 Sata PCI-E Card in the baremetal but when i pass through the same card on the VM it doesnt seem to detect it inside DSM.

Is there anything i need to do on the Grub.cfg to get it to detect it?

Baremetal is Running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.0.2 V1.01 Bootloader.

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.1 V1.02a Bootloader.

Hi,

besides bragging rights that 3617 > 3615, from everything I've read 3615 doesn't limit usable hardware in any way "quad core cpu, more mem etc" most likely the available ad-on Synology packages may differ from the detected hardware version. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

No, the loaders do not modify the accessible hardware, and the sys info page saying a different CPU is because it's a burnt-in value per model.

However the 3615 might not get future updates, while the 3617 will (since it's a newer model).

Baremetal is Running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.0.2 V1.01 Bootloader.

VM Is Successfully running the same Version but unable to detect the passthrough with the 6.1 V1.02a Bootloader.

Think there is no driver for that card. Running also vm with passthrough and this works good. But I use a lsi card.