XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Where is wrong?

DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01

My motherboard is ASRock J4205-ITX

ASMedia ASM1061:Enabled

SataPortMap=22

intel SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors will appear slow to read(50-55M/s), write ok(100M/s)

when ASMedia ASM1061:Disabled

intel SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors is ok。 Read and write can reach 100M

so I bought a new controller Marvell 9215,(ASMedia ASM1061:Disabled)

SataPortMap=24

Or the same problem ,intel SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors will appear slow to read

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

Have you tried setting SataPortMap to 4/6? It might help

Where is wrong?

SataPortMap=22

intel SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors will appear slow to read(50-55M/s), write ok(100M/s)

SataPortMap=24

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

I will try it

Thank you

DSM 6.0.2 - can't find in assistant or find.synology.com and no in the network.

DSM 6.1 - can't find in assistant or find.synology.com and no in the network.

Hello!

For 6.0.2 - try it. But it isn't sure. Would describe what doesn't use and what iron. With 6.0.2 in general the majority has no problems.

For 6.1 – most likely so far nothing will help.

• Like 1

DSM 6.0.2 - can't find in assistant or find.synology.com and no in the network.

DSM 6.1 - can't find in assistant or find.synology.com and no in the network.

Hello!

For 6.0.2 - try it. But it isn't sure. Would describe what doesn't use and what iron. With 6.0.2 in general the majority has no problems.

For 6.1 – most likely so far nothing will help.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately your decision did not help, all the same result.

To verify: vid pid sn mac is changed, and all variation of load been used (baaremetal,amd,vmware).

How can i found debug information?

Thanks Trantor for V1.02alpha.

I can confirm it is working bare metal on ASUS C60M1-I with AMD Fusion APU C-60. Network card is Realtek 8111F.

System is running with DSM 6.1-15047-1 Raid1 Btrfs. I was able to perform the automatic update 1 and rebooted without issue afterwards.

Prior to this I was running Version: 6.0.2-8451-8 on this same system without issue.

Work with AMD CPU ?!?!?!

Why doesn't work with AMD on N40L ??

Where is wrong?

SataPortMap=22

SataPortMap=24

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

The problem still exists

Thank you

fresh install is work fine. But upgrade install from 6.02 cannot boot up(Synology Assistant and my Router can't discover my nas).

I boot my nas with gentoo livecd, build /dev/md0 with all my hdd sdX1 partition and mount it.

after "cp /lib/modules/update/* /lib/modules/", and reboot. All work fine .

This was tested with my nas machine and vm.

Edited by Guest

boot your nas with linux livecd, build /dev/md0 , and copy all files in /lib/modules/update to /lib/modules.

it's working for me.

Hi,

this week end i migrated my baremetal microserver g8 from DSM 6.0xx update 9 to the last DSM 6.1 u1 with jun 1.02 alpha bootloader.

BUT, migrate option was ok, but after a reboot, no network interface ! i was connected on ilo (or VSP) and i don't have login prompt (since DSM 6!). the user EMA had the same problem, and he has connected via VSP to copy network library to the good directory. but me i can't !

How can i have the login prompt (like under dsm 5?)

For information, as i can't migrate ( :sad: ) i reinstall dsm (2nd option) and network is ok, and DSM 6.1 u1 is ok on my g8. AND I DON'T LOOSE MY DATA !!! (only my apps/configuration :sad: )

Hi there,

Just wonder if there is anyway to make DSM6 worl in Xenserver?

I imported vmdk to Xenserver and it booted okay. But synology assistant couldn't find the device. From the Xenserver console, it seems the VM wasn't able to get a IP address. I assume the virtual NIC didnt work??

Can some help me with this?

Thanks heaps.

Where is wrong?

SataPortMap=22

SataPortMap=24

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

I will try it

Thank you

Did you successfully configure your Marvell 9215 ? especially with external e-sata ?

I never was able to get it working (missing driver supporting e-sata multidisk I can't obtain here) ...

It works fine under freeNAS, but not with DSM :sad:

boot your nas with linux livecd, build /dev/md0 , and copy all files in /lib/modules/update to /lib/modules.

it's working for me.

Hi,

this week end i migrated my baremetal microserver g8 from DSM 6.0xx update 9 to the last DSM 6.1 u1 with jun 1.02 alpha bootloader.

BUT, migrate option was ok, but after a reboot, no network interface ! i was connected on ilo (or VSP) and i don't have login prompt (since DSM 6!). the user EMA had the same problem, and he has connected via VSP to copy network library to the good directory. but me i can't !

For information, as i can't migrate ( :sad: ) i reinstall dsm (2nd option) and network is ok, and DSM 6.1 u1 is ok on my g8. AND I DON'T LOOSE MY DATA !!! (only my apps/configuration :sad: )

Quick question for ya @plutoGhost I am booting with Ubuntu and mdadm -A -s and got my array built and accessible, but I am only able to see my storage data partition, not the primary Synology partition? How can I mount the other partition on the array with the lib/modules folder?

Thanks!

I found this post in here by jun in response to a question about mounting the primary partitions.

jun wrote:

DSM seems by default create system raid arrary with big endian metadata, and normally x86 devices use little endian metadata on these arrays

so /dev/md0 can not be auto detected by normal linux distributions, unless you could find a big endian linux box :smile:

But linux hackers are kind enough to provide some obscure command line options to make peoples life easier.

you can use follow command to exam foreign endian arrary members

mdadm -Ee0.swap /dev/sda1

and use follow command to assemble an arrary and fix byte order in one go

mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 ...

DSM will convert it back to its preferred endian on next boot, so no further action requried.

I attempted the commands and got some mixed results, but no mounted drives, I have 7 drives in this array.

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1

mdadm: /dev/md0 assembled from 2 drives, need 7 to start --run to insist

Now I thought that might be incorrect so next I ran it with all 7

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1

mdadm: no super block found on /dev/sda1 (expected magic a92349b, got f987efd4)

Then I just got the same error trying the first command and decided to reboot and here I am haha.

***Update

after the reboot I was still getting the magic number error command and I ran

mdadm -A -s

AND BOOM! It loaded BOTH partitions! Time to make some changes and see if the lib/modules cp fixes my box as well.

***Update 2

When I put my USB flash for jun loader back in it booted me up and prompted me to reinstall synology and then said it was formatting the system partition and what not and has now rebooted again and now I am setting it up from scratch it looks like, setting the device name, username, etc etc.

Now that I have completed the setup, I see that my important data is still intact, but all of my Synology config is lost, which I can live with!!

Good Evening,

for those still on DSM 6.0.2 , have you got webdav working ? i am not able to have it to work on my two instances of 6.0.2 whereas it works fine on xpenoboot

i made some research which point me to native DSM 6 where they say to fix permissions which i did on jun 6.0.2 but no luck

If anyone can share some information then this would be very appreciated

thanks

XT

I found this post in here by jun in response to a question about mounting the primary partitions.

jun wrote:

DSM seems by default create system raid arrary with big endian metadata, and normally x86 devices use little endian metadata on these arrays

so /dev/md0 can not be auto detected by normal linux distributions, unless you could find a big endian linux box :smile:

But linux hackers are kind enough to provide some obscure command line options to make peoples life easier.

DSM will convert it back to its preferred endian on next boot, so no further action requried.

I attempted the commands and got some mixed results, but no mounted drives, I have 7 drives in this array.

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1

Then I just got the same error trying the first command and decided to reboot and here I am haha.

***Update

mdadm -A -s

AND BOOM! It loaded BOTH partitions! Time to make some changes and see if the lib/modules cp fixes my box as well.

***Update 2

When I put my USB flash for jun loader back in it booted me up and prompted me to reinstall synology and then said it was formatting the system partition and what not and has now rebooted again and now I am setting it up from scratch it looks like, setting the device name, username, etc etc.

Now that I have completed the setup, I see that my important data is still intact, but all of my Synology config is lost, which I can live with!!

@Trantor

Please could you add a link to the post quoted in the OP so people can be find it easily?

Did you successfully configure your Marvell 9215 ? especially with external e-sata ?

I never was able to get it working (missing driver supporting e-sata multidisk I can't obtain here) ...

It works fine under freeNAS, but not with DSM :sad:

IO-PCE9215-4I

201508261526217063.jpg

no configure mode,no external e-sata

I use ASMedia ASM1061 also very slow

jun wrote:

***Update

mdadm -A -s

***Update 2

@Trantor

Please could you add a link to the post quoted in the OP so people can be find it easily?

I actually did something a bit more complete in reference to that post where Jun kindly provided that information due to some technical difficulties I was having.

Here we go: Tutorial: How to access DSM's Data & System partitions

sorry for reply later.

to access the primary Synology partition, first manul build the /dev/md0 array device

mdadm --build /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=NUMOFHDDS /dev/sda1 /dev/sdX1...

it's working for me.

Hi,

Quick question for ya @plutoGhost I am booting with Ubuntu and mdadm -A -s and got my array built and accessible, but I am only able to see my storage data partition, not the primary Synology partition? How can I mount the other partition on the array with the lib/modules folder?

Thanks!

sorry for reply later.

to access the primary Synology partition, first manul build the /dev/md0 array device

mdadm --build /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=NUMOFHDDS /dev/sda1 /dev/sdX1...

I was able to get myself all squared away, even with the time change against me haha. But I really appreciate you responding to my question, thanks you!

My NAS

MB:J4205-ITX

RAM:KST 4G*2(1.35v)

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

HD:ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z*2 in Marvell 9215

SSD:x25-E*2 (SSD Cache)

When SSD cache enabled

Hard disk read speed is very slow(50-55M/s), write ok(100M/s)

ASM1061 or Marvell 9215 will be so,very slow

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

Do you have this problem?

--------------------------

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=44 SasIdxMap=0'

My NAS

MB:J4205-ITX

RAM:KST 4G*2(1.35v)

Marvell 9215*1 PCIE 1X

HD:ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z*2 in Marvell 9215

SSD:x25-E*2 (SSD Cache)

When SSD cache enabled

Hard disk read speed is very slow(50-55M/s), write ok(100M/s)

ASM1061 or Marvell 9215 will be so,very slow

Who can help me?

Thank you for everyone

Do you have this problem?

--------------------------

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=44 SasIdxMap=0'

So now is it the SSD cache, or the portmap setup?

Hi guys.

I successfully upgraded my NAS to DSM 6.1 using Jun's loader 1.02 (3615). Everything is perfect except one message that I had at startup and that I cannot explain.

Here it is :

mini_47736920170313.png

which basically means that "system has detected 1 or more storage which failed. Please check that following disks are connected" followed by all my units.

Note that despite this message, my volume is OK.

Can someone help me, I am running out of ideas ?

Thank you

MB : Asus P8Z68-V PRO

EDIT : just saw that others have the same problem :

I tried with force install and it worked, but now, every time my machine boots, this error comes up...

jtdUCAS.jpg

Any ideas?

Hi. I have the same problem. My update went great. I've updated from DS3615xs 6.0.2 u9 to DS3617xs 6.1 version without any problem. Settings migration went beautifully. The only problem is this error after reboot. Adding "syno_port_thaw=1" argument to normal boot does not help. Besides that everything looks like it's working.