XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Is it possible to write the bootloader to RS4017xs+ ?

Because the RS4017xs can have 16 internal hard disks.

Thank you

if you modify your synoinfo.conf you also can have more than the 12 hdd's internally...

DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 but also works for DSM 6.1 (tested on my new backup system)

HDDs2.jpg

just check the forum about how to do so..

after an mayor update it usually is overwritten so yes, with a volume 10+ hdd's it will be a pain in the ass...

usually u only need to change the values back and then recheck ur volumes...but it'll take some time..and of course there CAN be data loss...

that's why all my volumes consist of max. 4 HDDs in Raid 5...it's more epensive..but less complicated.

Anyone has the strange issue on baremetal that I have with my KVM virtual machine? When I use the synoboot as given in 1.02 there is no problem at all in Synology assistant, unfortunately the machine has the normal sn/mac combination. If I change that combination like I did before with OSFMount, everything gets screwes up and parts of the IPv6 adress is my mac in Synology assistant.

May I know if it is possible to add support to an officially (Synology) unsupported DVB Tuner using the loader?

On the other hand, there are supported tuner with the same chipset. So the driver should be available. Are there any hint in doing this?

Thanks.

I got the dreaded 'Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found' after 6.1 upgrade.

Digging around, looks like synoscgi upstart job fails to run and it's due to libsynoshare.so.6 (error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header). Few other commands I tried (synoupgrade) failed for the same reason.

Typically, ELF header issues are due to mixing 32 and 64 bit dependencies (between executable and shared object libs). Hopefully, one of you with more experience with syno stuff can think of workarounds or things that can be tried.

some DSM models has extra checks after running around a few hours, if this check is not passed, a few .so will be deliberately corrupted,

the code to deal with this is not enabled for the model if you see "device not supported" in the kernel log

Yes, I do see 'Device Not Supported' in the kern.log.

I didn't have this issue with 6.02. So, something has changed in the 6.1 DSM code that enforces stricter checks? Is there something I can do to get around this or should I revert back to 6.02?

• Sad 1

I have done more test about network detecting issues.

I found a "old" Intel I340-T4 adapter (that use igb driver) to run some test:

My test system have an onboard realtek adapter (RTL8102EL 10/100M) + Intel I340-T4

Using jun 1.02 alpha:

No disk in the system : Syno Assistant find both network adapters (intel and realtek)

Disk with DSM (current or old) : Syno Assistant find nothing even using Reinstall boot option

Using my modified version of jun 1.02 alpha:

No disk in the system : Syno Assistant find both network adapters

Disk with DSM (current or old) : Syno Assistant find both network adapters using Reinstall boot option (normal boot doesn't find anything)

After installing DSM 6.1 I loose the realtek adapter.

After checking loaded modules with lsmod it only shows official synology modules ! None of the extra's modules are loaded.

Modules are not even copied in /lib/modules/update/

I think there is something wrong during boot sequence that prevent modules to be loaded/copied properly.

I've ordered a serial rs232 cable in order to debug this sh*t and see what's going on during boot.

EDIT:

No time to run some test with blank disk

so at you 2 LAN, 1 - I219LM and it it seems and so shall work without finishings, isn't present? (Intel PHY i219LM + Intel i210AT)

After the reboot both of the NIC's wont show up anymore.

I will look for my serial rs232 te see what console is telling me

Installed Juns Alpha build a few times now in ESXI 6.5.

Basic observations:

Dont install with 2 nics enabled(if using serial #) fails randomly. Just use nic1, seems to help.

I have ran into, during upgrade, syno assist wont show box, but dhcp shows it. Hit ip and all seems fine.(all dual nics).

Baremetal:

I only install with nic 1 and add 1 later. Even non alpha was finicky with 2.

Have one "upgrade" where Raid 5 btrfs always b***** about checksums. Reloaded with full wipe and all is fine.

Another bare metal is running like it should.

If you are running VDSM and dont serial correctly you VDSMS serials are funky and wont quickconnect.

So Synology is checking more things...simple as that.

Has anyone with a LSI 9211-8i controller done an upgrade with the new alpha loader?

I have this LSI controller.

The new loader is able to load but after DSM install, it is not responsive to any power commands via DSM web GUI, eg. Shutdown or restart.

Anyone else experiencing power issues?

Has anyone with a LSI 9211-8i controller done an upgrade with the new alpha loader?

The new loader is able to load but after DSM install, it is not responsive to any power commands via DSM web GUI, eg. Shutdown or restart.

I am also using the 9211-8i and it works flawlessly with both of the latest loaders. The disk order makes no sense, but I can live with that. Shutdown / reboot works fine as well.

Hi,

this week end i migrated my baremetal microserver g8 from DSM 6.0xx update 9 to the last DSM 6.1 u1 with jun 1.02 alpha bootloader.

BUT, migrate option was ok, but after a reboot, no network interface ! i was connected on ilo (or VSP) and i don't have login prompt (since DSM 6!). the user EMA had the same problem, and he has connected via VSP to copy network library to the good directory. but me i can't !

How can i have the login prompt (like under dsm 5?)

For information, as i can't migrate ( :sad: ) i reinstall dsm (2nd option) and network is ok, and DSM 6.1 u1 is ok on my g8. AND I DON'T LOOSE MY DATA !!! (only my apps/configuration :sad: )

Hi,

this week end i migrated my baremetal microserver g8 from DSM 6.0xx update 9 to the last DSM 6.1 u1 with jun 1.02 alpha bootloader.

BUT, migrate option was ok, but after a reboot, no network interface ! i was connected on ilo (or VSP) and i don't have login prompt (since DSM 6!). the user EMA had the same problem, and he has connected via VSP to copy network library to the good directory. but me i can't !

How can i have the login prompt (like under dsm 5?)

For information, as i can't migrate ( :sad: ) i reinstall dsm (2nd option) and network is ok, and DSM 6.1 u1 is ok on my g8. AND I DON'T LOOSE MY DATA !!! (only my apps/configuration :sad: )

Just do a backup just to be sure. Probability is we all who are stuck with no network issue would have to a fresh install of 6.0.2 if the issue is due to third party modules not being loaded due to some synology restrictions as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am also using the 9211-8i and it works flawlessly with both of the latest loaders. The disk order makes no sense, but I can live with that. Shutdown / reboot works fine as well.

I really appreciate you guys getting back to me about your own personal experiences. I will probably go ahead and upgrade this week and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!

I am the test server which is long launched didn't hold, and last night decided to leave and here that it showed me through approximately half of days of operation 6.1.

At first booted, but began to show errors different and it:

And then showed it:

Total:

GA-N3150N-D3V - 6.1 was got and how many and that works hours.

ASRock E3C226D2I - 6.1 - isn't got absolutely (network interface cards, and it is possible and controllers aren't loaded).

Yes, it seems that the loader for 3617xs doesn't patch all the system files correctly and a timebomb gets activated. Same problem here unfortunately (however, for the moment I'm saved due to having a working snapshot on ESXi). @Jun, are there any plans to update your 3617xs image to get rid of this?

Yes, it seems that the loader for 3617xs doesn't patch all the system files correctly and a timebomb gets activated. Same problem here unfortunately (however, for the moment I'm saved due to having a working snapshot on ESXi). @Jun, are there any plans to update your 3617xs image to get rid of this?

I'm doing the same on ESXI The snapshot is the only thing keeping it alive.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

@ordimans

I upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0 and am now at 6.1 with the 1.02 3615xs alpha loader(yeah, i lost all my data in the process) and im not having any issues with my dell UPS connected through a usb cable. I have not done the update 1 for dsm 6.1 yet as i'm not sure if it breaks anything yet or not.

Thanks you

So it's a problem with DSM 6.0 and not with the loader ? I thought it was a driver problem....

But now I have another problem after power off the Dsm interface is not reachable ....

And SHR work with this loader or not ? I saw it's disable...

But I had no problem during the update from 5.2 to 6.0...