XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Feedback for @jun

I was able to get the network drivers to load one time on the DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha synoboot image. This was on a Gigabyte GA-Z87x-UD5H motherboard which has 2 on-board network ports. The chips are

LAN Chipset

Intel i217V

Second LAN Chipset

Intel i210AT

After the initial boot, subsequent reboots the loader would not recognize the network ports.

Hey guys I did something stupid. I accidentally booted quicknic 6.0.2 loader when I have my system installed and running on Jun's 1.01 . Now my volume has crashed. HDD info says they are ok.

I SShed into NAS and tried to mount it manually by doing

mount /volume1

. I got error

mount: unknown filesystem type 'btrfs'

dmeg | grep btrfs gives

[   17.637671] btrfs: Unknown symbol ecryptfs_encrypt_extent_export (err 0)

I can run btrfs command though.

running

btrfs check /dev/vg1000/lv 

gave following

Syno caseless feature on.
Checking filesystem on /dev/vg1000/lv
UUID: 8ae2592d-0773-4a58-86cd-9be492d7cabe
checking extents
checking free space cache
cache and super generation don't match, space cache will be invalidated
checking fs roots
checking csums
checking root refs
found 669907279926 bytes used err is 0
total csum bytes: 648457608
total tree bytes: 1289289728
total fs tree bytes: 503775232
total extent tree bytes: 46645248
btree space waste bytes: 181185849
file data blocks allocated: 29364592496640
referenced 667802243072
btrfs-progs v4.0

I have already done multiple restarts. It didnt help. But can anyone else?

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone, and thanks for all your support.

I have a HP Microserver n40l server, and I have followed all the instructions for setting up jun load 1.01. If I plug a VGA cable I see "Booting the kernel". But the problem is I cant find synology nas through find.synology.com or synology assitant. I have tried with a lot of different usb with same result. I think that this HW is supported. I have checked that my mac is fine as VID and PID. Also I have tried running wireshark in a laptop with rj45 directly connected, I cant see any dhcp request.

How I can debug this?

thank you!

There are lot of people which have network detecting issues.

All intel drivers (igb, e1000e, ixgbe) are already included, updated and loaded by Synology so don't ask if someone can add them.

And Yes on some systems with intel adapter it's not working :sad:

After some digging I found some topic about intel 10gb not working properly due to Synology parameter in /etc.defaults/modules.conf

Removing these lines seems to fix the issue.

In this file there are parameters for ixgbe (10gb) AND for igb (i210, i340, i350, 825xx)

So I build a test version based on jun's 1.02 alpha for DSM 6.1.

I only modified two things:

- Remove parameters for ixgbe and igb in/etc.defaults/modules.conf (ramdrive)

- Replace the realtek r8169 by the latest one from realtek website (r8168, r8169 and r8101) this fix the network issue for my Zotac with RTL8111/8168/8411

Download : https://download.xpenology.xyz/ALPHA/DS3615xs%206.1%20Jun's%20Mod%20V1.02-alpha-TEST.zip

Please give feedback if you have i210 adapter

This is a TEST build based on an Alpha loader do not use it unless you know what you are doing !

EDIT:

During installation /etc.defaults/modules.conf is replace by the one inside the PAT file.

IF the modification in the ramdrive allows your system to shows on the network, it will not survive the first reboot during setup.

But if this happen we will just have to make little patch to prevent overwriting the file during setup

Feedback for @jun

I was able to get the network drivers to load one time on the DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha synoboot image. This was on a Gigabyte GA-Z87x-UD5H motherboard which has 2 on-board network ports. The chips are

LAN Chipset

Intel i217V

Second LAN Chipset

Intel i210AT

After the initial boot, subsequent reboots the loader would not recognize the network ports.

My Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 with i218V is working ok with jun's 1.02 alpha loader.

Your i217V adapter should be working.

It's supported by the e1000e drivers (i217, i218, i219...)

I have a HP Microserver n40l server, and I have followed all the instructions for setting up jun load 1.01. If I plug a VGA cable I see "Booting the kernel". But the problem is I cant find synology nas through find.synology.com or synology assitant. I have tried with a lot of different usb with same result. I think that this HW is supported. I have checked that my mac is fine as VID and PID. Also I have tried running wireshark in a laptop with rj45 directly connected, I cant see any dhcp request.

How I can debug this?

thank you!

are you selecting the amd-boot option?

Download : https://download.xpenology.xyz/ALPHA/DS3615xs%206.1%20Jun's%20Mod%20V1.02-alpha-TEST.zip

This is a TEST build based on an Alpha loader do not use it unless you know what you are doing !

Thanks for works.

I have i210 adapter. Wrote on the USB stick. Changed vid, pid, sn, mac - didn't earn.

It isn't lucky me :smile:

And somehow it is impossible to fasten through old files (extra.lzma or what rolled there though it seems) also now?

Trantor

I will test it tonight and will give you a feedback.

Thnx for the modifed settings in the loader

How I can debug this?

thank you!

Nope, should I ? Thanks!

- Windows Server 2016

- Vmware Workstation 12.5

- DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha

I want to passthrough my 8 TB HDD to the virtual machine, but can't make it work. Can somebody please help me? :?::roll:

Thanks!

Btw: Great work, Loader is working excellent!

Edited by Guest

Unpacked the loader here and I watch what there is:

image\extra-jun\extra-jun\usr\lib\modules\

image\extra\extra\usr\lib\modules\

I in e1000e modules don't see something though in \to etc\rc.modules and it is written that it is.

It turns out just really the module isn't present? And in old loaders it was. Maybe in it business?

----

Trouble, found it in rd-jun.gz and rd.gz, already even I don't know what to do, the driver it seems is it turns out, and network isn't loaded, the version not that can …

I seem not there looked for the driver :smile:

igb-x.x.x.tar.gz driver supports all Intel® 82575, 82576, 82580, I350, I210, or I211-based Gigabit Network Adapters/Connections

on the description from the website intel.

The igb.ko module is available in the loader too...

I got the dreaded 'Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found' after 6.1 upgrade.

Digging around, looks like synoscgi upstart job fails to run and it's due to libsynoshare.so.6 (error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header). Few other commands I tried (synoupgrade) failed for the same reason.

Typically, ELF header issues are due to mixing 32 and 64 bit dependencies (between executable and shared object libs). Hopefully, one of you with more experience with syno stuff can think of workarounds or things that can be tried.

How I can debug this?

thank you!

Nope, should I ? Thanks!

Yes. You should.

Hi there,

I did a clean installation of 6.1 on ESXi 6.5. When I boot with any baremetal option in GRUB (Jun 1.02 alpha) it works (kinda, messes up my SATA card).

But when I boot with the ESXi option like I'm supposed to do the system shows up in Syno Assistant with an 169.254.0.92 IP and the status of "not installed". Obviously I can't reach it, I wonder how it even manages to show up with that IP.

IP set to static btw.

Help..?

Edited by Guest

Ok so i also did a force install to 6.1 and using jun 1.02a . After migrating, NAS not discoverable in assistant. But it consistently works when i select the "reinstall" option in loader, but its only gives migration option. After doing that the next reboot will fail to discover the NAS.(tried both static and DHCP).

My NIC is intel e1000

DS3615

I got the dreaded 'Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found' after 6.1 upgrade.

Digging around, looks like synoscgi upstart job fails to run and it's due to libsynoshare.so.6 (error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header). Few other commands I tried (synoupgrade) failed for the same reason.

Typically, ELF header issues are due to mixing 32 and 64 bit dependencies (between executable and shared object libs). Hopefully, one of you with more experience with syno stuff can think of workarounds or things that can be tried.

some DSM models has extra checks after running around a few hours, if this check is not passed, a few .so will be deliberately corrupted,

the code to deal with this is not enabled for the model if you see "device not supported" in the kernel log

I have the same problem on Asrock E350M1 mainboard.

After migrating, NAS not discoverable in assistant. But it consistently works when i select the "reinstall" option in loader, but its only gives migration option. After doing that the next reboot will fail to discover the NAS.(tried both static and DHCP).

Any solution? Now I cant revert to 6.0 without new install

Thanks,

Upgrade or fresh install to 6.1, everything looks good. But after one night, i can't login to DSM webpage, it said "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found". Any one has the same issue and how to fix it? I tried to re-install, but the same issue occur again after over 12hrs.

I got the same on asrock j3160-itx.

Reinstalled yesterday, but today the same. Don't know how to fix it...

Same issue with DS3617xs V1.02 alpha installed in Esxi 6.5 . Now I'm changing back to Jun's mod V1.01 with DS3615xs, waiting if Jun got some idea to fix it.

How did you make it work in the first place? Migration or fresh install, for me nothing works. It seems it either ends up with no network after migration or sees no disks on a fresh Install.

All on esxi 6.5

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk